Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matinee + Blueprint Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Matinee + Blueprint Problem

    I've set up a matinee and Blueprint for my furnace room.

    What's supposed to happen.
    • Push Button
    • Button moves inwards
    • Doors Close
    • Alarm sounds
    • Door makes closing sound
    • Fire turns on
    • Red Light inside room turns on
    • Damage volume comes on inside furnace
    • Smoke comes out of the chimers at the top of the level
    • the whole proses pauses for about 5 seconds or so, giving enough time for the player(s) trapped inside the room to die.
    • Process goes into reverse
    • doors make closing sound
    • Then it resets


    What Actually Happens.
    • Stat Level
    • Flames and damage volume are already set inside room instead of being off
    • Smoke from chimneys is already burning
    • doors close fine
    • door sound comes on when the button is pressed, does not sound again when the doors close (although I have set it to in matinee + it's set to reverse in Blueprint)
    • Alarm only sounds once instead of looping throughout the whole sequence.
    • It pauses for 5 seconds or so
    • doors open
    • fire goes off
    • damage volume goes off
    • the trigger resets


    My question is.

    Why are the flames, smoke and volume already set to the end position when the map starts? The map needs to start with the whole proses reset.

    I'm obliviously missing something in matinee and/or Blueprint. Also, I'm unable to get the sounds to play correctly.

    I've attached screen shots of my Blueprint and matinee + I've included a short vid to show the whole sequence in action.

    I hope that all makes sense? I can't seem to find any tutorials for the sequence I need to set up, it's more like trial and error right now.

    VID:
    https://youtu.be/qionFFF31JU
    Attached Files
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

    Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

    #2
    Try moving the initial keyframe on those tracks a little into the looped area rather than dead on the edge. I'm not sure if this will help but I have noticed that matinee will sometimes ignore keyframes on or before time 0.0

    If you want the alarm to sound repeatedly that is probably something you will have to set in the sound actor itself, not the matinee.

    UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Henrik,

      I've already tried that and everything I can think of, no matter what I do the fire just won't hide until the first use of the trigger. It's driving me crazy!

      Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
      Try moving the initial keyframe on those tracks a little into the looped area rather than dead on the edge. I'm not sure if this will help but I have noticed that matinee will sometimes ignore keyframes on or before time 0.0

      If you want the alarm to sound repeatedly that is probably something you will have to set in the sound actor itself, not the matinee.
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

      Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

      Comment


        #4
        You see, this is using different settings again + ticking the hide actor box on the particle itself. Yet the particle is still visible when you first spawn into the game. Ahhhhh!!! My brain hurts! I'm setting the markers to Hide on 0.0 and show on the last second. I've also tried moving them into the time line more, adding extra hide markers and show markers, It gives me the Green "show" line where it's supposed to show. But it still shows where it's not supposed to show. Oh, and I'm using the visibility track under new empty group and then clicking on particles on the tabs above the time line. The doors, lights and switch are all doing as they are told.


        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

        Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

        Comment


          #5
          Well actually I see the issue here, I think. You have a matinee that is set to only play when triggered, so until then each of those things you want hidden is not going to be unless you have another way of setting them hidden initially.

          Alternative 1 is to have another matinee before the one you have there, which is connected to a level loaded event or level start or whatever. With all the same tracks at least for items which need to be set invisible.

          Alternative 2 is just to set the properties for each thing like fire to be hidden, and the matinee should unhide it at the proper time. This option is likely easiest.

          UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

          Comment


            #6
            Oh, you did set hidden on the particle actor? Hmm, well try it the other way I mentioned then, with a second matinee.

            UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks, I will give that a go and see what happens. Updates to come lol

              Cheers!

              Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              Oh, you did set hidden on the particle actor? Hmm, well try it the other way I mentioned then, with a second matinee.
              Win 10
              iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

              Maps:
              DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
              2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

              Comment


                #8
                Until I work it out I'm just gonna use a movement track on the fire, have the fire come up from the floor. That seems to work.

                Now I just have to work out how to make the damage volume work in there. I've set the damage volume brush to move up into the room at the same time as the doors, but it doesn't seem to be doinbg any damage. It's set to 20 per second. The kill volume works fine when I use it in the same way. But that kills way too fast.
                Win 10
                iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                Maps:
                DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                Comment


                  #9
                  You should be able to select the fire particle effect in the level and disable the "Auto Activate" property, so it's turned off initially. Henrik is right - the Matinee visibility toggle tracks are only going to work when the Matinee starts playing, not before, so you'll need to set everything to default to hidden manually.

                  That said, I'm not sure how much of what goes on in a Matinee actually gets replicated to other players automatically. Once you've got the basics working the way you want, it might be a good idea to play in editor with a second player (use the dropdown next to the play button and increase number of players to 2) and make sure that everything plays out in sync for both players. If it doesn't, it may be a better idea to convert all this over to a Blueprint actor instead so you can get more control over what gets replicated.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks Thomas, I never eve though about it not being in sync with other players.

                    Originally posted by [Epic]Thomas Browett View Post
                    You should be able to select the fire particle effect in the level and disable the "Auto Activate" property, so it's turned off initially. Henrik is right - the Matinee visibility toggle tracks are only going to work when the Matinee starts playing, not before, so you'll need to set everything to default to hidden manually.

                    That said, I'm not sure how much of what goes on in a Matinee actually gets replicated to other players automatically. Once you've got the basics working the way you want, it might be a good idea to play in editor with a second player (use the dropdown next to the play button and increase number of players to 2) and make sure that everything plays out in sync for both players. If it doesn't, it may be a better idea to convert all this over to a Blueprint actor instead so you can get more control over what gets replicated.
                    Win 10
                    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                    Maps:
                    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X