UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    My surfaces aren't textured, only the textures are converted to TGA-files, is that right or should the textures get applyed to the brushes/surfaces (or converted to a material) in the import process?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is neat, What about a Quake converter? Quake 1,2, 3 & 4 to UT?
    That be kinda cool to :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having some trouble with adding back the skybox due to the difference between additive and subtractive geometry. Do you have any tips for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MataChungos View Post
    error say impossible to find unreal package extractor...
    Which game from? Did you set the right ut game folder in settings?

Normally all previous games should have a <GameFolder>/System/UCC.exe file
    or <UT4GameFolder>/Binaries/UT3.com file for ut3
    Check this file is present.
    For Unreal 1 latest patch from www.oldunreal.com is needed.
    Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 06-09-2015, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by XTXP View Post
    Thanks ! It such a great thing being to play old maps with UT4.I could not find where wotgreat can export staticmeshes in interface.
    UModel seems much more advanced for handling unreal package (it even handles UE4 packages i think for read).
    It does export staticmeshes as .psk file.
    I've done the reader from .psk file now need to convert to .fbx or .obj
    In WOTgreal, just select a package that has static meshes in it, and then up top click the little icon that says Mesh with the wireframe box icon. Then check the boxes next to the meshes you want to export, and hit the .3d or .3ds buttons, depending on which format you want to use.

I use umodel and WOTgreal both; I prefer WOTgreal for static meshes as it exports in .3ds, no need to try and convert .psk. WOTgreal will also export meshes from UE1 games, for what that's worth; they are too low-poly to be used directly, but are useful as templates in creating new models. WOTgreal doesn't support UE3 games afaik though, so Umodel is better there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    error say impossible to find unreal package extractor...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We could actually get the scale of the Vortex Rikers correctly now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Hey xtreme, thanks for bringing this over from the UT3 forums since I don't spend much time over there any more . Keep up the great work on this!
    Originally posted by aniviron View Post
    I've been working on a handful of straight conversions just for my own personal enjoyment of playing them, instead of hoping for full release; you have no idea how much time this is going to save me. Thank you!
    Thanks ! It such a great thing being to play old maps with UT4.

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    but I wish it had more precise scaling options. It'd be nice if we could use more exact scaling factors that fit the grid better (UDKConverter does allow this).

Other useful conversion factors that fit the grid fairly well

1.25 x 16 = 20
    1.5625 x 16 = 25
    1.875 x 16 = 30
    2.5 x 16 = 40
    Ty for suggestions, i have added more choices for scale now. Will be on next version.

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
    The brushes being a bit weird shouldn't be a huge problem. On maps that keep the original BSP, well, they're simple enough that there shouldn't be any performance issues. For maps that go through a full update, the brushes should just be placeholders anyway.
    I also highly recommend http://www.wotgreal.com/ WOTgreal for converting static meshes. I have had a few small issues, but for the most part you can export them relatively easily and then reimport.
    I could not find where wotgreat can export staticmeshes in interface.
    UModel seems much more advanced for handling unreal package (it even handles UE4 packages i think for read).
    It does export staticmeshes as .psk file.
    I've done the reader from .psk file now need to convert to .fbx or .obj
    The other problem right now are materials,
    for the moment i can only try to get the diffuse texture.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The brushes being a bit weird shouldn't be a huge problem. On maps that keep the original BSP, well, they're simple enough that there shouldn't be any performance issues. For maps that go through a full update, the brushes should just be placeholders anyway.

I also highly recommend http://www.wotgreal.com/ WOTgreal for converting static meshes. I have had a few small issues, but for the most part you can export them relatively easily and then reimport. That said, UT2004 meshes generally don't look that great in UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking good. I like that it converts playerstarts and pickups (saves a lot of time over using the UDKConverter) but I wish it had more precise scaling options. It'd be nice if we could use more exact scaling factors that fit the grid better (UDKConverter does allow this).

For example though a scaling factor of 2.2 is roughly what you want for UT99 maps, it's an odd number, nothing fits a 10s grid when scaled by 2.2. On the other hand 2.1875 is very close and fits the grid much better. Though smaller detail brushes might be off the grid lines, any brushes using multiples of 16 (which is most brushes) will fit the grid perfectly.

16 x 2.1875 = 35 on the 5's actually but that works fine with a 10's grid.

Other useful conversion factors that fit the grid fairly well

1.25 x 16 = 20
    1.5625 x 16 = 25
    1.875 x 16 = 30
    2.5 x 16 = 40

Also a trick that works well for UT2k4 static meshes is first convert them to brushes in UT2k4, save (in a temp file not the original map!) and run the converter on that. Then import into UT4, texture it, scale it, edit it however you want as BSP and then convert back to static mesh.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 06-06-2015, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if any one is doing this. could I get someone to convert grendelkeep3 from ut3. and all I need is the umap file. that would be cool. tx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey xtreme, thanks for bringing this over from the UT3 forums since I don't spend much time over there any more . Keep up the great work on this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been working on a handful of straight conversions just for my own personal enjoyment of playing them, instead of hoping for full release; you have no idea how much time this is going to save me. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X