Converting UT3 maps to current UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting UT3 maps to current UT

I searched for a while but no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction please? I have a custom UT3 map I would like to convert to the newest UT. Any links to info or a post I could not find would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

What map is it, and are you just going to convert it or are you going to do some design/change with it?

I ask, because I might be able to help get you going. =)
    Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

This should get you started: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Converting_UT_Maps
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Its called LoVeShAcK, it was a UT 99 map that a buddy and myself converted to UT3. Not sure who the original designer was but it was not me. Just started getting into UT4 and thought it could be converted. The more I read the more I think I should just do it from scratch. Don't have much experience in mapping but willing to learn. Sorry for the late reply, work has been killing me the last couple of months.

Comment

What about a UT3 map that's 100% static meshes from in-game content? I made a Quake-style space jump map that never saw the light of day since it's such a pain to package stuff compared to UT4. Actually, I made a couple of maps for Ut# with only in-game static meshes.
          Last edited by BigAl3D; 08-08-2015, 11:13 PM.

W.I.P.s
          DM-Containers

Comment

Map Conversion

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
            What map is it, and are you just going to convert it or are you going to do some design/change with it?

I ask, because I might be able to help get you going. =)

Could you convert some maps for me, from UT2003 to UE4.14 please?

Comment

Originally posted by From_Behind View Post
              Its called LoVeShAcK, it was a UT 99 map that a buddy and myself converted to UT3. Not sure who the original designer was but it was not me. Just started getting into UT4 and thought it could be converted. The more I read the more I think I should just do it from scratch. Don't have much experience in mapping but willing to learn. Sorry for the late reply, work has been killing me the last couple of months.
              I did that map for someone. Pm me and I'll dig out the umap for you.
              Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl3D View Post
                What about a UT3 map that's 100% static meshes from in-game content? I made a Quake-style space jump map that never saw the light of day since it's such a pain to package stuff compared to UT4. Actually, I made a couple of maps for Ut# with only in-game static meshes.
                100% static mesh maps are fine to convert.
                Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                X