SM Collision problem / bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SM Collision problem / bug

I've been having a strange problem with collision the last few days. I made some simple plank/board type static meshes with box collision. They were working just fine then suddenly a few days ago collision on them just stopped working in game. It still works when I "play from here" in the editor but when I try to play a pak in game, I just fall right through them.

Any ideas?

I haven't tried just redoing the mesh from scratch yet. Guessing that'll fix it, just wondering if someone else has run into this before and knows a simpler fix that doesn't involve placing multiple instances of the mesh all over again?

Or I could always use a blocking volume on every instance of the mesh but that's exactly what I wanted to get away from doing and the reason why I put collision on the mesh in the first place!
    Last edited by MoxNix; 04-09-2015, 08:29 PM.

Isn't there a 'enable collision ingame' option somewhere? If I recall correctly that is.

edit: I did not recall correctly. Check if any default values were changed. Also, did you make the collision in a third party program or UE itself.
    Did you save the asset?

Gotta sleep though, maybe the answer is here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ion/index.html
    Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 04-09-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
      Isn't there a 'enable collision ingame' option somewhere? If I recall correctly that is.

edit: I did not recall correctly. Check if any default values were changed. Also, did you make the collision in a third party program or UE itself.
      Did you save the asset?

Gotta sleep though, maybe the answer is here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ion/index.html
      Made in the editor and saved. I even checked in the mesh editor to make sure the collision is still there... it is.

And like I said, it works fine with "play from here" in the editor. It's only in game that it doesn't work and it *was working in game too until a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
      X