• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT4 Converter - 0.9.1 - [25/08/2018]

Name UT4 Converter
    Version 0.9.1 (25/08/2018)
    Author Me (XtremeXp/WinterIsComing)
    Status Discontinued
    Description Helps convertings any map from previous unreal / unreal tournament games to UT4
    Download UT4-Converter-0.9.1
    Requirements
    • Windows 7 / Vista / 8 / 10 - 64 bits
    • Java 8 SE
    • Unreal (Tournament) previous game with latest patch
    • NConvert texture conversion program
    • UModel

Old UT3 Converter topic: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/588848

Note:
    For unreal 1, use latest patch from www.oldunreal.com

Known bugs / limitations :
    • [UT99] Custom textures are not being converted
    • [UT2003/4, UT3] Staticmesh conversion does not keep original collision volume
    • [U2] Unreal 2 conversion barely tested so many things might not work properly
    • [U1/UT99] Rotated textures with PanU/V set are not correctly aligned
    • [UT2003/4, UT3] Shaders not yet converted so many surfaces/staticmeshes may not be textured
    • [UT2003/4, UT3] Terrain partially converted for UT2003/4. No terrain conversion yet for UT3.
    • Flag bases/Teleporters do not import correctly if you do not have loaded previously a map (like CTF-Face)containing these actors Note: no need to re-load again a map once they have been correctly imported at each new UE4 Editor start.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	UT4Converter-0.4.png Views:	1 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	357448
    UT4 Converter
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DM-ArcaneTemple-UT99-HD-UT4Conv0.4.png Views:	1 Size:	944.9 KB ID:	357450
    DM-ArcaneTemple (UT99)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DM-Ranking-UT2004-UT4Conv0.7.png Views:	2 Size:	831.4 KB ID:	359583
    DM-Ranking (UT2004)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DM-DeckUT4DemoConv.jpg Views:	1 Size:	646.1 KB ID:	363801
    DM-Deck (UT3)

The project is now discontinued. UT4 is for me now a dead/abandoned game walking on the agony path like UT3 did. I no longer have the will to continue working on the converter and i'm focused on other projects/stuff in life now.
    Best regards.

History:
    - 0.9.1 - 25/08/2018
    • Hotfix: fixed some unconverted resources.

- 0.9.0 - 19/08/2018
    • added support for UDK maps (conversion quality is like UT3 = medium)
    • u1/ut99: default scale is now 2.5X
    • u1/ut99: decreased light intensity from 60 to 35
    • ut2003/4: decreased light intensity from 80 to 70
    • ut2003/4: fixed staticmeshes skins not being correctly applied
    • ut2003/4: handled uv2Mode, uv2Skin (thanks MoxNix for reporting)
    • ut2003/4/ut3: fixed some cases where some textures from staticmeshes where not converted
    • ut2003/4: added support for LadderVolume, PressureVolume, SnipingVolue, ConvoyPhysicsVolume, xFallingVolume, IonCannonKillVolume,
      HitScanBlockingVolume, ASCriticalObjectiveVolume, LeavingBattleFieldVolume, xFallingVolume
    • ut2003/4: VolumeTrigger, MessageTrigger, CrowdTrigger, UseTrigger, MusicTrigger, RedirectionTrigger,
      GravityTrigger, MaterialTrigger, TriggeredCondition, ScriptedTrigger now converted to TriggerVolume
    • ut2003/4: fixed lift actor property in lift exit actor not being set
    • ut2003/4: added support for multiple skins (corona) with lights
    • all: fixed some teamplayerstarts being converted as playerstart
    • all: fixed crash on UT4 editor import if trigger had either radius or height set to 0
    • unreal 2: fixed no staticmeshes or textures being converted. Since umodel does not support the game
      the conversion quality of resources is not good yet (staticmeshes with bad roration and uv)
    • unreal 2: added support for Trigger TT_USE case
    • all: movers forced to movetime=0.1s if their movetime is 0s (else won't move at all)
    • all: tag property now being converted
    • all: brushes/movers with flat horizontal shape are now being converted back (need convert them to staticmeshes
      prior fisrt build)
    • ut3: now no longer loads lightmap when extracting textures from packages (=quicker conversion)
    • ui: updated welcome screen
    • u1/ut99: fixed mover using default sound if no sound was set originally
    • ui: added option for lightmap resolution (default 128 for UE1/UE2 else 32)
    • ui: progress bar now being update more often
    • ui: remove notification of unconverted actors

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7EYKHg27M (UT99 Arcane Temple)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qa2KhTPUA (UT3->UT4 full conversion video tutorial (DM-Morbias))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xRc_I41vLE (DOM-Aswan UT2004 conversion test)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIuFhvqgD2w (DM-ArcaneTemple UT99)

Attached Files
    Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 12-04-2018, 04:14 PM.

• replied
    Guys this is the first map I imported thanks to UT4XConverter.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/57qzlb...ditor.pak/file

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dear ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ,

Too bad UT4Converter has been cancelled, I really hoped to see the this converter reach milestone 1.0 since you already implemented so much functionality in your converter
    Even though UT4 wasn't that fantastic, you gotta agree with me on that UE4 is (of course) a massive milestone on itself so that's why I thought that it's better to finish this project for once and for all, but it's important to move on to your next project and I'm sure whatever that is must be great!

I just had one Bug-Report/Suggestion: When I try to convert a map from another game with path set to UT99 (Because that includes a UCC.EXE) It fails because it can't find the packages.
    Could you please make the editor to set the package path relative to the map file instead of the UT99 path?
    Of course that would be a pain to implement when the map is in the UPak folder, but I'm sure you'll be able to work around that.

However, I'll always look out to the next projects of high quality developers like you.
    I want to wish you Good Luck with what you're doing right now!

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
    Last edited by kevincrans; 02-03-2019, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
    BiGup yourself ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, your contribution for UT4 is uncontesable based on the fact that without you, I wouldn't have 194 maps up for play.
    On behalf of the LoPinGiacs, best of luck with your new endeavors!
    I would like to second this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BiGup yourself ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, your contribution for UT4 is uncontesable based on the fact that without you, I wouldn't have 194 maps up for play.
    On behalf of the LoPinGiacs, best of luck with your new endeavors!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi people, the project is indeed discontinued. UT4 is for me now a dead/abandoned game walking on the agony path like UT3 did. I no longer have the will to continue working on the converter and i'm focused on other projects/stuff in life now.
    Best regards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gamerz31w View Post
    Interesting tool,but why it was discontinued?
    Why was UT4 alpha discontinued?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting tool,but why it was discontinued?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi again

4th Post Smoothing issues

For a nice mesh rendering, there is a need to smooth the meshes through fbx export (only way I tested).
    Unfortunately, Blender as well as the free Autodesk fbx converter does not allow "smooth groups". The only way to have the smoothing was to use 3DSmax.

Updated: nov2018:
    Possible to export smooth groups with blender:
    Cheers Dan
    Right is smoothed Right is smoothed
    Last edited by time_collapse; 11-04-2018, 04:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi again
    3rd post UV issue

When using the .obj files from UT-converter, it was necessary to add a CoordTexture node on all TextureSample nodes with U = 1 and V = -1.
    Could not be solved yet (from me) using 3D application like blender using axis mapping of the fbx exporter.

Converting .pskx files from direct umodel extraction, the fbx converter will produce the right UV mapping.

see you Dan

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi again
    2nd post
    exemple of materials mainly inspired from thye original ones
    The grate parallax was restored, animated blob and techcylinder also restored
    best Dan
    Techcylinder material blob material grate parallax

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everybody
    Just some results from the Deck conversion and some issues.
    1 post: Overall conversion look
    A lot of work on the materials (as suggested by Mitch)
    Overall mood nedd a strong modification (light building is highly time consuming)

best
    Dan
    windows and glass Main hall lower level details machineries
    Last edited by time_collapse; 10-18-2018, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Mitch
    Thanx to take time for the advice and the kind explanation
    I'll do this quietly this WE.
    I think I had moved forward to step 6 to fast....
    cheers
    Dan
    I use also notepad++ it's more like a Guiness for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by time_collapse
    In the .t3d file I change all

"/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Deck-UT3/"
    to
    "/Game/Content/DM-Deck-UT3/"

and in both cases textures on BSP brushes are missing (but not on meshes)

I suppose that "Game" means "project-name/content/"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	utc9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	402565

What you need to do is this:

Every MATERIAL, STATIC MESH, AUDIO COMPONENT, needs to have the reference COPIED from the UT4 Editor and then REPLACED in the T3D file generated by the convertor.

So, in sequence:

1) RUN THE CONVERSION
    2) IMPORT ALL OF YOUR ASSETS IN THE CORRECT SEQUENCE (STATIC MESHES LAST) IF ANY MATERIALS ARE MISSING, OR, IF STATIC MESHES ARE WHITE, YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A NEW MATERIAL WITH A NEW REFERENCE
    3) RUN A FIND AND REPLACE FOR ALL OF THE ASSETS (MATERIALS, MESHES, AUDIO COMPONENTS) IN THE CONVERTED T3D FILE BY COPYING THE REFERENCE LOCATION IN THE EDITOR AS ILLUSTRATED ABOVE AND REPLACING EVERY INSTANCE IN THE T3D FILE.
    4) IMPORT THE FILE
    5) BUILD GEOMETRY
    6) DRINK BEER

As you will note and see, I use notepad++, but that is not necessary, just a personal preference, like smooth-tasting Miller Draft.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Mitch

I've tried editing .t3d to change location folder as exemple:
    I've conterted Deck from UT3 to UT4. Everythings in .t3d points to \UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\RestrictedAssets\Maps\WIP\DM-deck-UT3 as shown in an extracted polygon sequence below

Begin Polygon Item=Side
    Texture=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Deck-UT3/LT_Buildings2_BSP_Materials_T_LT_Buildings_BSP_BunkerWall1_D_Mat.LT_Buildings2_BSP_Materials_T_LT_Buildings_BSP_BunkerWall1_D_Mat LightMapScale=64.0 Link=0
    End Polygon

I move to UDK4 and I import all textured, meshes and sounds in a \UT3_to_UT4_415\Content\DM-Deck-UT3 folder

In the .t3d file I change all

"/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Deck-UT3/"
    to
    "/Game/Content/DM-Deck-UT3/"

and in both cases textures on BSP brushes are missing (but not on meshes)

I suppose that "Game" means "project-name/content/"

ADDED:
    Done some other test:
    Conversion of Deck from UT3 to UDK4 as described in ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ's video tutorial with same folder location (restrictedAssets\...)

Some files are not present in the copy-paste .t3d file
    ex: HU_Deco3.SM.Materials.M_HU_Deco_SM_StorageTanks_a

Some are present but not converted
    M_LT_Floors_BSP_Grate_Pipes file is shown in .t3d file
    Begin Polygon Texture=LT_Floors.BSP.Materials.M_LT_Floors_BSP_Grate_Pipes Flags=3584 Link=4
    but only converted as .mat file, no .tga file in extraction texture folder so not imported in UDK4
    repalced by LT_Bridge_SM_Materials_T_LT_Bridge_SM_engine_D_mat
    The UV for the Doors in the pics below have UV issues.

Here find 2 pics to illustrate
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture-1_udk4.PNG Views:	2 Size:	571.3 KB ID:	402505 UDK4
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture-1_udk3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	601.5 KB ID:	402504 UDK3

Getting Deck from UT3 or UDK3 have same issues

Hope this can help someone

Anyway thanx to ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ, it's a great advances to have the UT4-converter programm, great job fine tuning can be done manually to use UE4 features

regards
    Daniel

PS: Before the additin, I've done a lot of tests with different UT3 maps, different conversion parameters, may be I've make some confuse operations
    Attached Files
    Last edited by time_collapse; 09-10-2018, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X