X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Bishmanrock View Post
    Thanks barsam2a,

I've noticed quite a lot of remakes, they're coming along really nicely! It's a shame there's no single repository for levels as it's a bit confusing having to hunt around for them. I've barely touched the editor so I doubt I'll be getting into remaking myself. Really it's just so I can uninstall those games as the levels are really the only major reason to go back to them at this point, but if it helps do some of the pre-work for people who want to remake them then that'd be a bonus too!
    You're welcome!

Yes, maybe some mappers would be interested in pre-work, I prefer converting the maps myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks barsam2a,

I've noticed quite a lot of remakes, they're coming along really nicely! It's a shame there's no single repository for levels as it's a bit confusing having to hunt around for them. I've barely touched the editor so I doubt I'll be getting into remaking myself. Really it's just so I can uninstall those games as the levels are really the only major reason to go back to them at this point, but if it helps do some of the pre-work for people who want to remake them then that'd be a bonus too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bishmanrock View Post
    Sorry to derail slightly, but has anyone created any classic map packs using this?

I was thinking of sitting down sometime and converting all the UT99 DM maps (and maybe 2k4 if I can be bothered), but didn't want to go ahead and later find out someone had already done it, especially with it probably taking a fair bit of time.
    Hi Bishmanrock!

There are several UT99 Conversions and some very nice Remakes (from scratch) around already (just 1 link as example):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...EE&usp=sharing

But you could start converting/remaking UT2004 Maps, haven't seen many of them around besides Rankin.

I started working on 1on1-Spirit from 2004: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads..._DM-Spirit-v1a

But there are a ton other 2004 DM-Maps that nobody has released yet, so go ahead!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry to derail slightly, but has anyone created any classic map packs using this?

I was thinking of sitting down sometime and converting all the UT99 DM maps (and maybe 2k4 if I can be bothered), but didn't want to go ahead and later find out someone had already done it, especially with it probably taking a fair bit of time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    0.7.2 is outdated for at least 20 code changes. xtremexp is likely going to update once he reached his next milestone.
    Hello, i've been out of UT4 converter world for many months so next version is still undergoing work since i'm working on it again a bit since a few days.

Originally posted by From_Behind View Post
    Any word on the new converter? I would like to at least try and convert my UT3 map using this tool, sounds like its pretty good. Thank you!!
    0.8 not ready, but you can still try out the very latest version with some extra features like terrain partial conversion from UT2003/UT2004 (but buggy colision as far as i remember) following instructions on https://github.com/xtremexp/UT4Converter -> "How to build and run latest version ?"
    (note, this is dev branch so this might be unstable and crash!)

Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
    I am also wondering if the scale 2.2 of a converted level is still correct since the tool was released before the 15% scale increase of the player characters?
    i've changed default scale to 2.4 and added more scale options for next release

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can't find it at the usual suspects, PM me a link to Dropbox or something and I'll DL it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    What's the level called? I can download it and have a look...I got some time in my hands now the map core phase one is over...
    Its called DM-LoVeShaCk. We used to play the hell out of it back in the day but only at our LAN parties. A buddy and I converted it to UT2K4 and then to UT3. I have it as a UT3 map but never seen it out in the wild, only the older versions. Let me know how I can get it to you. Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's the level called? I can download it and have a look...I got some time in my hands now the map core phase one is over...
    Last edited by Mitch Mitchell; 05-04-2016, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    0.7.2 is outdated for at least 20 code changes. xtremexp is likely going to update once he reached his next milestone.
    Any word on the new converter? I would like to at least try and convert my UT3 map using this tool, sounds like its pretty good. Thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2.2, but thankfully if you get it wrong, you can use the map scaler to alter the size as needs be.

Another consideration is the movement speed versus UT3 movement speed, and gravity; which feels heavier on UT3 than UT4. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of connection between the player and the ground in UT4 and there is a floating feeling when moving around, but in UT3, big thuds when you traverse the environment. Some discussions on this over the last 12 months elsewhere on the forums.

You really notice this when ALT-Tabbing between the UT3 editor and the UT4 editor when converting maps.

Things to look out for scale-wise, are the distances between platforms as UT3 had the double jump mechanic...
    Thank you for your quick response! I see that the old UT3 editor used an 8 square measuring system and UT4 uses a 10 square system. So if my level is 384 units wide in UT3 (yes, I counted them), it should be 845 units wide in UT4? This does not seem to be anywhere near how big it needs to be. I must be doing something wrong.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am also wondering if the scale 2.2 of a converted level is still correct since the tool was released before the 15% scale increase of the player characters?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by From_Behind View Post
    I am going to convert a UT3 map from scratch to UT4. Its a custom map that I converted years ago from UT99 to UT3. What is a good overall conversion factor for the geometry? Is it easy to use the tools stated above for converting from UT3 to UT4? Thank you for any help on this. The new UT4 is so awesome that I am hoping to be able to do a nice conversion whether I build it from scratch or use these tools. Thanks!!!
    2.2, but thankfully if you get it wrong, you can use the map scaler to alter the size as needs be.

Another consideration is the movement speed versus UT3 movement speed, and gravity; which feels heavier on UT3 than UT4. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of connection between the player and the ground in UT4 and there is a floating feeling when moving around, but in UT3, big thuds when you traverse the environment. Some discussions on this over the last 12 months elsewhere on the forums.

You really notice this when ALT-Tabbing between the UT3 editor and the UT4 editor when converting maps.

Things to look out for scale-wise, are the distances between platforms as UT3 had the double jump mechanic...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am going to convert a UT3 map from scratch to UT4. Its a custom map that I converted years ago from UT99 to UT3. What is a good overall conversion factor for the geometry? Is it easy to use the tools stated above for converting from UT3 to UT4? Thank you for any help on this. The new UT4 is so awesome that I am hoping to be able to do a nice conversion whether I build it from scratch or use these tools. Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I run the beta, sorry for the confusion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I think it's pretty complete, it just needs a little bit of tinkering for static meshes, terrain, and file naming for assets generated - but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X