UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey,
    when i imported textures and built the materials, and after that import the map, save and build, then the map doesnt use the materials for me.
    so the layout and lights are imported, but the walls and floors etc have no material.
    what do i do wrong?

O i notice btw that with version 0.5.1 there is no folder made in map\wip\ where that easeln-out file is.
    maybe because of the new build which is just here?
    Last edited by Loque-; 09-08-2015, 01:28 PM.
    Visit our website unreal-battles.net
    Join the
    European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

Originally posted by Loque- View Post
      hey,
      when i imported textures and built the materials, and after that import the map, save and build, then the map doesnt use the materials for me.
      so the layout and lights are imported, but the walls and floors etc have no material.
      what do i do wrong?

O i notice btw that with version 0.5.1 there is no folder made in map\wip\ where that easeln-out file is.
      maybe because of the new build which is just here?
      since 0.5.0 the file and all imported stuff must be in /Content/Maps/<MapName> instead of /Content/RestrictedAssets/Wip/<MapName>

Comment

yeah!! that helped at least a little, some materials were not build in but like 60% was now at least.
        thx!
        Visit our website unreal-battles.net
        Join the
        European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

First, i just wanted to thank you for this awesome guide and tool! It's really going to help me bring some of my favorite UT99 maps to UT4.

* Flag bases/Teleporters do not import correctly if you do not have loaded previously a map
          containing these actors (Epic-side bug)
          What exactly does this mean? Which program needs to have loaded a Teleporter before telepoters will be properly imported? Does this program need to stay running during the entire import or can it be closed before importing begins? Moreover, does loading a map with teleporters remedy this problem forever, or is this something that has to be done every single time?

Thank you for the clarification!
          http://forbiddenparadise.us/forums/i...th-UT4-HUB.png
          forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
            First, i just wanted to thank you for this awesome guide and tool! It's really going to help me bring some of my favorite UT99 maps to UT4.
            Thx! I'm planning to do another "tutorial video" for "advanced conversion" not showed in first video such as sky, movers and so on ...

Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
            What exactly does this mean? Which program needs to have loaded a Teleporter before telepoters will be properly imported? Does this program need to stay running during the entire import or can it be closed before importing begins? Moreover, does loading a map with teleporters remedy this problem forever, or is this something that has to be done every single time?
            Well currently if you do:
            Open UE4 Editor -> Import converted map into UE4 then teleporters and ctf flag bases are not imported (despite they are referenced in the converted ".t3d" file)
            But if you do
            Open UE4 Editor -> Open existing map with teleporter and/or flagbases -> Import converted map into UE4 then will they will be imported properly
            Once they have been imported once, no need to load again over and over map with flagbase and teleporters at each UE4 editor start

Comment

This was result of importing Rankin from UT2004.

Attached Files

Comment

I've noticed maps from UT99 feel slightly too tall in UT4 even when everything else feels fine. There was an old app called MapScaler that you could scale each axis separately if you wanted, would be a great addition to your program if possible. I was able to export t3d from ut99 editor (after deleting all non-solid brushes), scale it how I wanted it to be in UT4, import back into Ut99 editor and save as a new map. Then I use that in your Converter and I end up with a nicely scaled map in the end.

Haven't actually done any work just wanted to see what was possible and it seems with MapScaler+UT4 Converter it's possible to make a map feel pretty decent.

Comment

Thank you, I'll give it a try tonight. Looking forward to your advanced vid too!
                  http://forbiddenparadise.us/forums/i...th-UT4-HUB.png
                  forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                    I've noticed maps from UT99 feel slightly too tall in UT4 even when everything else feels fine. There was an old app called MapScaler that you could scale each axis separately if you wanted, would be a great addition to your program if possible. I was able to export t3d from ut99 editor (after deleting all non-solid brushes), scale it how I wanted it to be in UT4, import back into Ut99 editor and save as a new map. Then I use that in your Converter and I end up with a nicely scaled map in the end.

Haven't actually done any work just wanted to see what was possible and it seems with MapScaler+UT4 Converter it's possible to make a map feel pretty decent.
                    The scale is fine, but in ut4 they changed eye sight really low, so you feel abit "tiny" but in reality maps are scaled perfectly with his converter.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                      The scale is fine, but in ut4 they changed eye sight really low, so you feel abit "tiny" but in reality maps are scaled perfectly with his converter.
                      Hmm interesting, I always thought UT99 had a low eye-level compared to 2k4/UT3? Perhaps it's what you said in combination with the trans having a lower arc making it feel even "taller".

Comment

Someone made a map scaling bp not too long ago. I can't remember who it was but capt.migrane used it so I assume he does.
                        :|

Comment

Yea I was looking for it to post on here, it works great and you can scale the height separately if you choose with it as well. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ueprint-Editor

I'm testing out a CTF-Orbital-LE102 port, at 1.25 scale so it hopefully fits the grid and then I'll use the actor scaler thing to scale it the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
                            Hello folks !
                            Note sure this is good forum section but i guess so.
                            Years after UT3 Converter (https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/588848) that helped converting maps to UT3,
                            here is UT4 Converter program that helps converting maps from all previous unreal/ut games to UT4

Note that since program is in early stages, staticmesh and terrain conversion
                            are not yet operational which can lead to pretty "ugly" full of holes maps (specially UT3 ...)

Note:
                            Since 0.5.0 version materials and other stuff (sounds) must be imported into
                            /Content/Maps/<MapName> instead of /Content/RestrictedAssets/Wip/<MapName>.

Author: Me (XtremeXp)
                            Version: 0.5.1
                            Description: Helps convertings any map from previous unreal / unreal tournament games to UT4

Download: https://ut.rushbase.net/xtremexp/too...ToUT4Converter
                            Requirements:

Known bugs:
                            • [U1/UT99] Custom textures are not being converted
                            • [U1/UT99] Some textures are not correctly aligned
                            • Flag bases/Teleporters do not import correctly if you do not have loaded previously a map (like CTF-Face)containing these actors (Epic-side bug). Note: no need to re-load again a map once they have been correctly imported at each new UE4 Editor start.
                            The DL link seem down, do you have an alternate link please ? I really like to try to convert some old ratz-maps maps .

Comment

If any1 is having problems with lighting taking forever to build or crashing before or just after it completes, try selecting all surfaces and setting the lightmap resolution to something like 128 and it will probably build a lot faster and then you can go from there.
                              Last edited by chicken-; 09-14-2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by {MaC}hefer View Post
                                The DL link seem down, do you have an alternate link please ? I really like to try to convert some old ratz-maps maps .
                                You have to browse page then click on the latest version UT4-Converter-X.Y.Z.zip If you can't still see the page, tell me and i'll add some mirror.

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                                If any1 is having problems with lighting taking forever to build or crashing before or just after it completes, try selecting all surfaces and setting the lightmap resolution to something like 128 and it will probably build a lot faster and then you can go from there.
                                About huge light build time, first of all remove the "sky" brush (used in UT99, U1, U2, UT2004/UT2003) which sometimes is far away from main level part which makes the lightimportancevolume very large thus increasing greatly lightning time builds.
                                Once the "sky brush" removed, shrink the lightimportance volume the level and build again, the light build time should be much better afterwards.

See here:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X