UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamerz31w View Post
    Interesting tool,but why it was discontinued?
    Why was UT4 alpha discontinued?
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Hi people, the project is indeed discontinued. UT4 is for me now a dead/abandoned game walking on the agony path like UT3 did. I no longer have the will to continue working on the converter and i'm focused on other projects/stuff in life now.
      Best regards.

Comment

BiGup yourself ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, your contribution for UT4 is uncontesable based on the fact that without you, I wouldn't have 194 maps up for play.
        On behalf of the LoPinGiacs, best of luck with your new endeavors!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
          BiGup yourself ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, your contribution for UT4 is uncontesable based on the fact that without you, I wouldn't have 194 maps up for play.
          On behalf of the LoPinGiacs, best of luck with your new endeavors!
          I would like to second this.
          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

*edited*

Dear ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ,

Too bad UT4Converter has been cancelled, I really hoped to see the this converter reach milestone 1.0 since you already implemented so much functionality in your converter
            I thought that it's better to finish this project for once and for all, but it's more important to move on to your next project.

I always look out to the projects of high quality developers like you.
            I want to wish you Good Luck with what you're doing right now!

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
            Last edited by kevincrans; 06-14-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Guys this is the first map I imported thanks to UT4XConverter.
              http://www.mediafire.com/file/57qzlb...ditor.pak/file

Comment

thanks ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ for the tool that made it potable to get old school maps for UT F2P and all the best for your up coming projects
                My Levels \ maps
                [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                [
                Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                [
                OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

If this tool was,is and will be abandoned for a very long time and period probably never gonna be updated in the future. I heard soon Epic Games will add modding support(according to Epic Games Trello Roadmap) probably for Fortnite Battle Royale in that case do you have plans for new tool which I named FBRXConverter which might replace UT4XConverter in the future.

Comment

Gamerz31w, That sounds like a wonderful idea.
                    Personally, I also stopped caring about UE4 a while ago, because it's starting to look a lot like Unity and doesn't support it's own PSK format anymore.
                    Even though I prefer UE3 over UE4, Still I'm excited to see what your project beholds.

ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, since you abandoned the UT4 Converter, would it be easier to start working on your UT3 Converter again?
                    That lifts one very complex engine from your shoulders, because UE4 is an entirely different engine anyway.
                    I'm sure a lot of people will care once you continue that project with UDK compatibility under the name UDK Converter, However that's just a suggestion.

But if you are indeed retiring from this, I'd really like to welcome Gamerz31w to the development of UT4 conversion.

Thank you for your support and I wish you both success!
                    Last edited by kevincrans; 06-14-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I heard Epic Games closed their studio temporarily just for a one week. Anyway I wish Epic Games could make at least one or two new official updates for Unreal Tournament 2016. The most of maps can't be fully converted in UT4XConverter tool and the rest got missing vertices,water physics vfx,weapons models animation gfx. I'm just wondering in github I saw some plans for future updates of this tool like models extraction. So did he intended to literally extract models within visible skeletal meshes by using this tool. Because usually models in Unreal 1 had no skeletal meshes.I guess for example it could be possible to extract freely model of female Prisoner 849,Skaarj Trooper,Naali...etc. within textures. Did character animations in Unreal Engine 1 in late 90's are make like pixelated sprites in early 90's(when NPCs' were flat just like in Paper Mario) or like traditional old-school classic 2d cartoon animations? Because nowadays 2d platform sidescrollers for instance Rayman Origins used skeletal meshes in characters paint-brushed cartoony-like visual aesthetics. Unreal Engine/Editor 3 is able to properly import .t3d map files geometrical meshes are turning usually into transparent wireframes and there's a risk that UDK or Unreal Editor 3 might be crashed and application gets frozen. Let's make FBRXConverter instead of UT4XConverter. Anyway Fortnite prototype was made in Unreal Engine 3,right?
                      Last edited by Gamerz31w; 06-23-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevincrans View Post
                        Gamerz31w, That sounds like a wonderful idea.
                        Personally, I also stopped caring about UE4 a while ago, because it's starting to look a lot like Unity and doesn't support it's own PSK format anymore.
                        Even though I prefer UE3 over UE4, Still I'm excited to see what your project beholds.

ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, since you abandoned the UT4 Converter, would it be easier to start working on your UT3 Converter again?
                        That lifts one very complex engine from your shoulders, because UE4 is an entirely different engine anyway.
                        I'm sure a lot of people will care once you continue that project with UDK compatibility under the name UDK Converter, However that's just a suggestion.

But if you are indeed retiring from this, I'd really like to welcome Gamerz31w to the development of UT4 conversion.

Thank you for your support and I wish you both success!
                        Guys I know more-or-less how this tool is working however first of all I have no idea in which programming language. All I know that Unreal Engine 1,2,3 and 4 were written in C++,right? I dunno what else I can change by myself and how to make changes in next updates.That's the whole problem.

Comment

What if Fortnite Battle Royale modding support won't have official support? So it would have to be just unofficial modding support (according to Epic Tencent Games Trello Roadmap) of Fortnite Battle Royale,huh? But modding support on Epic Games Launcher/Store only for random indie games.

Comment

At least we have Radical Heights and Lawbreakers for modding these games are also abandoned just like Jazz Jackrabbit 3, Unreal Tournament 2016.

Comment

I think I found new method how to extract level maps from any video game.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CcO2wCTpo

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerz31w View Post
                                I think I found new method how to extract level maps from any video game.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CcO2wCTpo
                                Hi Gamerz31w, that's Unity and I also like Yandere Simulator, but a tool for everything would be Noesis. Every Unreal Engine version supports it's own version of T3d (even UE4) and both Unity, UE3 and UE4 support FBX.
                                UT converter is written in Java, however, the engines are written in both C and C++. Converting stuff from Unreal Engine 1 to 3 is very easy compared to from 1/2 to 4. Almost everything in UE1 is supported in UE3/UDK. from Unrealscript to PSK files. UE4 doesn't have that. I'm thus also not interested anymore in converting UE1 games to UE4, but to UE3/UDK.
                                If Winter ever would continue developing on these converter, I'd heavily suggest him to drop UE4 from his shoulders, since it's more trouble than it's worth for Old Unreal conversion. Sorry if I sounded to inviting though, because I have no idea about your skills, of course everyone would like to support the development of this wonderful converter. I hope Winter will come back soon. Also, I have the source of an old Unreal 1 game, Harry Potter 2, wish I could somehow contribute to the development.
                                Last edited by kevincrans; 11-13-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X