Team Blocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Blocking

Is there a way to have a custom trigger or blocking volume that can trigger depending on what team you are on??
    eg.

Team Blue hits a button
    Team Blue control mid area door short cut that now only open for team blue and not red
    Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
    Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
    Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

NATO had this tutorial BP that he wrote several months ago that you can look at as a base for doing this.
    Basically, what you need to do is check team of the instigator and store that so that you can use it to gate all the other functions that follow (very crude description)
    Read through NATO's tutorial then you can modify based on exactly what you want to do.
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

Comment

Thanks, going to have a great time getting this to work but i will prevail!!
      Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack

Comment

I haven't seen NATO's work but I created my own way of doing this. It involved creating custom collision profiles (Red, Blue) and assigning it to each player at the start of a match. Then a BP could change the collision of a specific mesh in real time to block or ignore whichever team.

This way worked for me because I experimented with a trigger that was activated by one team to dynamically change collision on certain meshes. This way they could reach higher areas, shortcuts, etc. The other team could activate the same trigger for themselves. It was TDM with a king of the hill feel. I didn't get far with it, but it seemed like it would produce an interesting gameplay experience. I can document it if anyone is interested.
        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
          I haven't seen NATO's work but I created my own way of doing this. It involved creating custom collision profiles (Red, Blue) and assigning it to each player at the start of a match. Then a BP could change the collision of a specific mesh in real time to block or ignore whichever team.

This way worked for me because I experimented with a trigger that was activated by one team to dynamically change collision on certain meshes. This way they could reach higher areas, shortcuts, etc. The other team could activate the same trigger for themselves. It was TDM with a king of the hill feel. I didn't get far with it, but it seemed like it would produce an interesting gameplay experience. I can document it if anyone is interested.
          I Was wondering if I could use this to make a new game mode, "Flag run", if you edit the flag blue print to have a blocking volume around it so Red team cant return there flag or blue cant return there flag (expect for the timer), so blue flag spawns in Red base and Red flag spawns in blue base , the idea is to Basically reverse capture the flag but with no return, this would put a lot of emphasis and protecting your flag for the timer to make it return but also pushing your flag further to cap it. I feel this would kind of give it an assault type feel to the game play. Unless there is a way to just edit the flags to disallow returns and make it all easy for me

Comment

Working...
          X