[Request] Forest Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Forest Map

As simple as the title says, in all shooters I miss a really deep atmospheric forest map and I would love to have one in Ut, with dense trees and bushes in some places so you could hide and sneak up on somebody and little swamp areas. Some might say that this isnt the gameplay like it should be but to me it would be alot of fun. So this should be a custom/workshop Map or if an official map have it mixed up, have the sneaky areas with high density but also some glades with rocks at a side you can walk up to with a weapon pickup for example. Have some Trails here and there and little buildings at places.
    Last edited by Cafijn; 06-05-2015, 02:27 PM.

I think it can work. UT2003/4 had Tokara Forest, Primeval, and plenty of other forest type maps. And they were among my favorites.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Indeedy, well put.
      I still spend a lot of time in Creavions UT99 jungle maps because of the attention to details and variety of recognisable locations.
      Many seem to slap a load of samey trees on a generic landscape with buildings.
      I always said he could have got good money as a designer of parks and gardens. Shame he dropped mapping
      Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

What I liked most about shooters was when you had no radar and the whole game was a hide and seek game. I remember my first lan when we played cod on a small forest/swamp map with bunkers on each side and a deer stand you could climb up somewhere in the middle. That was so much fun, trying to outsmart the opponent, searching for them, looking if you spot anything moving and then suprising them. And in case you got suprised you could watch the deatchcam and be like "Aaah that's where he came from".

Comment

Also in the map there shoud be some mountains with little walkways up and have vertical gameplay. That would also bring up the aspect of exploring, when you see a distant spot of the map and you think how you can get to there.
          Last edited by Cafijn; 06-08-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Tokara Forest was one of my favorite maps too, was oozing atmosphere!

Comment

Yup I made a CTF map I think for ut2003, can't recall for sure, but I called it moonlight, somewhat like Face but I had trees in between the buildings and it was a night setting. The trees help cut down on trans locator spamming as well. Would sort of like to make it again at some point but right now the game/editor is just to early in development to waste my time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelman123 View Post
                Yup I made a CTF map I think for ut2003, can't recall for sure, but I called it moonlight, somewhat like Face but I had trees in between the buildings and it was a night setting. The trees help cut down on trans locator spamming as well. Would sort of like to make it again at some point but right now the game/editor is just to early in development to waste my time on it.
                What?! The game editor is probably as is right now, the best UT editor that Epic has ever released. Im not sure what else you want the editor to do for that would not make it a waste of your time. You dont even need to use the UTEditor which is just a UT themed UE, you can get UE4.9 for the low low cost of free and use that.
                PayBack

Comment

Working...
                X