Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New subforum for beginner mapdesign, funmaps, arenamaps, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are fun because the game is fun. Not the map. Making a square room and placing boxes in them doesn't make a map.

Comment

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
      Making a square room and placing boxes in them doesn't make a map.
      Looking back at ctf-face and floating pyramid - ha-ha
      Or 3 vertical boxes aka skyscrapers to jump between them

Comment

I understand the need but it's not something that is easy to classify.

At least, it would be cool if remade maps could use the "Remake" tag. It would be easier to find / discern them in the all.

Another tag like LP (LowPoly) would be nice since many, many maps are made with mostly BSP instead of a huge amount of meshes.
        Stevie's corner
        Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

I'm in favor of more tags, that sounds like a good idea

Putting maps in subs based on somebody's perceived quality seems like a bad idea. Hard to quantify and no need to do that. If anything further down the line we'll most likely have a way to highlight standout maps, but not the other way around.

We haven't had solid guide lines on this so far afaik but in reality the main LD forum should contain general LD related posts while the WIP sub should be used for just that, wip levels. We might want to add another sub for released levels down the line and it does seem like a good idea to have a sub for learning resources tips & tricks etc.

If you guys have suggestions for more tags, post them here!

Comment

Yeah, things have been a little confused since WIP was moved into LD. If you guys want/need another mod to help tidy up it up, move stuff around etc I'd be happy to help

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
              Putting maps in subs based on somebody's perceived quality seems like a bad idea.
              Definitely. One of the shocking revelations I came away with from UT99 is that the best-designed and best-looking maps do not necessarily always win. For example, CTF-andAction probably proved to be more popular than 90% of all maps that were ever released, as crazy as that sounds. Same for CTF-AGB-Made-in-5-minutes (it's still played every weekend by some UT99 old timers at the Frag Friday and Smackdown Saturday events.)
              UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Spent 6.5 hours on this. I can now say I've seen all maps currently built for UT4.
                Complete maplist: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...2-UT4-Map-list

Comment

Working...
                X