UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cafe View Post
    Great work XTXP! Looking forward to new version.
    Thanks ! Soon soon !

Upcoming 0.7 version with staticmesh texturing (most of them textured for ut2003/ut2004).
    Since shaders not yet converted they are being replaced with diffuse texture (if possible).
    Some testing with DM-Rankin (UT2004)

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure if someone adressed it, and if it's common error, but after importing a map, and trying to build paths the editor has been crashing. After some investigation I found out that it's caused by imported jump pads, which must be replaced.
      DM-Temple of the Sun

DM-Plunge 2.0 (working title)

Comment

You can download these maps from the internet.
        The new UT is coming along nicely...
        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by jonzie23 View Post
          I'm not sure if someone addressed it, and if it's common error, but after importing a map, and trying to build paths the editor has been crashing. After some investigation I found out that it's caused by imported jump pads, which must be replaced.
          I'm finding a number of things which will, can and do crash unreal editor when using a converted map.

You'd think a simple thing like the nomenclature of materials would not be one of them, but it is; as are:

meshes.
          sounds.
          'default' textures.
          navigation meshes.
          BSP's.

and the list goes on...
          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by jonzie23 View Post
            I'm not sure if someone adressed it, and if it's common error, but after importing a map, and trying to build paths the editor has been crashing. After some
            investigation I found out that it's caused by imported jump pads, which must be replaced.
            Tested on some classic ut99 map (DM-SpaceNoxx), added nav mesh volume had no problem on build and play.
            What was mapname? (+ download link)

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
            I'm finding a number of things which will, can and do crash unreal editor when using a converted map.

You'd think a simple thing like the nomenclature of materials would not be one of them, but it is; as are:

meshes.
            sounds.
            'default' textures.
            navigation meshes.
            BSP's.

and the list goes on...
            If you want to report problem, give some more detailed information
            so i can have a look like:
            - Input Map Name:
            - Input Game: U1/U2/UT99/UT2003/UT2004/UT3
            - Map Download Link (if a custom map)
            - Program Version
            - Description: Crash on play / Crash on import / ...

Thanks.
            Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 10-12-2015, 10:41 AM. Reason: ut99 mapname tested

Comment

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
              Tested on some classic ut99 map (DM-SpaceNoxx), added nav mesh volume had no problem on build and play.

If you want to report problem, give some more detailed information
              so i can have a look like:
              - Input Map Name:
              - Input Game: U1/U2/UT99/UT2003/UT2004/UT3
              - Map Download Link (if a custom map)
              - Program Version
              - Description: Crash on play / Crash on import / ...

Thanks.
              Hiya,

It was more of a criticism regarding the current build of UET than the converter.

Sometimes, it will just crash and as much as I used to fill the form in regarding the type of crash and what I was doing, since no one ever has got back to me regarding the specifics of each crash; I stopped bothering.

You converter has got clear headers regarding what it can and cannot do for UT3 maps:

| | Brushes | Lightning | Sounds | Textures | Meshes | StaticMeshes | Terrain | Base Pickups | Overall |

| UT3 | ++ | + | + | No | N/A | + | No | + | BAD |
              Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

I've imported DM-Plunge with it (from UT 2004). At first I thought that the problem might be with new UT Editor build, but I've checked it with other maps and it worked. I've replaced most of the content with my own, the only things left were player start points and jump pads. Once I got rid of jump pads and replaced them with my own, it started to work. I've noticed that some of the imported ones had random names, that's what made me think that maybe I have to delete them. And they are related to navmesh in a way, because bots use them, hence issue with them is causing the crash when building paths. I'll try to recreate it, and send you a screenshot, so maybe you can address it, unless you have the access to Plunge map and want to try it yourself.
                Last edited by jonzie23; 10-14-2015, 06:04 PM.
                DM-Temple of the Sun

DM-Plunge 2.0 (working title)

Comment

This is easily one of the most important projects on the forums.

Comment

Map Name: HeatRayPhysX
                    Input Game: UT3
                    Map Download Link: Guru3D
                    Program version: current build UT3/UT4 and all versions of UT4 convertor and DEV build from GitHub.
                    Description: Audio files of DarkWalker do not export, specifically:

A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_CollideCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_EngineLoopCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_ExplosionCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FireBeamCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FireBeamRipEarthCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FireCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FootstepCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_HornCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_StartCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_StopCue
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.Cue.A_Vehicle_Darkwalker_WarningConeLoop

A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_BeamAmbience01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_BeamLocked01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Collide01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_EngineLoop01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_EngineLoop02
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_EngineLoop03
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Explosion01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Fire01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FireBeam02
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FireBeamRipEarth01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_FireV201
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Footstep02
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Footstep04
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Horn03
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Start01
                    A_Vehicle_DarkWalker.WAV.A_Vehicle_DarkWalker_Stop01
                    Last edited by Mitch Mitchell; 11-13-2015, 07:18 AM.
                    Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

I just wanted to add that this tool creates pathnames length which can be too long in some cases for example:

E:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\RestrictedAssets\Maps\WIP\DM-HeatRayPhysX-UT3\StaticMesh\HU_Deco_SM_Mesh_S_HU_Deco_SM_CitySign01b.UASSET

If it were to create an import folder say here:

E:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\

and, chop off the beginning of the filename from this:

HU_Deco_SM_Mesh_S_HU_Deco_SM_CitySign01b.UASSET

to this:

CitySign01b.UASSET

It would prevent this from crashing the editor at cook time, or just cooks not completing due to the pathnames being too long.

I can also see the tool does create a *.MAT file, and with UTE4 is there anyway this could create a blank material file as part of the import process? and as above cut the name of the asset from this:

ASC_Floor_SM_Materials_M_ASC_Floor_SM_WalkA_Stairs01Nolight.MAT

to this:

WalkA_Stairs01Nolight.MAT

The issue with long pathnames is apparently a windows issue, but anything more than that I wouldn't be able to tell you
                      Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Edit:
                        There is some better import script for .psk staticmeshes for Blender software here which keeps multi material info (thanks bass3 for info):
                        https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa/archive/master.zip
                        Replace io_import_scene_unreal_psa_psk.py file in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\<version>\scripts\addons
                        with the one in .zip file.

As for texture names, i'll be fixing that very soon.

Some other progress has been also done about used textures in staticmeshes.
                        They are now being properly identified and exported by the converter. (future version)
                        cheers mate ketp this in my fav
                        My Levels \ maps
                        [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                        [
                        Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                        Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                        [
                        OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

XTXP
                          it is fantastic work ! do you have ONS-Dria for UT3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by aleksei4715 View Post
                            XTXP
                            it is fantastic work ! do you have ONS-Dria for UT3 ?
                            Isn't that a WAR map?

I think we are some way off from vehicles in UT4.

As an FYI, if you can find a map, it is normally listed on http://www.mapraider.com/
                            Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Hey,

you know what I can do to get rid of weird blocking volumes in UT3 ports?
                              It is a collision issue with staticmeshes, but for some areas I have no idea at all with what staticmesh the collision is.
                              Is there any way to quickly find out? Do you know?

It's a lot trial and error at the moment, taking hours, and can't solve

Or should I just stop trying UT3 ports at the moment?
                              Visit our website unreal-battles.net
                              Join the
                              European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

Originally posted by Loque- View Post
                                Hey,

you know what I can do to get rid of weird blocking volumes in UT3 ports?
                                It is a collision issue with staticmeshes, but for some areas I have no idea at all with what staticmesh the collision is.
                                Is there any way to quickly find out? Do you know?

It's a lot trial and error at the moment, taking hours, and can't solve

Or should I just stop trying UT3 ports at the moment?
                                Probably stating the obvious here, but player collisions in the view-port will normally let you know where a collision is and what it is. which map is btw? if you wanna pm me I can take a look from there and get back to you.
                                Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X