Bots Not Damaged From Pain Causing Zone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots Not Damaged From Pain Causing Zone

After a whole day of me thinking my pain causing Volume wasn't working, I finaly noticed that bots are not effected by it, but players are. Anyone else notice this? Or is there a secret setting I have to toggle with to get the volume to hurt bots?
    Last edited by effects69; 04-15-2015, 02:07 PM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

BUMP. Anyone have an idea to why this is happening, or not as the case may be.
    Win 10
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

My guess would be that something the UT team has done in programming the bots is responsible for them not registering as a player and thus not receiving pain from volumes... just report it as a bug and wait for it to hopefully be fixed in a week or two.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Another thing you might conceivably be able to do is alter the pain volume itself by making it into a blueprint then playing around with what it can harm.

Comment

The bots get killed just fine by the volumes in DM-DeckTest... are you using the same class?

Comment

I'm using the Pain Causing Volume. It's set in matinee and moves into place when a trigger is activated. I put the trigger on the inside of the room to test it and it killed me just fine. When I push a bot in there and activate the trigger it doesn't do anything to the bot.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I don't even know where to start in the blueprint for this action. I already have a Blueprint set up to get the trigger working with the doors, lights, sounds and moving volume brush.

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              Another thing you might conceivably be able to do is alter the pain volume itself by making it into a blueprint then playing around with what it can harm.
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

It has something to do with it being a movable volume. When the same volume is not attached to the trigger it works fine. But I need the volume to turn on when the trigger is activated. So I set it to a movement track and had it come up through the floor. This obviously isn't doing what I thought it would do.
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Is your volume having that same issue as the particle generators you talked about in your other thread, where simply disabling the volume or hiding it doesn't work?

Comment

you could probably also expose the volume damage variable to matinee and keyframe 0 damage when it's off, then 20 per second when you want it to do damage.

Comment

No. It's moving and resting just fine as I also have it set up in Blueprint. + It kills me just fine after it has moved into place. Check out the vid. I moved the volume outside of the room, it's still triggered and moves up through the floor once the button is pressed. Note how it kills me and not the bot.

Is your volume having that same issue as the particle generators you talked about in your other thread, where simply disabling the volume or hiding it doesn't work?
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I already tried that, it didn't seem to effect anything. :s

you could probably also expose the volume damage variable to matinee and keyframe 0 damage when it's off, then 20 per second when you want it to do damage.
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

didn't affect anything? but the variable did expose correctly to matinee?

Comment

No, it wouldn't change, If set to off it just stayed off, even after ticking on, on the last marker.

didn't affect anything? but the variable did expose correctly to matinee?
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I mean the actual numerical damage variable, not a boolean.

Create a new float track and see if the property you need is there.
                              Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 04-15-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X