UT4 Converter - 0.8.9 - [01/08/2017]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post

3: IF I am not converting a pre-UT3 map, why is the convertor informing me of a "UCC.EXE ERROR" when it is not using it to convert?

4: Same question: why is it telling me there is an error when it should not be using UCC.EXE and instead reading information from the XXX.T3D file I manually created.

5: Is it that the command fails, or are there other more reaching and varied reasons for the failure message to appear?
    3/4 - ucc.exe is not used only for .t3d export it might be also used to get some textures (.tga) files for terrain for exemple
    5: one of possible reason is that a linked package (file) is not present (e.g: some staticmesh package (.usx) linked to a level package (.unr/ut2/3) otherwise this program is not always stable and for some packages it fails to export all resources.
    In that case ask Epic .

Originally posted by kevincrans View Post
    Ϣίητεѓ, thanks for fixing the bug I posted and very quick to!

However, I don't know if you are already aware of it,

or that I require the 227I patch installed, instead of the 227H,

but I seem to get a lot of bsp holes in Vortex2 and other maps of Unreal Gold.

Are you able to fix this or do you know what I'm doing wrong?
    I had tried the first Unreal 1 map as well few months ago (because would love Unreal 1 ported on UT4 )
    and had the same problem. This is due because the converter does not handle yet some property called "SheerAxis" in brush properties for a very few brushes (like 1-5%) which no longer exists in UE4/UT4.
    That's why some brushes are misplaced thus maybe generating some bsp holes.
    It seems like it translates/mirror the brush relative to some specific axis.
    I've ever worked a couple of hours on this and haven't found yet the formula to get the brush correctly converted.

Note 1: there might be also bsp holes because of some brushes with "flat" shapes which are not well supported by UE4. Converter does remove most of them (like sheet brush for water surface)
    but more complex ones are not. (e.g: "Mover6" in AS-Rook (UT99), you will see that some edges are 'flat' (no volume). Detecting them and remove them can take some significant amount of time.
    Generally these brushes are close from bsp holes. Click image for larger version  Name:	BspHoleFlatBrush.png Views:	1 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	391913

Note 2: as for the sheeraxis conversion thingy there might be a way to bypass it. Open your map in U1 editor select all actors -> copy -> new map -> paste -> then save (as .unr) but you may lost embeded textures in map file.
    I tested with vertex, there are less bsp holes but still some ..

Edit:
    Removing these brushes seems to make the bsp holes in vortex2 gone away. Click image for larger version  Name:	Vortex2BspHoles.png Views:	1 Size:	374.8 KB ID:	391914
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Vortex2BspHoleBrush887.png Views:	3 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	391918
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ШιητεЯ; 08-06-2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Still not working...I am doing nothing wrong that I can see at all. Every so often I reinstall everything, from Epic games to Visual C++ packs to nconvert to umodel to whatever you want, and it just does not work for me any longer and I can not use this tool.
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

• This is so much needed.
        Hopefully you guys have not forgotten this beautiful project.

DM-JumpFever
        DM-SmallMountain
        DM-ViridianTourneySE
        DM-Compulsive
        DM-MokumX
        DM-Deck15

and soo on

Comment

• Originally posted by iSenSe` View Post
          This is so much needed.

DM-JumpFever
          DM-SmallMountain
          DM-ViridianTourneySE
          DM-Compulsive
          DM-MokumX
          DM-Deck15

and soo on
          DM-Viridian -> https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/109-DM-Viridian

I haven't seen any of the other maps you've mentioned though
          WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
          Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

• Originally posted by barsam2a View Post

DM-Viridian -> https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/109-DM-Viridian

I haven't seen any of the other maps you've mentioned though
            Thanks.
            Got Viridian, need SE

Comment

Thanks.
              Got Viridian, need SE
              Haha, ok
              WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
              Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

This is so much needed.

DM-JumpFever
                DM-SmallMountain
                DM-ViridianTourneySE
                DM-Compulsive
                DM-MokumX
                DM-Deck15

and soo on
                I remade Jumpfever, Smallmountain & CTF-F_RIFK and they are on isense's server. i will add downloadlinks later.

Comment

• hi guys
                  im back life got in the way for my maps to get finished sogoing to edit my maps again then saw that the DEV's took \ disabled the import options for importing .ted files ive found a way that works great and will create a tutorial asp for all of you guys that want classic maps or your won maps to be in ut4, will post it in the UT4 Learning Level Design sectoin
                  My Levels \ maps
                  [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                  [
                  Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                  Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                  [
                  OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

• ok guys here it is hope the dev's done mind this topic of mine

How to import t3d Files after the Update - 1/2018

Last edited by NCC24656; 01-06-2018, 02:02 PM.
                    My Levels \ maps
                    [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                    [
                    Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                    Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                    [
                    OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

• Dear Ϣίητεѓ,

Sorry for my late response.

Thanks for your reply and I tried what you said, just deleting the bsp-hole causing bsp-brush and it worked,

however deleting them would be rough, because they belong to the game, especially when you want to delete all those of Nali-Castle because you are making a big change to the game then.

...And it would be a lot of work(really check this map out).

I am just asking, can you make the Converter make these Bsp hole causing geometry the smallest thickness above flat that would not generate bsp-holes, or does that not come out with the vertexes?

I would also like Unreal Gold and some other unreal 1 games to be ported to UE4 to, so I would be really happy if you can fix this.

Again, I want to thank you for your attention!

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
                      Last edited by kevincrans; 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Hello kevincrans,
                        unfortunately as long as these bsp "flat" brushes does exit, bsp holes will remain.
                        However converting them to staticmeshes does not cause bsp holes so you might give a try.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                        X