No announcement yet.

UT4 Converter - 0.9.3 - [12/12/2019]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I imported all Unreal 1 level maps to Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo,some Unreal Tournament 1999 level maps to jj3d and some Harry Potter 1 pc version level maps to jj3d.
    https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1570477155
    https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1571340674
    https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1573995954

Comment

Originally posted by kevincrans View Post

Hi Gamerz31w, that's Unity and I also like Yandere Simulator, but a tool for everything would be Noesis. Every Unreal Engine version supports it's own version of T3d (even UE4) and both Unity, UE3 and UE4 support FBX.
      UT converter is written in Java, however, the engines are written in both C and C++. Converting stuff from Unreal Engine 1 to 3 is very easy compared to from 1/2 to 4. Almost everything in UE1 is supported in UE3/UDK. from Unrealscript to PSK files. UE4 doesn't have that. I'm thus also not interested anymore in converting UE1 games to UE4, but to UE3/UDK.
      If Winter ever would continue developing on these converter, I'd heavily suggest him to drop UE4 from his shoulders, since it's more trouble than it's worth for Old Unreal conversion. Sorry if I sounded to inviting though, because I have no idea about your skills, of course everyone would like to support the development of this wonderful converter. I hope Winter will come back soon. Also, I have the source of an old Unreal 1 game, Harry Potter 2, wish I could somehow contribute to the development.
      Do you mean this Noesis tool?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ideMuecmH8s

Comment

Hi, Gamerz31w!

Indeed, like I said, if you are trying to convert anything, but really anything from any engine, Noesis is the way to go (sometimes Quark for Idtech3 though), but that's unrelated, since we are talking about different versions of the same engine.
        I also am interested in the Harry Potter conversion scene and don't like the editors made for it so much (Koops/Unworld), I rather use the editor in the source code which, I just send you and winter the link of, but that of the first game is not available yet.
        I hope this information was helpful and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
        Last edited by kevincrans; 11-27-2019, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Then what about Quixel? What a shame that NeoFur is no longer updated. I guess Quixel will replace NeoFur. In this case I guess Quixel will replace UT4XConverter,Utiny Ripper and Ninja Ripper in the future.

Comment

I don't know how that's related, because again, Quixel works only with modern engines like UE4 and Unity, but your kinda right. Neofur looks neat, never heard about it.
            But for old Unreal version, I recommend converting towards UT3/UDK, except if you are the guy from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuI...PcJPKYQ/videos.
            I belief that he does his Unreal (Gold) remastering so well, that after making some more progress, Epic Games and Quixel might accept his idea and work together to work on a final product, resurrecting Unreal Tournament 4 as it's multi-player mode, attracting a huge audience.
            Of course this is just a thought, but with Quixel and Ray Tracing, this idea wouldn't be that Unrealistic or....
            Apart from that, I grew up playing the Harry Potter game, that's what introduced me to Unreal Engine in the first place, I wish I could give it multi platform support having the source code and all, like Quake DSi, but don't have any experience yet.

Good luck with whatever you're working on!

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
            Last edited by kevincrans; 11-29-2019, 02:42 PM. Reason: Adding literally one word.

Comment

Well if Valve Corporation(as I remember just like in case Epic Games helps publish indie game developers on their store in Epic Games Launcher) can make multiple game projects including daily updates and start working on Half-Life Alyx(Bethesda,ZeniMax and Id Software made Doom game on PC VR first)besides still updating Fortnite Battle Royale and Unreal Engine/Editor 4. In 2012 Valve Corporation allowed Half-Life fans to publish fanmade remake of Life-Life 1 aka Black Mesa Source on Steam.
              Last edited by Gamerz31w; 11-29-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Those are a lot of names in your reaction.
                Are you perhaps saying that Epic Games has enough work on their hands because of the Epic Games store and Unreal Engine, that buying Quixel is not enough to have enough people and time to work on another game besides Fortnite?
                Because if that is so, then you might be right, but that kills a lot of hope for in the future of Unreal and UT, or of any other game made by Epic Games.
                This is probably why Paragon got cancelled.
                Is that what you were saying, or are you saying the opposite?
                I still belief he is gonna remaster it, because he already has done a lot, I've never seen someone make so much progress on a community remaster.
                He also can use the Quixel assets now as Unreal Ray tracing is being improved, promising his work to look optimal.
                I'm wondering, how would he implement Single Player mode in UT4 and change the Main Menu, because if eventually Epic Games would allow him to sell it, or to update the UT4 Editor, it would kinda improve the example shipped with the Unreal Engine, shaping how Single Player Games would be made.
                Last edited by kevincrans; 12-01-2019, 05:16 AM. Reason: Updating for relevance

Comment

Well some guy on Twitter once said that games like Fortnite Battle Royale and cross-play platforming are the future and Tim Sweeney Epic Games CEO agreed with him. Does it mean only open world multiplayer shooters should be competing with Fortnite because it's popular and profitable? Currently Epic Games is updating their launcher and store & keep helping indie(everyone is so hyped with untitled goose game) game developers publish their games. They are also updating unreal engine 4 and Fortnite Battle Royale. Didn't they cancelled Paragon and Fortnite prototype due to Cliff Bleszinski's retirement of Epic Games? They stopped updating udk 4 years ago. NeoFur is on hold I heard last update was in Unreal Engine 4.16 abandoned just like Unreal Tournament 4. I guess quixel replaced neofur. When I tried to test 2d sidescroller mode in Unreal Engine 3 then after rebuilding code some errors occurred in udk game and even udk editor.
                  Last edited by Gamerz31w; 12-02-2019, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Oh that's why Paragon got cancelled, my mistake.
                    So I was right about you stating Epic Games has too much work on their shoulders to work on a Unreal Remaster?

However, both UDK and my UE1 Source Code are fully functional.
                    UDK may break maybe, but that's why improving Source Code is so fun.
                    The modern software isn't alike, it's good, but at something else.
                    For format compatibility, UnrealScript, ^2 grid, flat bsp surfaces (UE4 with it's BSP holes) and for old school experience, UE1/3 might fit better than UE4.
                    Choose UE4 for FBX, Blueprints, decimal grid, for Static mesh only and it's better at realism with many types of lighting measurements.
                    And of course don't forget Ray Tracing Reflection!
                    UE1/3 is entirely different from UE4, I use both just as much, for the experience.
                    I don't see cross-play platforming as a feature, but see the lack of it as a past limitation, but I'm happy it finally broke trough.
                    I also want you to know that I'm 18 years old and Unreal came out before I was born, I just like retro Single-Player games, and the Harry Potter Game was my introduction.
                    I'm not using Unreal that much because I have to do Unity for my game-developer study, where I suck at killing all my motivation.

In UE4 the remaster will be better with exclusive features, I still believe it'll be officially released and it's going to be Epic.

Sincerely,

Kevin Crans
                    Last edited by kevincrans; 12-02-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I wish Unreal Tournament 3 could be re-released just like Shadow Complex. Well it seems Paragon and Fortnite(2011)early version ended up as failures,but not Fortnite(2017)final version.
                      Any ideas how to fix it?
                      It's not even working on Steam and normal version.

Is it problematic for udk 2015 editor or what?

What does it mean?

Comment

My first stupid solution for the windows file copying error would be adding take ownership to the Windows context menu. I'll edit this post as I progress in initializing the problem, But I'm heavily interested in Fortnite 2011 edition, as I didn't knew it exists. Or is this about UT3 (Black) or UDK. I have both installed (with some patches) and could send it to you immediately, but that would partially be not legal, so I hope you're talking about UDK.
                        Last edited by kevincrans; 12-02-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

As I remember well Fortnite prototype was originally intended to be made in Unreal Engine 3.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite:_Save_the_World
                          I heard Cliff Bleszinski was initially involved in it.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-l6Ct3hAI
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite
                          Originally posted by kevincrans View Post
                          My first stupid solution for the windows file copying error would be adding take ownership to the Windows context menu. I'll edit this post as I progress in initializing the problem, But I'm heavily interested in Fortnite 2011 edition, as I didn't knew it exists. Or is this about UT3 (Black) or UDK. I have both installed (with some patches) and could send it to you immediately, but that would partially be not legal, so I hope you're talking about UDK.
                          Yes I'm talking about UDK(not at all the time),but currently I'm talking about Unreal Engine/Editor 3(Unreal Development Kit 2015)right now.
                          Last edited by Gamerz31w; 12-02-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Maybe it's that you downloaded UDK of Steam, while deeply online there is an installer that installs it to C:\UDK\UDK-2015-01. why don't you try moving your installation from steams\common to either C: or D:\UDK-2015-01? Or do you have a double installation?
                            My second guess is that you didn't install the Unreal Tournament example assets and it's trying to find it because it is referenced. Do you want my copy of maybe the same version?
                            When you reply yes, I'll try to send it to you by message and if that doesn't work out, I think I have to recommend you "UDK Ultimate".

Comment

I just have two versions of udk 2015. It should be re-released just like Shadow Complex.

Comment

I do agree, that UDK isn't finished just yet and needs to be continued, it's an awesome engine. Sadly, I think Epic Games has their focus on other things and I only have the source code of UE1 (UE4 source access is publicly available as you must have noticed). So gaining some more experience with the UE1 Source, I will when I've got time, peace and space in my life. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Working...
                                X