UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
    You have to browse page then click on the latest version UT4-Converter-X.Y.Z.zip If you can't still see the page, tell me and i'll add some mirror.

Thanks for your answer, sorry but i cant acces to UT rushbase (I search by google too, but its dead).. Please, if you have time to put your archive on a different server, yes I like .

Comment

Textures Not Applied to Maps

So, I've been able to use this utility to create maps, but textures are never applied.

All paths are set in UT4 Converter.

Let's say I'm working on a map called DM-KillEmAll.unr and convert successfully with UT4 Converter. UT4 Converter states that the UT4 Map Name will be DM-KillEmAll-UT99.

I then start Unreal Edit, Open Face just to load the teleporters and flag bases then create a blank project.

First, at 1:45 min in the video, there was a folder created under RestrictedAssets/WIP called DM-ArcaneTemple-U99. I never have folders auto-created there by UT4 Converter. I saw the note "Since 0.5.0 version materials..." I also never have folders automatically created under Content/Maps by UT4 Converter either.

So, I make a new folder under Content/Maps called DM-KillEmAll-UT99. From \UT4-Converter\Converted\DM-KillEmAll I import all sounds, then textures, create textures, Save All, import the .t3d, save, build, save. I save the map as DM-KillEmAll-UT99.

The maps get created, by everything is blank. The maps are playable, and while textures are available, nothing is painted--there are no textures applied to anything. Teleporters work, and I can manually (and very slowly) apply textures to the world polygon by polygon.

What might I be doing wrong?

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

Originally posted by {MaC}hefer View Post
        Please, if you have time to put your archive on a different server, yes I like .
        I added a mirror (see first post).

Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
        First, at 1:45 min in the video, there was a folder created under RestrictedAssets/WIP called DM-ArcaneTemple-U99. I never have folders auto-created there by UT4 Converter. I saw the note "Since 0.5.0 version materials..."
        Video was made prior 0.5.0 version which have folder changes so the folder in video in wrong.
        Good one is now /Content/Maps/<mapname> (in the video should be /Content/Maps/DM-ArcaneTemple-UT99 if i would update it)

So, I've been able to use this utility to create maps, but textures are never applied.
        Here is some help, might help you (make sure when you import the textures /Content/Maps/<MapName> folder is selected):
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 09-15-2015, 02:04 AM.

Comment

I like your "cafe" folder :]

Comment

XTXP, thanks you a lot. I show you later this week, I hope to have good results .

Cafe, hello (we meet on irc channel saturday or yesterday).

Comment

Wow, awesome, ty! I've got it working and now that it is, I will get to work bringing my favorite UT99 maps to UT4!

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
                About huge light build time, first of all remove the "sky" brush (used in UT99, U1, U2, UT2004/UT2003) which sometimes is far away from main level part which makes the lightimportancevolume very large thus increasing greatly lightning time builds.
                Once the "sky brush" removed, shrink the lightimportance volume the level and build again, the light build time should be much better afterwards.
                I did try that first actually, for whatever reason this 1 map decided to be a pain and only changing the lightmap resolution made a difference in this case.

If anybody figures out a way to scale the high-res textures properly let me know. If I use them in a map, they always come out scaled too large where-as the standard res works fine. I tried using math stuffs to convert the sizes and come up with a scaling # but it never worked out, best I could do was find a squarish box and play with the numbers and move the textures around till they short of look right but that's a lot of work to do on some maps. The default textures just look so bad but aligned properly, whereas the extreme-end high-res ones actually look better than the stock epic textures in some cases but in order to resize and realign everything is a pain for some quick temp ports to play for now.

If I can get this texture thing figured out I can churn out a bunch of maps quickly.

Suggestion for UT3 convertor:
                A simple/brute way of converting some UT3 maps that has worked for me was this, at least it makes the map usable with BSP in place of where static meshes/blocking volumes would be. Perhaps you could experiment with automating this.
                Last edited by chicken-; 09-15-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

If anybody figures out a way to scale the high-res textures properly let me know. If I use them in a map, they always come out scaled too large where-as the standard res works fine. I tried using math stuffs to convert the sizes and come up with a scaling # but it never worked out, best I could do was find a squarish box and play with the numbers and move the textures around till they short of look right but that's a lot of work to do on some maps.
                  I experienced this problem as well when using hd textures.
                  You need to rescale relatively all hdtextures.
                  Shift + T select all surfaces matching same texture.

Try this:

Generally the relative scale is 0.25 but sometimes not ... better try 0.5 then you can apply again if still wrong scale making 0.5 relative scale change to 0.25, 0.125, ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have you looked into getting static mesh or terrain conversion? It seems like those are the last essential things that need to be in place for proper map conversion.

Originally posted by {MaC}hefer View Post
                    Cafe, hello (we meet on irc channel saturday or yesterday).
                    What up

Comment

Whenever I try to convert a map (I've tried several from AS, CTF, DM, etc) from UT99>UT4 in 0.5.1 I get the "All done!" message, but progress is locked on 80% "Deleting temporary files." And will not finish. Any suggestions?
                      Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

Originally posted by smant View Post
                        Whenever I try to convert a map (I've tried several from AS, CTF, DM, etc) from UT99>UT4 in 0.5.1 I get the "All done!" message, but progress is locked on 80% "Deleting temporary files." And will not finish. Any suggestions?
                        Same thing happens to me everytime. I just went with it--everything seemed done and I have been able to convert maps successfully despite that message.

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

0.51 doesn't export textures, sounds, etc... It says it does but it only spends a second or two on conversion and there are no output files in the appropriate places. 0.5-DEV and earlier versions work just fine though.

And yes, I did configure the paths to nconvert and umodel... The exact same paths used in older working versions.
                          Last edited by MoxNix; 09-18-2015, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Same thing happens to me everytime. I just went with it--everything seemed done and I have been able to convert maps successfully despite that message.
                            This is not the case for me. I do not see the files in the proper directories. And I searched thoroughly elsewhere.
                            Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                              0.51 doesn't export textures, sounds, etc... It says it does but it only spends a second or two on conversion and there are no output files in the appropriate places. 0.5-DEV and earlier versions work just fine though.

And yes, I did configure the paths to nconvert and umodel... The exact same paths used in older working versions.
                              Which map where u trying to convert? From which ut game?
                              Provide some dl link (if custom map), so i can give a try
                              The only folder that matters now is /Content/Maps/<convertedmapname>
                              but considering people getting lost since this has changed i may revert it to
                              /Content/RestrictedAssets/WIP/<convertedmapname> (like in <0.5 versions)
                              Also note that custom textures are not converted yet from U1/UT99

Originally posted by smant View Post
                              This is not the case for me. I do not see the files in the proper directories. And I searched thoroughly elsewhere.
                              Which map was it?

Follow post here about material import
                              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post190540

Originally posted by cafe View Post
                              Have you looked into getting static mesh or terrain conversion? It seems like those are the last essential things that need to be in place for proper map conversion.
                              Yes some work has been done but is not finished at all.
                              As for terrain only work for UT2004, i only succeed for now to convert properly the heightmap data with good scale
                              but is "reversed" for the moment (top is bottom and vice-versa).
                              Moreother the collision data is not working properly.
                              Also need work on visibility data and texture layers (did not figure out yet how to do that yet in UE4 anyways), decolayers ...
                              Well many work pending for terrain.
                              For UT3 terrain no work has been done yet (data is not the same as in UT2004)

As for staticmeshes, for the moment is possible to export them (in 0.6-DEV version)
                              automatically thanks to great program www.umodel.com.
                              But they are exported in .psk(x) format which UE4 does not care about.
                              I'm working on .psk -> .fbx but polygons are all misplaced for the moment.
                              Only (long way) for now to convert properly the staticmeshes
                              is to let converter export them with umodel then open up the .psk (need rename .psk -> .pskx)
                              staticmeshes files with Blender software (need some plugin for .psk import) then export them to .fbx.
                              Works but takes long time for a whole map to do it one by one.

Comment

Hey

I cant get any UT3 map converted to UT4, it all stucks at 10%
                                even without converting sounds and textures. I just want the layout of certain maps

Is this known? Any workarounds?
                                Visit our website unreal-battles.net
                                Join the
                                European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

Working...
                                X