UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Have any the original UT99 maps (Coret, Hyrdo 16, Lave Giant, etc) been converted to UT4 yet? UT4 has been out for a few years and there are limited maps to play. Is there a web site we can go to to download converted UT4 maps?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    I've been playing UT4 off and on for the past couple years but the rate at which new maps are being added has been extremely slow. Can someone clarify if there are plans by Epic to convert some of the original UT99 maps (Coret, Hydro 16, Lave Giant, etc)? If not, I would think that someone would have used the UT4 Converter to convert several of the UT99 maps. Is there a web site that would have UT4 converted UT99 maps? I'm interested in creating a UT4 server with some of the older UT99 maps. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please make it work with the 226-patch, 227-patch lets return to napali crash while playing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Checking 0.8.3 but so far am finding issues with pickups and materials not importing with UT3=>UT4a

ninjaedit: have updated nconvert and umodel as of today's date, and running UT4a as of today's date also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post

He missed replacing "0.8.2" with "0.8.3" in the link. Here's the correct one
    https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Conve...rter-0.8.3.zip

You can always check the following link to get to the latest release (no download link).
    https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Conve...eleases/latest
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
    The github link to version 0.8.3 doesn't work though. (I'm logged in at github)
    He missed replacing "0.8.2" with "0.8.3" in the link. Here's the correct one
    https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Conve...rter-0.8.3.zip

You can always check the following link to get to the latest release (no download link).
    https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Conve...eleases/latest

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi @Winter!

Thank you very much for all your effort in this project

The github link to version 0.8.3 doesn't work though. (I'm logged in at github)
    Last edited by barsam2a; 04-15-2017, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ϣίητεѓ View Post

Since Unreal Engine 3 4 no longer support sheet brushes (like water surface, antiportal/portal sheet and torches in U1/UT99)
    the converter automatically deletes them to prevent UT4 editor crash on BSP holes.
    However the converter do not delete them all specially those with complex shape so you may have to identify them
    to prevent BSP holes. (for converter maps from U1/U2/UT99/UT2003/UT2004).

The "Skipped unsupported sheet brush in UE4 for brushX" message just indicates you which sheet brush have been deleted in case you might want to check
    if original brush is important.
    Thnx for the reply! It is indeed happening on some places where there are torches/water in the original map. Since i never worked with the original UnrealED, could you help me on how to fix this issue?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by makemeunreal View Post
    Is there any way to convert newer .T3Ds back to older?
    Like UT3 .T3Ds to UT 2004 or UT 99 .T3Ds?
    Not as far as i know and it's not planned at all in converter.

Originally posted by Waterkater View Post
    Hi all, I hope this is still being viewed. Thanks for the converter, it saves a lot of time. Ik have one issue though. Sometimes when converting maps, some of the geometry is missing or floating at random places, Making the map miss floors and walls etc. Is there any step im doing wrong?

Edit: When converting the map, i get a lot of messages saying: Skipped unsupported sheet brush in UE4 for brushX, does this have something to do with it? and can i fix that?
    Since Unreal Engine 3 4 no longer support sheet brushes (like water surface, antiportal/portal sheet and torches in U1/UT99)
    the converter automatically deletes them to prevent UT4 editor crash on BSP holes.
    However the converter do not delete them all specially those with complex shape so you may have to identify them
    to prevent BSP holes. (for converter maps from U1/U2/UT99/UT2003/UT2004).

The "Skipped unsupported sheet brush in UE4 for brushX" message just indicates you which sheet brush have been deleted in case you might want to check
    if original brush is important.

If you are converting from UT3 as explained in the converter you will have to copy/paste the .t3d level data from UT3 editor loaded level
    since the UT3.com batch does not keep the original order of brushes (which causes holes if some brush substract is done after some other brush add and so on ...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all, I hope this is still being viewed. Thanks for the converter, it saves a lot of time. Ik have one issue though. Sometimes when converting maps, some of the geometry is missing or floating at random places, Making the map miss floors and walls etc. Is there any step im doing wrong?

Edit: When converting the map, i get a lot of messages saying: Skipped unsupported sheet brush in UE4 for brushX, does this have something to do with it? and can i fix that?
    Last edited by Waterkater; 04-13-2017, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any way to convert newer .T3Ds back to older?
    Like UT3 .T3Ds to UT 2004 or UT 99 .T3Ds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oo ya ever tryed that way thanks for the pointer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Atomicfire View Post
    well i need some help getting this tool to work, it dos every thing fine but since the Jan 2017 update i cant import the map at all cos it dosnt reqconize the file type any more, any pointers would be great

EDIT
    Didnt realase i had to copy and past the text from the coverted file in to the mean viewpoint and now it works
    Another option would be to type *.* and pressing Enter in the Import Scene Window, then the converted Level files are showing up and you can import them.

Attached Files
    Last edited by barsam2a; 02-11-2017, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well i need some help getting this tool to work, it dos every thing fine but since the Jan 2017 update i cant import the map at all cos it dosnt reqconize the file type any more, any pointers would be great

EDIT
    Didnt realase i had to copy and past the text from the coverted file in to the mean viewpoint and now it works
    Last edited by NCC24656; 02-11-2017, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    /Testing 0.8.2 now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X