How to Launch the Game without the Unreal Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Launch the Game without the Unreal Launcher

I'm looking for a way to launch the game without having to go through the Unreal Launcher. The computers at our school have the launcher installed on a drive that gets cleaned daily and loses the directory location of the Game project files. So every time someone comes to launch the game... it says it hasn't been installed. The game files have already been installed onto another drive and I don't want to download the files again every time.

Create a shortcut with the following: "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4-Win64-Test.exe" unrealtournament

Enclose the location in quotes and then append the project name after it as such; in this case, adding the unrealtournament makes it launch UT, assuming that is what you're trying to do.

Comment

How do you do it for the editor?
      Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
        How do you do it for the editor?

Srsly. I would like to know.
        Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

I would tell you if I knew, but I don't. I would guess the same way as the game, except substitute editor or unrealed or something where unrealtournament goes in the shortcut, but I haven't tried that.

Comment

UE4Editor.exe UnrealTournament

Search your system for ue4editor.exe and link it up.

Comment

I am having issue with launcher not launching the game. It keeps saying "busy" then "running" then "busy" again and nothing happens. It was working fine for a solid 2 weeks prior to this. Also, when i copy and paste this - "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4-Win64-Test.exe" into my new shortcut destination I get this:

Can anyone please help me get the game back up and running?
              Attached Files

Comment

Use the appropriate paths for your own system, ie find that EXE in windows explorer first then change the path to match it.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I apologize if this was posted twice due to the fact that i replied from email as well...

I'm very sorry if this sounds like
                  i
                  am completely computer illiterate but
                  what exactly do you want me to try? As in step by step. I really appreciate
                  your response and look forward to trying this new method. Thank you in
                  advance for your reply,

Also, what are your thoughts on a COMPLETE deletion of the game and the
                  launcher and then redownloading it again? Do you think there is a chance at
                  all that this could solve my issue??

Comment

i cant do it

Comment

Working...
                    X