No announcement yet.

UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, hope someone can help with a Blender issue. I downloaded and installed Blender and updated the io_import_scene_unreal_psa_psk.py file as instructed. Also turned on the Import-Export: Export Unreal Engine format addon in user preferences. The issue is there is no File-->Import-->Skeleton Mesh (.psk) option. There is, however, a File-->Export-->FBX (.fbx) option. I am unable to import as there is no choice to import .psk files. Help please!! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by From_Behind View Post
      Hi All, hope someone can help with a Blender issue. I downloaded and installed Blender and updated the io_import_scene_unreal_psa_psk.py file as instructed. Also turned on the Import-Export: Export Unreal Engine format addon in user preferences. The issue is there is no File-->Import-->Skeleton Mesh (.psk) option. There is, however, a File-->Export-->FBX (.fbx) option. I am unable to import as there is no choice to import .psk files. Help please!! Thanks!!
      Use UDK as I outlined several times in this thread and bulk import, then bulk export to FBX, then conform to 2013 FBX using the Autodesk convertor.

It's faster like that.
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Thank you very much for this program.
        UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

new 0.8.5 version!:
          * u1/u2/ut2003/ut2004: blender manual conversion one by one of each staticmeshes is no longer needed.
          Now only need to import all .obj converted staticmeshes files within the UE4 editor

That will save a lot of time at converting meshes ! (before converting one by one them via blender was needed)

Comment

"Full export for XXXXXXX.ut3 failed with ucc.exe batchexport"
            "File persistentlevel.t3d does not exist"

I can't seem to side-step this problem in UT3

Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
              "Full export for XXXXXXX.ut3 failed with ucc.exe batchexport"
              "File persistentlevel.t3d does not exist"

I can't seem to side-step this problem in UT3
              which map you trying to convert?

Comment

Originally posted by Ϣίητεѓ View Post

which map you trying to convert?
                Hi Winter!

Oh, it's one of the UOF Low Poly maps:

http://unrealcarnage.com/uof-low-pol...v1-1-released/

I'm sure I just need to re-start something in the steam folder, or verify the install of something.

Java, umodel, nconvert & official untampered versions only, nothing out of the ordinary, but am running checks this morning...

ninja edit: I've converted this map many times before.
                Last edited by Mitch Mitchell; 07-29-2017, 05:27 AM.
                Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Hi Winter!

Oh, it's one of the UOF Low Poly maps:

http://unrealcarnage.com/uof-low-pol...v1-1-released/

I'm sure I just need to re-start something in the steam folder, or verify the install of something.

Java, umodel, nconvert & official untampered versions only, nothing out of the ordinary, but am running checks this morning...

ninja edit: I've converted this map many times before.
                  Hello Mitch,
                  well i've tested right now without any particular problem on Atori map.
                  You prob have indeed something wrong either UT3 or something else.

Comment

I got a substraction-problem while converting DM-Peak of UT99. Near and in the elevators of this map.
                    The brush is not correctly substracted, since version 0.8.4.
                    I only could upload 2 of the 4 screenshots..
                    Would you pleas fix this for the next version?
                    Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi Winter,

If you could explain to me what these error messages mean, perhaps I can lock down the problem, because I cannot figure why after:

1: uninstalling UT3 completely, taking care to delete the folders Epic add to my "mygames" folder is also deleted.
                      2: RE-installing UT3, VERIFYING the installation via Steam, taking care to ensure all binaries are installed, and UE3 batches for installation have completed.
                      3: Installing the appropriate JAVA, UMODEL and NCONVERT files as of today's date

It will not work and tells me two key points:

UCC.EXE fails
                      PERSISTENTLEVEL.T3D is missing

What do these two critical RED errors actually mean?

Thanks again,
                      Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by kevincrans View Post
                        I got a substraction-problem while converting DM-Peak of UT99. Near and in the elevators of this map.
                        The brush is not correctly substracted, since version 0.8.4.
                        I only could upload 2 of the 4 screenshots..
                        Would you pleas fix this for the next version?
                        Thank you in advance!
                        You are right! It's been fixed now with new 0.8.9 version. I re-tested DM-Peak, seems ok now.

It will not work and tells me two key points:

UCC.EXE fails
                        PERSISTENTLEVEL.T3D is missing

What do these two critical RED errors actually mean?

Thanks again,
                        Which map? (precisely) The converter relies on "UT3.com" program to export level as .t3d file. Sometimes this program does not export correctly or crashes and in that case
                        the converter can't do more. You may try converting the map from a .t3d file (copy/paste within UT3 editor) instead of .ut3 file but it won't convert embedded resources that might be in .ut3 file.

Comment

Which map? (precisely) The converter relies on "UT3.com" program to export level as .t3d file. Sometimes this program does not export correctly or crashes and in that case
                          the converter can't do more. You may try converting the map from a .t3d file (copy/paste within UT3 editor) instead of .ut3 file but it won't convert embedded resources that might be in .ut3 file.
                          Perhaps I may ask another question: does the location of the *.T3D file matter at all?

The reason I ask this, is because whenever I attempt a conversion, the directory it immediately offers me is not the location of the *.T3D file.

Further clarification - I have always selected everything from the UT3 Editor, copied it, and pasted into a new notepad++ file, and saved not as a text file, but a generic file, with the suffix of T3D - has this process changed at all; should I now be saving it as a text file, but with a T3D suffix?

Racking my brains here trying to figure out why this doesn't work, but cannot fix this problem...these two errors halt the process before it has been able to export anything.

Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Perhaps I may ask another question: does the location of the *.T3D file matter at all?
                            The reason I ask this, is because whenever I attempt a conversion, the directory it immediately offers me is not the location of the *.T3D file.
                            The .t3d location does not matter at all. Which directory you talking about? The one that is auto selected when selecting map or the one that pops after conversion ends?
                            For first one it's always the UT3/Cooked folder and for second one always <UT3Converter>/Converted/<MapName>

Further clarification - I have always selected everything from the UT3 Editor, copied it, and pasted into a new notepad++ file, and saved not as a text file, but a generic file, with the suffix of T3D - has this process changed at all; should I now be saving it as a text file, but with a T3D suffix?

Racking my brains here trying to figure out why this doesn't work, but cannot fix this problem...these two errors halt the process before it has been able to export anything.
                            .t3d file is the base file UT4 converter needs to parse used brushes and actors (staticmeshes, lights, ...).
                            .t3d file can be either retrieved via ut3.com (for UT3) or ucc.exe (for older UTs) "batchexport" command OR when copying/pasting all level in UT3 editor to some text editor.

Unlike ucc.exe from previous UTs, since the unreal engine 3 version at this time was kinda in beta/alpha stage, the ut3.com program does export brushes (and other stuff) but they are not ordered correctly ... UNLIKE copy/pasting actors from ut3 editor to some new .t3d file.
                            That's why UT3 conversion needs the "manual" .t3d file (copy/paste from UT3 editor) to order correctly the brushes.
                            Sometimes ut3.com fails (crashes) at exporting level to .t3d that's why "manual" .t3d file is needed for you but since it also needs to sort correctly brushes (for UT3 only) it needs another .t3d which is your case is the same one.

Comment

1: The .t3d location does not matter at all. Which directory you talking about? The one that is auto selected when selecting map or the one that pops after conversion ends?
                              For first one it's always the UT3/Cooked folder and for second one always <UT3Converter>/Converted/<MapName>

2: .t3d file is the base file UT4 converter needs to parse used brushes and actors (staticmeshes, lights, ...).

3: .t3d file can be either retrieved via ut3.com (for UT3) or ucc.exe (for older UTs) "batchexport" command OR when copying/pasting all level in UT3 editor to some text editor.

4: Unlike ucc.exe from previous UTs, since the unreal engine 3 version at this time was kinda in beta/alpha stage, the ut3.com program does export brushes (and other stuff) but they are not ordered correctly ... UNLIKE copy/pasting actors from ut3 editor to some new .t3d file.
                              That's why UT3 conversion needs the "manual" .t3d file (copy/paste from UT3 editor) to order correctly the brushes.

5: Sometimes ut3.com fails (crashes) at exporting level to .t3d that's why "manual" .t3d file is needed for you but since it also needs to sort correctly brushes (for UT3 only) it needs another .t3d which is your case is the same one.
                              1: yes, the one that is autoselected. I was just curious whether this had changed from prior versions where it did not matter, and it still does not.

2: Understood, no change.

3: IF I am not converting a pre-UT3 map, why is the convertor informing me of a "UCC.EXE ERROR" when it is not using it to convert?

4: Same question: why is it telling me there is an error when it should not be using UCC.EXE and instead reading information from the XXX.T3D file I manually created.

5: Is it that the command fails, or are there other more reaching and varied reasons for the failure message to appear?
                              Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Ϣίητεѓ, thanks for fixing the bug I posted and very quick to!

However, I don't know if you are already aware of it,

or that I require the 227I patch installed, instead of the 227H,

but I seem to get a lot of bsp holes in Vortex2 and other maps of Unreal Gold.

Are you able to fix this or do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X