Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A map concept

Greetings fellow UT veterans,

I have an idea for an Instagib map, with a huge Daft Punk type touch, with great multicoloured club type lightings and effects,
    with heavy music in the background, something like Daft Punk - Robot Rock, picture it, it sounds so epic! I understand we can't just simply use any music we like, there'll be copyright infringements, but is it possible? I don't know anything about designing levels and ****, but I have a beautiful design in my head. Would it work??

https://youtu.be/sFZjqVnWBhc

Fragging people with instagib rifles in heavy lighting in a huge club area sounds epic as ****! Let me know what you guys think.

14k_bite

andaction with daft punk stage sounds pretty epic !
    would love to buy a ticket
    ut4 @ ESL
    skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
    usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
    skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

CTF-Epileptic.

You can use any music you want. It just won't be on marketplace or featured by an official instance.
      However, having the song in repeat more than 10 minutes would drive me crazy, the lights would be trippy though.

Comment

I think we've played way too many "traditional" maps, hangers.... castles, temples, jungles, ruins, etc, we need urban warfare in UT, give a residential area, give a next-gen nightclub, a little battlefied type evolving content won't hurt either.
        We can harness the full potential of Unreal Engine and make UT a wonderful FPS experience, after all... it was games like UT, Quake, and Half-Life that gave birth to the genre.

Comment

make the map !!!
          ut4 @ ESL
          skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
          usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
          skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

I would play it. The problem with those sort of "novel" (if you will) maps however is that they usually have no longevity. I would love to play that map a couple of times sure, especially since right now all the other maps right now are so boring.. and so much of the same. Chainsaw brings up a good point too about music like that starting to drive you crazy (if you even keep the music on).

If you have this vision in your head, then go and create it. Don't be that guy (that guy = I have such an awesome idea for a video game/website/app/etc.. I just need SOMEONE TO CREATE IT FOR ME).

The inspiring ideas that seemingly come out of nowhere is the easy part.
            ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
            CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
            , Twitch

Comment

Working...
            X