Lights with Glow Effect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights with Glow Effect?

I wanted to know if there's a way to make a light with either a glow or some sort of volumetric effect, visible light like there's some light smoke or fog. I have lights hanging from a ceiling and they would look much better if there was a glow around the bulb. I could fake it by making an emmissive material I suppose, but thought UE4 could easily make this effect.

W.I.P.s
    DM-Containers

You could also play around with Bloom in a post processing volume containing that area.

Comment

Post processing volume is your friend

Comment

A post process volume affects everything on the player's screen though, and it's for when you're inside looking out. I think he wants the opposite, where it glows when you're not inside of the area that should be glowing itself.

Comment

I ended up faking it. I put a material with an emissive element on the light bulb and inside the light. I then added an light just beneath the static mesh so it would appear to be projecting light.

W.I.P.s
          DM-Containers

Comment

You might be able to get a bit more mileage with an emitter of some kind, either a bright fog effect with a high intensity light inside of it or just modifying the emitters that Epic used as coronas on the lights in Outpost23.

Comment

Working...
            X