Where to put my own files ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EisWiesel View Post
    Hi, I asked this myself some time ago and the most recent official map making tutorial ( https://learn.unrealtournament.com/t...map01-gameplay ) tells to put maps into /Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/... in order to have the map available at the game menus...

I agree that "RestrictedAssets" is just a temporary location for those files and I hope they have a clean and intuitive directorystructure later but the question is where to put currently a map and its content in order to run it on a server without causing trouble for others who have to install the map

Has anyone successfully ran a server with a custommap and own content located in Content/Maps/ ?
    Yes, as a custom server manager/operator I have seen the various community maps In all kinds of places and I have no problem getting them to work online! ... redirect and all!
    ... the only problem that I have ran into is when an mapper make changes and (up until now) was not changing his map version/name!

that is exactly how I learned and that is where my maps will continue to fall into until they force me to change that location!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Alright, thanks a lot I moved mine into Content/Maps and created a directory the way Chrissx2 mentioned.

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
      ... the only problem that I have ran into is when an mapper make changes and (up until now) was not changing his map version/name!
      Hehe, yea this problem existed with all series of UT and some mappers still don't get it would be a nice feature if UE4 could detect the difference and asks to overwrite local files instead of a version mismatch.. But mappers should definitely take care themself
      :: My UT3 maps :: German UT3 mapping tutorials :: UT Art :: current UT4 map WIP ::

Comment

Working...
      X