UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    Try adding some reflection spheres to the map.
    No, cause without proper lightning you loose alot, like dynamic shadows from characters and rest. Default spotlight is stationary in ue4 and editor, in converter everything is converted to original static. Brings alot problems with UVS, etc.

I don't think reflection spheres will solve anything. You might give it a try, but I will have to delete all lights and redo them by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
      I noticed huge problem for ut2004, the spotlights are converted to static spotlights instead stationary.

I created custom material for rankin static meshes, if you put them in game added custom material, with static spolight, meshes will be black! with stationary mesh material will show correctly! hope you understand if you need more info, give me a PM.
      All lights indeed are forced to be static indeed because if i let them in stationary mobility since many lights are overlapping each other it does not work properly.
      You can still give a try selecting all light and change them to stationary. Haven't found a way to fix that yet. Maybe reducing light radius ? ... but maps would be darker

As for staticmeshes no idea why some are black.
      Attached Files

Comment

Add custom material to your static meshes it doesn't matter which one, it can be one of epics, they will be black, cause lights are being static, when you convert lights to stationary it will solve problem, but again it will cause light UVS overlapping or something and you will have to adjust lights, basically redo them cuase of this problem.

also how did you do that? Is it possible that you upload me this project, since I converted with old converter, none of meshes are applied for and none of materials/textures are applied, do I need to do new conversion? I converted all meshes with Uviewer and then saved them to .fbx before you released new version of converter, do i need to convert map again :/? Small tutorial for ut2k4 conversion would be nice.

Comment

also how did you do that?
          Use converter
          Convert staticmeshes to.fbx one by one with blender keeping same original .psk name
          (e.g: UT2004Package_Meshes_Lift.psk -> UT2004Package_Meshes_Lift.fbx )
          Process is quite long for each staticmesh until i finish my .psk -> .fbx converter
          (which is not working properly at all right now)
          Import in UT4 editor in /Content/RestrictedAssets/WIP/Maps/<mapname> using scale = 0.01
          Import .t3d converted map

none of meshes are applied for and none of materials/textures are applied
          Converter does not convert properly materials yet and texture info (relative path to texture asset file) for staticmeshes is not yet properly "converted".

I converted all meshes with Uviewer and then saved them to .fbx
          How did you convert them to .fbx? I'm using Blender but i'm losing multi-material info (means only possible to apply one material for any staticmesh).
          Don't know if this problem comes from umodel or i missed some export or import option in Blender.
          If somebody knows how to convert UE2/UE3 staticmeshes to UE4 keeping multi-material info, i'm interested

Small tutorial for ut2k4 conversion would be nice.
          Yes i agree, probably this week-end if i have some time. It would cover advanced conversion things that were not in the first tutorial video (sky, lifts, ...)

Is it possible that you upload me this project.
          yes i'll pm you
          Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 09-29-2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

you mean this? Umodel -> Blender (import and export)

Comment

you mean this? Umodel -> Blender (import and export)

Yes exactly!
              Did you set specific import or export options in Blender? (from .psk or to .fbx)
              Or in UE Viewer? You extract staticmeshes with UE Viewer (umodel) using command line or UI?

Comment

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
                As for staticmeshes no idea why some are black.
                Probably because they're metallic surfaces... IOW, they need reflections to light properly. Or it could be the UV coordinate index on the meshes too.
                Last edited by MoxNix; 09-29-2015, 08:24 AM.

Comment

No, cause without proper lightning you loose alot, like dynamic shadows from characters and rest. Default spotlight is stationary in ue4 and editor, in converter everything is converted to original static. Brings alot problems with UVS, etc.

I don't think reflection spheres will solve anything. You might give it a try, but I will have to delete all lights and redo them by hand.
                  Why don't you just try it?

Black meshes generally means metallic surfaces with no reflections, reflectionspheres solve that problem... Either that or with editor made meshes UV coordinate index is set to 0 (default) instead of 1 (where it should be).

Or you could always just change all your lights to stationary and then wonder why they all have red X's on them. "Proper lighting" is not all stationary lights, you can't have more than 4 overlapping stationary lights and directional lights (like sunlight) count against that number too.
                  Last edited by MoxNix; 09-29-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yes exactly!
                    Did you set specific import or export options in Blender? (from .psk or to .fbx)
                    Or in UE Viewer? You extract staticmeshes with UE Viewer (umodel) using command line or UI?
                    I simply used umodel, located dm-rankin.ut2, and it exported it. No command lines. Then open every static mesh in blender wirh import and then export to fbx. And imported them into ued4. But every mesh is off scale.

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                      Why don't you just try it?

Black meshes generally means metallic surfaces with no reflections, reflectionspheres solve that problem... Either that or with editor made meshes UV coordinate index is set to 0 (default) instead of 1 (where it should be).

Or you could always just change all your lights to stationary and then wonder why they all have red X's on them. "Proper lighting" is not all stationary lights, you can't have more than 4 overlapping stationary lights and directional lights (like sunlight) count against that number too.

Hey MoxNix i tried it now, guess what? It worked!! So thank you alot <3

Comment

hey XTXP great to see ya tool for UT4, jsut got a qestion saw that in your youtube video you allrdy done CTF - November still want to to finsh the one i was doing on the old verion of you tool or jsut start from the benning again cos all the new stuff added

EDIT
                        ever mind osrted it out now ><

Last edited by NCC24656; 10-02-2015, 05:01 AM.
                        My Levels \ maps
                        [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                        [
                        Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                        Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                        [
                        OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

could make a converter for unrealtournament of dreancast, it has many maps do not have to download????????????

Comment

Yes exactly!
                            have to say the import and export of the staticmeshes are earlyto do with blender but the only problem i see are that dosnt reconazise the textures in the unreal edditor once you imported the as a .fbx file not sure if we need to do that manly or not
                            My Levels \ maps
                            [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                            [
                            Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                            Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                            [
                            OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

Originally posted by Atomicfire View Post
                              have to say the import and export of the staticmeshes are earlyto do with blender but the only problem i see are that dosnt reconazise the textures in the unreal edditor once you imported the as a .fbx file not sure if we need to do that manly or not
                              Edit:
                              There is some better import script for .psk staticmeshes for Blender software here which keeps multi material info (thanks bass3 for info):
                              https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa/archive/master.zip
                              Replace io_import_scene_unreal_psa_psk.py file in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\<version>\scripts\addons
                              with the one in .zip file.

As for texture names, i'll be fixing that very soon.

Some other progress has been also done about used textures in staticmeshes.
                              They are now being properly identified and exported by the converter. (future version)
                              Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 10-09-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Great work XTXP! Looking forward to new version.

Comment

Working...
                                X