X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
    Awesome, I shall remember to give your service (ok, not redirect :P) a shout whenever I see a new mapper doing their thing
    https://redirect.allnoobs.com/ut4/
    Last edited by zunnie; 05-04-2017, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zunnie View Post
    The database is not meant for redirecting downloads, it is more for map-creators and end-users to download them.

I'm talking to some of our Administrators about a potential near-future redirect. It will maybe allow per-user FTP logins restricted to upload .pak files only which will be available on an end URI like ut.mpforums.com[file.pak] or ut.multiplayerforums.com[file.pak] or something along those lines.
    Probably a max filesize of between 250MB and 500MB.

Stay tuned! And i'll PM you when we are ready
    Awesome, I shall remember to give your service (ok, not redirect :P) a shout whenever I see a new mapper doing their thing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *Out of date info*
    Last edited by zunnie; 05-04-2017, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome, I've informed every mapper I speak to about your redirect (Today is the first time me and many others hear of it)
    If you would like, I'll ask them for criticism and inform you of what they thing
    Thanks again for your help in making UT great again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Zunnie,

Rushbase is gone for good man. Not coming back, so now its a really good time to promote your website. One thing that is a MUST for UT and all map makers really. We need to host our maps on a website where we can reach it directly. I need to be able to click on a link like https://multiplayerforums.com/files/...wsNoEditor.pak and just directly start downloading a pak file. Thats the only way the redirect will work within the game itself. If you can and are providing that service, sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
    Hey zunnie,
    This is a good service to offer for sure, but I have to point out that Rushbase already offers this without the file size limit. A lot of folks have already been using rushbase and it works well so far.
    But it's always a good thing to have multiple resource locations Adds some redundancy.
    Had people also commited their maps to our database, now with rushbase (temporarily?) being down, they would still be available for download :x

Leave a comment:

• replied
    edit: info out of date
    Last edited by zunnie; 04-29-2016, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank YOU too! I approved it a few mins ago so people can download it now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thankyou very much! I just uploaded my map DM-Sacrifice now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've increased the maximum filesize allowed to ~1024MB now. That should cover for most of the maps out there i guess
    Last edited by zunnie; 05-04-2017, 08:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *edit* out of date info *edit*
    Last edited by zunnie; 11-17-2016, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just went over the permissions and they are fine.
    You must goto the category you want to upload for, then at the top right you can click a big button "Upload file".
    Nothing complicated i think?
    It is not straightforward for first time visitors. Had no idea where to go. Nice initiative with your website though. Just needs some visual clarity imo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for submitting your work ChA1NsAw

And we'll have a bbq-parteh another time @ BloodK1nG

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought it was an invitation for a barbecue... such a deception
    Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-20-2015, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
    It took me 10 minutes to see the notification saying I can't upload anything. This website needs some visual clarity abiding the 3 second rule.
    I just went over the permissions and they are fine.
    You must goto the category you want to upload for, then at the top right you can click a big button "Upload file".
    Nothing complicated i think?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X