No announcement yet.

Bots Not Damaged From Pain Causing Zone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I will give it a go when I get home from work tonight. Cheers!

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    I mean the actual numerical damage variable, not a boolean.

Create a new float track and see if the property you need is there.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I would just load up DM-Decktest and see what the properties for that volume are. Then just compare the differences with your own.

Comment

I even did a cop paste. The zone works fine until I add it to matinee. *** soon as I add it, it only kills players.

Originally posted by 89Supra View Post
        I would just load up DM-Decktest and see what the properties for that volume are. Then just compare the differences with your own.
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

It won't let me add a float track for this actor. :/

I mean the actual numerical damage variable, not a boolean.

Create a new float track and see if the property you need is there.
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Still no joy. It must have something to do with it being in Matinee.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

So it stops working as soon as I add it to a movable track. Float tracks won't except the actor. I'm gonna have some breakfast and go through every singe track and see if anything will work. This thing is driving me insane!
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Since you're not dealing with anything that needs cameras (I assume), have you tried foregoing matinee altogether, and instead using a timeline node? This will also let you keyframe properties on objects... I think...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

No cams. I've never even heard of a timeline node :s Is that an actor?

Since you're not dealing with anything that needs cameras (I assume), have you tried foregoing matinee altogether, and instead using a timeline node? This will also let you keyframe properties on objects... I think...
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

You can find it in the level blueprint.

Read this page: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nes/index.html

Comment

Thanks. I think Blueprint is gonna have to be the way for sure. I just tried this set up which works, apart from the volume is already active when u spawn. I just need to work out a way to make it inactive. After the first trigger it's fine, just like the particle fire problem I had. I've attached my BluePrint screenshot.

And thanks for all the help so far! It's VERY much appreciated

You can find it in the level blueprint.

Read this page: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nes/index.html
                      Attached Files
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere. Without actually going in and looking at things in the editor myself I can't offer an exact suggestion but the answer is in BP for sure, you can alter a lot of stuff during gameplay through some kind of hack or another. If you can't force it inactive, maybe there are other ways like changing the volume class, or something. I'm currently waiting on my new PC before I really dig back into the editor as I think my current laptop is about to go up in smoke, maybe after that if you're still having issues and noone else has spoken up I can help you work it out.

Comment

Thanks Henrik! I'm gonna keep messing with it too see what happens. And I will hit you up on that offer if I can't work it out

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere. Without actually going in and looking at things in the editor myself I can't offer an exact suggestion but the answer is in BP for sure, you can alter a lot of stuff during gameplay through some kind of hack or another. If you can't force it inactive, maybe there are other ways like changing the volume class, or something. I'm currently waiting on my new PC before I really dig back into the editor as I think my current laptop is about to go up in smoke, maybe after that if you're still having issues and noone else has spoken up I can help you work it out.
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I'm sure there must be an Epic team member that would know how to do this.
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

As of now I think I'm gonna give up,. As long as it kills players I guess it will be fine.
                              Last edited by effects69; 04-16-2015, 08:26 PM.
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I've put the map up for layout testing while I work on all the tricky stuff. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...996#post158996
                                Win 10
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                                X