Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Recipes -- Guide to Packaging Maps (needed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Recipes -- Guide to Packaging Maps (needed)

I'm going to attempt to cook/package a map again. It would be great if we could get some guidance on what the settings should be.

Variant:
    WindowsNoEditor
    WindowsClient
    Windows
    WindowsServer

Config:
    Debug
    DebugGame
    Development
    Shipping
    Test

Data Build:
    By the Book
    On the Fly
    Do Not Cook

What are the differences between "Development" and "Shipping"?

What are the differences between "By the Book" and "On the Fly"?

I assume the Variant we would want is "Windows No Editor"?
    Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 03-10-2015, 03:14 AM.

• replied
    So when you <Share> a map in the Editor, the Launcher will upload the file for you, but where does it go, exactly, and is there a way to access the content and delete to prevent incremental build versions (aka junk) from piling up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK...so apparently you don't do that. Instead when you're ready to package up the map, you use the "Share" button and then it will create the .pak. Then it's suppose to auto-upload it to UT.Rushbase.net but I couldn't figure out where it put the map. I manually uploaded an early test version of my first UT4 project here:

https://ut.rushbase.net/Whippersnapper#

Now if you download the map, where do you put it so that you can play it on your install of the UT game? Was anyone able to download and run the map inside their UT game? I just want to test to see if this cooking/packaging/sharing thing works along with custom content installation.

<Edit> I think I've solved the problem, should run now. So, you download and move the .pak map into your <Documents> <Unreal Tournament> <Saved> <Paks> <MyContent> folder?
    Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 03-11-2015, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X