Bizarre Rendering issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre Rendering issue

I'm working with some other map developers who are providing me maps. When I load the maps, either in editor or as a cooked map, I see the following rendering "issues".

Any ideas what can cause this? It seems to run fine for the others. They are using NVIDIA gfx cards and I use an ATI 6950 (assuming that matters). FWIW I've noticed that some box brushes appear to cause the problem but can't figure out what exactly about them is the root cause. Any ideas welcome.

It looks like graphics card artifacting. First thing I would do is check your GPU temps.

Could definitely be something else, but that's what it looks like at first blush.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, it's not that. Could certainly be a texture issue or some sort of shader issue. I do know that these maps are using the GTFree Materials. I guess I'll find out when I install an NVIDIA card in the same box soon.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalmonks View Post
        FWIW I've noticed that some box brushes appear to cause the problem but can't figure out what exactly about them is the root cause. Any ideas welcome.
        Sounds a lot like the good old "copied brush" bug(s). Solution don't use copied brushes and replace all the problem brushes with new brushes made from scratch. Try replacing one brush and rebuild, if it fixes that brush, then do the others too.

Comment

BSP error. Probably. How are you editing your brushes?

Comment

Working...
          X