Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggressive Warriors Community Playground Hub!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
    fingers crossed its because its over 100mb and not a bug with the map, if it is a bug with the map ill be in the far corner crying
    I will try again after the next patch for sure!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

There is a bug with redirects that is time-based, after 60 seconds the download will be cancelled.

this 60 seconds is universal, if you have a connection that downloads at 1KB/s, your maximum map size is 60KB, if you download at 1GB/s, your maximum map is 60GB.

There are ways to work around it but it requires significant effort to do so.

Next build modhubs will likely have every map running on them in a custom map ruleset, globally (within reason)

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
        There is a bug with redirects that is time-based, after 60 seconds the download will be cancelled.

this 60 seconds is universal, if you have a connection that downloads at 1KB/s, your maximum map size is 60KB, if you download at 1GB/s, your maximum map is 60GB.

There are ways to work around it but it requires significant effort to do so.

Next build modhubs will likely have every map running on them in a custom map ruleset, globally (within reason)
        Thank you for the replay! ... I was going to see/look into the game/engine file to see if you can increase a timeout setting or something along those lines connected to download/redirect!

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
          Since we currently have just the one server we are offering we would like to keep it a DM (Deathmatch) server but would be willing to change it for a quick test run of a CTF then switch it back!
          How about hosting it as a HUB server? Then you'd have an in-game chatroom and you could host DM, CTF, and even DOMination maps all at once.
          Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 04-25-2015, 03:47 AM.
          UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
            How about hosting it as a HUB server? Then you'd have an in-game chatroom and you could host DM, CTF, and even DOMination maps all at once.

Maybe someday but not now as there are no good tuts on this subject yet!

Comment

Hey, I have a Beta version of my non-traditional map DM-Containers. It's virtually all meshes, mostly made by me. It's pretty fun even with bots, minus the fact that the bots sometimes get stuck under the lifts. Would love to have some feedback. Here's a dropbox link. How would I find it online once it's hosted?

What about any .ini files or screen shots?

Thanks.

DM-Containers

P.S. I just noticed it exported with a lighting issue on one wall. Not sure what's going on there, but I'll try to fix it and updated the link ASAP.
              Last edited by BigAl3D; 04-27-2015, 08:23 AM.

W.I.P.s
              DM-Containers

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl3D View Post
                Hey, I have a Beta version of my non-traditional map DM-Containers. It's virtually all meshes, mostly made by me. It's pretty fun even with bots, minus the fact that the bots sometimes get stuck under the lifts. Would love to have some feedback. Here's a dropbox link. How would I find it online once it's hosted?

What about any .ini files or screen shots?

Thanks.

DM-Containers

P.S. I just noticed it exported with a lighting issue on one wall. Not sure what's going on there, but I'll try to fix it and updated the link ASAP.
                ok, just tested this on my home server and all is good! ... I like your theme and looks to be some intense fragging with a good crowd!

Adding it to the Community Map Test Server and you can find the server details above in the OP (server name/ip)!

I like the suggestion of adding a screen shot of the maps that are on so I will do that later today as I think would be a good thing!

Comment

Cool thanks. I forgot to build the map before compiling the .pak file. I left it cooking this morning and should have a new one with a properly lit wall when I get home.

W.I.P.s
                  DM-Containers

Comment

Cool thanks. I forgot to build the map before compiling the .pak file. I left it cooking this morning and should have a new one with a properly lit wall when I get home.

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for it and swap it out for you!

Comment

I think DM-Morpheus_v8 is ready for scrutiny if you'll have it!

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!

~Rich
                      Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

DM-Containers has been fixed.

W.I.P.s
                        DM-Containers

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
                          I think DM-Morpheus_v8 is ready for scrutiny if you'll have it!

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!

~Rich
                          DL now....will get her up and running in no time!

I did notice that when jumping in to take a screen shot of the map! ... I also noticed that you had 3 flaks and no shock? not sure if by design but FYI for you!

Comment

Forgot to ask...

- Is there a place where your clan talks about the maps, and would they consider leaving feedback in these forums?
                            - Is there a specific time when everybody likes to play?

Thanks Again!
                            Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
                              Forgot to ask...

- Is there a place where your clan talks about the maps, and would they consider leaving feedback in these forums?
                              - Is there a specific time when everybody likes to play?

Thanks Again!
                              Map is up and running when I jumped in to test redirect (worked just fine) .... I ran around and played with the bots some to check it out! I will link your thread at the top of this thread with the list of the current maps running and jump over and give you my first impressions of the map!

as far as my clan goes we mostly play IG on our other server but we have some that jump in on the Reg. Weapons if no one is on the other! Our website/Forums are listed in the OP and your welcome to post your map there too if you like!

This was designed for these forums and the community who comes here regularly to know that there is a Server Dedicated for hosting community built maps/levels so they could play them online and for the map authors can test out various features they are trying to do and see if they work on online as they designed In the editor because we all know that things not always work/play the same online as in the editor!

Comment

DM-Containers has been fixed.
                                ...that one wall still looks to be lit up the same ????

Comment

Working...
                                X