Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION How To Share A Map So Others Can Edit It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTION How To Share A Map So Others Can Edit It?

What is the best way to save and share a map so others can edit it? I'm guessing you can't edit a Pak file and it has to be a umap file?
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

You can zip/rar the folder here: ..\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Saved\Cooked\DM-MAP_NAME\WindowsNoEditor\UnrealTournament
    ..I believe.

You wanna include the contents which should include the assets like textures, etc.. If you only send your buddy the .umap, he'll be able to open the map but all the textures will revert back to default.
    ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
    CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
    , Twitch

Comment

Thanks Trinatek

Originally posted by Trinatek View Post
      You can zip/rar the folder here: ..\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Saved\Cooked\DM-MAP_NAME\WindowsNoEditor\UnrealTournament
      ..I believe.

You wanna include the contents which should include the assets like textures, etc.. If you only send your buddy the .umap, he'll be able to open the map but all the textures will revert back to default.
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Working...
      X