How to create half a circle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create half a circle?

I want to create a circle cut in half like this without errors: http://i.imgur.com/obiwomG.jpg

A general advise to avoid BSP holes is to stick the vertices of a brush to the grid.
    Try going to edit mode (shift+5), selecting vertices in a 2D viewport and rightclicking on them. They should shift to the nearest gridpoint.
    Maps: [UT4] DM-1on1-Electro HurtDM-UT4TOURNEY | [UT3] DM-1on1-Phosphor | [UT2k3] BR-Egypt (RIP) | [UT] DM-1on1-Phosphor

Comment

Best way to create a semi circle in BSP is to use the Brush Clip too to slice it in half. Sometimes it'll create a hole like you showed; if this happens you can use the create tool too add the face back in. Select each vertex of the face you want to create in a clockwise pattern then press create. You can see a few more tricks in my BSP tutorial

Comment

Try the clip in open space, with out any other geometry around.

I'm curious if that would avoid a BSP hole. :/
        Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

One could take a box brush and vertex edit it into a concave arch, using a cylinder as a guide. That way you can use an additive brush instead of a subtractive one.

Originally posted by waffl3head View Post
          A general advise to avoid BSP holes is to stick the vertices of a brush to the grid.
          Try going to edit mode (shift+5), selecting vertices in a 2D viewport and rightclicking on them. They should shift to the nearest gridpoint.
          There is also a button to 'Align Vertices to Grid', in the brush's details. Sadly it can't be hotkeyed.

Comment

Working...
          X