Trickjumping & Blocking volumes in Outpost23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trickjumping & Blocking volumes in Outpost23

It's impossible to trickjump because the sky is blocked really low. There are blocking volumes everywhere.
    As an example in the first screenshot; I really want to be able to get up those pipes. Why? Freedom.
    Exploring maps is awesome.

This is the highest you can go, sadly. This map is made to be trickjumped, but it feels like I'm playing on a console when I hit the ceiling.

Like here, in UT99 Phobos. You could jump to the window in the lower right. No one could hit you, and it was funny to taunt people behind the glass. That's unreal, no limitations.
    Attached Files

I totally agree you.
    We should follow the no limitations thing in UT4 too.

How did you get up on outpost23 so high?

Comment

Originally posted by FukeYA View Post
      I totally agree you.
      We should follow the no limitations thing in UT4 too.

How did you get up on outpost23 so high?
      Console command: "fly"

Comment

ouhw...okay.
        Thats sounds to easy

Comment

Past what you can see, it's a mess of empty space and scattered lego blocks. If you could get there, there'd be nothing to do and nowhere to go.
          Plus it's a competitive shooter, so players would just want to ban you if you got out of the map. :P

(On the plus side, you can't shoot at anyone from outside, so it's not very 'sploity.)

Comment

We need something like a defrag mod or so.

Comment

I agree you should be able to fall out of the map and die from the flak room and be able to walk on those pipes (only the closest ones at which you are still perfectly visible). Of course you shouldn't be able to hide outside the map though but the blocking volumes do feel a bit out of place when they form a wall there.
              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-06-2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I have a feeling this map is far from complete. the number of mesh errors ive seen in the map is insane, to the point i believe the map was meshed in a hurry to make GDC. i do not believe they will allow you to get outside the map, it does not benefit anyone apart from explorers, it ruins gameplay cause someone will always exploit it in online play. I think it is a space to watch and once Epic have more time they will not only improve upon the meshing, but the blocking volumes too.

Comment

Working...
                X