UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I noticed huge problem for ut2004, the spotlights are converted to static spotlights instead stationary.

I created custom material for rankin static meshes, if you put them in game added custom material, with static spolight, meshes will be black! with stationary mesh material will show correctly! hope you understand if you need more info, give me a PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Loque- View Post
    still cant convert ut3 maps
    https://db.tt/XmTAcrCc , enjoy! =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    still cant convert ut3 maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by XTXP View Post
    i've also fixed that recently ( https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Conve...25aa4a7cd232c6 )
    not yet packaged but maybe in next version.
    oh cool, and it seems like there is alot more problems with lightning it says, UVs of lighthing is overlapping with weapon lightning and other stuff like health shield etc., but defenitly lighthing needs a boost, rankin is very dark at this point, I will try to add global ligthning as sugested.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bass3 View Post
    Thank you, and please check DM-Rankin, I ported it, the elevator is huge and I know static meshes are not working now, I wanted actually to replace them with some ut4 assets,
    but there is a bug elevator being to big and on some places static mesh is replaced with elevator, in mid area where shield belt is.
    i've also fixed that recently ( https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Conve...25aa4a7cd232c6 )
    not yet packaged but maybe in next version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PEBCAK, got it working now. This was the problem....

Swap the bottom two and it works. The sad part is I checked that at least a dozen times and somehow kept missing it. Maybe it's time for new glasses again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MoxNix; 09-22-2015, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've tried right now CTF-Face and it converts you probably missed something,
    maybe you imported the textures in wrong "UE4 editor" folder or something else dunno.

Did you import textures to /Game/Maps/<convertedmapname>?
    As for custom texture, the hi-res pack do work. (but needs rescaling surfaces since converter did apply texture scaling depending on original texture dimensions
    All other "new" texture packages do not work (since .t3d export do not export package info for surfaces for UT99)

Some maps (for ut2004, ut, u1, ut2003, u2) might be a bit dark indeed since lightning system
    did use the "ZoneInfo" actor which can provide global "level lightning".
    You can add some global lightning adding a postprocessvolume set it to "unbound" (so will apply to whole level) and
    set an ambient cubemap which will provide some "minimum" lightning for the level.
    Besides that i'll give a check for normal lights if they need some extra "light boost"

Yes this is known, it's been fixed since one week but not packaged yet in new version.

I'll be releasing a new version in a few days with ut3 fixes, ut2004 lightning boost (if needed)
    and will put back original folder for ressources /Game/RestrictedAssets/WIP/<mapname>
    Thank you, and please check DM-Rankin, I ported it, the elevator is huge and I know static meshes are not working now, I wanted actually to replace them with some ut4 assets,
    but there is a bug elevator being to big and on some places static mesh is replaced with elevator, in mid area where shield belt is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by smant View Post
    I have tried several maps I made in UT99, and just to test I tried AS-Mazon, AS-Overlord, CTF-Face
    I've tried right now CTF-Face and it converts you probably missed something,
    maybe you imported the textures in wrong "UE4 editor" folder or something else dunno.

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    A whole bunch actually... Bishop, Gothic, Codex, Essence, Mojo and more, all from UT99. I don't think it was even running the conversion tools or maybe running them with no input file. It said it successfully converted all the textures, sounds, etc., but only took a second or so to "convert" all of them. The t3d file was produced but there were no textures or sounds produced.
    Hmm... If by this you mean the hi res texture packs, I am using those, but they converted just fine with all older versions. Also the sounds and music weren't converted either.
    Did you import textures to /Game/Maps/<convertedmapname>?
    As for custom texture, the hi-res pack do work. (but needs rescaling surfaces since converter did apply texture scaling depending on original texture dimensions
    All other "new" texture packages do not work (since .t3d export do not export package info for surfaces for UT99)

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
    I am failing at lights when porting ut2004 map, everything is to dark can you tell me how to fix it, i posted screenshot on page one. I know how to select all etc. But how do i rebuild them, what properties?
    Some maps (for ut2004, ut, u1, ut2003, u2) might be a bit dark indeed since lightning system
    did use the "ZoneInfo" actor which can provide global "level lightning".
    You can add some global lightning adding a postprocessvolume set it to "unbound" (so will apply to whole level) and
    set an ambient cubemap which will provide some "minimum" lightning for the level.
    Besides that i'll give a check for normal lights if they need some extra "light boost"

Originally posted by Loque- View Post
    Hey
    I cant get any UT3 map converted to UT4, it all stucks at 10%
    even without converting sounds and textures. I just want the layout of certain maps

Is this known? Any workarounds?
    Yes this is known, it's been fixed since one week but not packaged yet in new version.

I'll be releasing a new version in a few days with ut3 fixes, ut2004 lightning boost (if needed)
    and will put back original folder for ressources /Game/RestrictedAssets/WIP/<mapname>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll give it a shot for you smant, what map are you trying to do?

Also, try running as admin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've even tried conversion without textures, sounds, or music on simple DM maps, and I still bug at 80% deleting temporary files and no files produced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just simple question please, how can i fix lightning, everything is so dark when porting ut2004 map, I can do rest myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am failing at lights when porting ut2004 map, everything is to dark can you tell me how to fix it, i posted screenshot on page one. I know how to select all etc. But how do i rebuild them, what properties?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which map was it?

Follow post here about material import
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post190540
    I have tried several maps I made in UT99, and just to test I tried AS-Mazon, AS-Overlord, CTF-Face

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which map where u trying to convert? From which ut game?
    A whole bunch actually... Bishop, Gothic, Codex, Essence, Mojo and more, all from UT99. I don't think it was even running the conversion tools or maybe running them with no input file. It said it successfully converted all the textures, sounds, etc., but only took a second or so to "convert" all of them. The t3d file was produced but there were no textures or sounds produced.

I switched back to version 0.50-DEV and no problem, it worked fine on all the same maps. The configuration paths to the conversion tools are exactly the same for both.

Also note that custom textures are not converted yet from U1/UT99
    Hmm... If by this you mean the hi res texture packs, I am using those, but they converted just fine with all older versions. Also the sounds and music weren't converted either.

Running Win 10 btw, in case that makes a difference.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 09-20-2015, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey

I cant get any UT3 map converted to UT4, it all stucks at 10%
    even without converting sounds and textures. I just want the layout of certain maps

Is this known? Any workarounds?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X