HELP - Trigger Box Not Effected By All Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Trigger Box Not Effected By All Weapons

My trigger box is only effected by players and certain weapons. How do I make it so that all weapons can trigger it, and in both Primary and alternate fire modes? If my map is played with the Insta mutator no one will be able to shoot my trigger. I'm guessing it's in the collision settings somewhere? I have all set to overlap.

I've attached a JPG of my collision settings.

Attached Files
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Is there a way to do this without having to figure out how to make an event in Blueprint?
    Win 10
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Hitscan shots like Shock primary or Enforcer bullets can't overlap objects because they're instant - they either hit and are blocked by something, or they ignore it. If you set your trigger volume's collision responses to block everything, you can make a "On Take Point Damage" event for it that should trigger when the volume is shot. I gave a basic example of how to do this and associate it with a trap here: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...nCausingVolume

For an in-editor example you might want to try looking at DM-Vortex. In that map there's a button mesh that you can either shoot or bump into to activate the trap, and the player who activated the trap gets the kill credit when someone dies to it. Most of the logic for that is in the level Blueprint, which might not be the ideal place for it, but it's probably the easiest if you want to keep things simple.

That said, I think Flak shards and Bio goo still won't register on damage triggers currently because they behave a little differently, but that may get fixed at some point.

Let me know if you need more guidance with this. Given how often these questions are coming up, I'm tempted to create a trap Blueprint example map with a bunch of examples for people.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Thomas An example map would be great! I've already been looking at Vortex and trying to figure out how to apply the Blueprint to my map. I basically have a room with a door and a button on the outside. If a player is in the room and the button is pressed, the door shuts and they die from radioactivity, as well as various other triggers going off inside the room. ( I started this before Vortex was even released) I've attached the post with said map and attached a vid so you can see the trap in action. Trap is about 1:02 into the video. So far the Flak, the impact hammer and the bio rifle can all trigger the switch.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...DM-RadioActive

Originally posted by [Epic]Thomas Browett View Post
        Hitscan shots like Shock primary or Enforcer bullets can't overlap objects because they're instant - they either hit and are blocked by something, or they ignore it. If you set your trigger volume's collision responses to block everything, you can make a "On Take Point Damage" event for it that should trigger when the volume is shot. I gave a basic example of how to do this and associate it with a trap here: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...nCausingVolume

For an in-editor example you might want to try looking at DM-Vortex. In that map there's a button mesh that you can either shoot or bump into to activate the trap, and the player who activated the trap gets the kill credit when someone dies to it. Most of the logic for that is in the level Blueprint, which might not be the ideal place for it, but it's probably the easiest if you want to keep things simple.

That said, I think Flak shards and Bio goo still won't register on damage triggers currently because they behave a little differently, but that may get fixed at some point.

Let me know if you need more guidance with this. Given how often these questions are coming up, I'm tempted to create a trap Blueprint example map with a bunch of examples for people.
        Last edited by effects69; 04-27-2015, 05:14 PM.
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I kinda worked out how to get the triggered sounds in the room when the box trigger is pressed. I just don't know how to add the PainVolume into the equation, as well as it reward the player that hit the trigger with a kill.
          Attached Files
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

You cant use PainVolume you need to use triggers

eg.
            I made the button into a blue print
            with the following set up

Then with the trigger on any damage you link it like this (I Have four button triggers)

They will trigger you network events

And finally you set up your kill box trigger like this

This will work over network play
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Venguard; 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM.
            Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
            Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
            Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

Post Above might help a lot other people making triggers in maps for network play should i make a new post?? It would of saved me about 8hrs of research
              Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack

Comment

That looks so confusing.
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                  That looks so confusing.
                  I know, DM-Vortex is what I learned from, maybe check that out

Comment

Yeah I've been checking it out too.

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
                    I know, DM-Vortex is what I learned from, maybe check that out
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I have no idea how you worked that all out. I'm taking a look now at the trap in my map and can't get my head around it at all :s

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
                      You cant use PainVolume you need to use triggers

eg.
                      I made the button into a blue print
                      with the following set up

Then with the trigger on any damage you link it like this (I Have four button triggers)

They will trigger you network events

And finally you set up your kill box trigger like this

This will work over network play
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

This is the reason i pulled the hand break on making maps.
                        No one could tell me how to make a simple door open from shooting it, i tried everything people said. I did manage to get door to open randomly after shooting it 20 times with every weapon on the 500th shot. ill revisit it and finish maps when all the bugs are ironed out.
                        Join the community Facebook page
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I can get doors to trigger just fine using matinee, But BluePrint is messing with my head. I can't even find the right BluePrint nodes that I need to set to each actor. I think I need a step by step video tutorial to set up a triggered kill volume in order to get it, I need "mass" something more physical like a video. I have watched all the vids suggested to me, but I still can't work out how to apply it to my kill volumes :/ I think I must have been dropped on my head as a child.

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                          This is the reason i pulled the hand break on making maps.
                          No one could tell me how to make a simple door open from shooting it, i tried everything people said. I did manage to get door to open randomly after shooting it 20 times with every weapon on the 500th shot. ill revisit it and finish maps when all the bugs are ironed out.
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

yeah matinee is the easy part its the blueprints that dont work properly
                            Join the community Facebook page
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I have no idea if it has bugs or not, I think I just don't understand what I'm doing in BluePrint yet :/

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                              yeah matinee is the easy part its the blueprints that dont work properly
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                              X