Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT Cloud -- Where does your content go when you "Share" a map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT Cloud -- Where does your content go when you "Share" a map?

So, I finally figured out how to cook/package maps into MapName.pak files. You also have the option of uploading them to Epic's cloud storage so they can be shared with other people, and you can watch your content upload in the UT Launcher.

Where is this mysterious cloud storage and is there a way to access it? What if you want to delete the prior 20 versions of a map that you uploaded? Is there a way to log in to your storage area?
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

If you try to start a "server" for your map, you get the message:

"Some files are not up to date on your cloud storage. Would you like to start anyway?" <yes>

"You have locally created custom content that is not in your cloud storage. Players may be unable to join your server. Are you sure?"

Uhmm...so...are custom made materials/textures built into the map's .pak file or what? Are people going to have to download separate texture packs and music packs for custom maps ala UT99? (...downloading "Customs.utx" ...downloading "CustomMusic.umx"...)
    Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 03-11-2015, 10:55 PM.
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Currently all share does is copy the pak to your Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Maps folder.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
        Currently all share does is copy the pak to your Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Maps folder.
        After chatting with some folks in IRC and in game, it looks like you have to:

Open ports 7777 and 15000 on your router and Windows Firewall and set to allow UDP (all very scary).

In the Game.ini file, set up a line for map redirect:

RedirectReferences="(MapName="/Game/Maps/CTF-Hardcore-Alphatest-v004",MapURL="https://ut.rushbase.net/Whippersnapper/CTF-Hardcore-Alphatest-v004.pak")"

Here's where it gets tricky. There's a Games.ini under UnrealTournamentDev and Epic Games/Launcher. I wonder which one needs the modification.
        Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 03-12-2015, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Hot ****. I modified a couple different Game.ini files that I was able to find and changed the server name. I set them as Read Only's to keep them from becoming default files, and I just can't seem to get hosting a server via the game (not an actual server program) to work. It would show in the server browser but say "UT Server" and not "WHIPperSNAPpers Customs". Perhaps the next step will be to attempt to install an actual server, but I'm under the impression that you're supposed to be able to host a game from your own computer via the UT game itself.

Comment

Hi, yeh im having probs, tried sharing a simple map other day and it never got to 100% just kept failing at 45% roughly each time i tried, last night i tried with diff map, managed to get it to 'appear' to upload to 100%, yet still get the 'cloud not synced' error, so no way of others to download the map etc....

Comment

currently under this current patch of 4/1 custom maps and redirect is broken for what I've learned so far and I had to remove all my custom maps from the server's folder all together!

As for your Server Name you just need to click the "Server Setting" tab in the upper left just above the "game type" selection tab and change the default server name!

.... the error only happens when you try to "Create a Game" from the launcher and "Host" an online match! ... you will not have this with a Dedicated Server!
              http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
              http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Working...
              X