UT4X Converter - 1.0.0 - [22/02/2020]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'll give it a shot for you smant, what map are you trying to do?

Also, try running as admin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've even tried conversion without textures, sounds, or music on simple DM maps, and I still bug at 80% deleting temporary files and no files produced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just simple question please, how can i fix lightning, everything is so dark when porting ut2004 map, I can do rest myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am failing at lights when porting ut2004 map, everything is to dark can you tell me how to fix it, i posted screenshot on page one. I know how to select all etc. But how do i rebuild them, what properties?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by XTXP View Post
    Which map was it?

Follow post here about material import
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post190540
    I have tried several maps I made in UT99, and just to test I tried AS-Mazon, AS-Overlord, CTF-Face

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which map where u trying to convert? From which ut game?
    A whole bunch actually... Bishop, Gothic, Codex, Essence, Mojo and more, all from UT99. I don't think it was even running the conversion tools or maybe running them with no input file. It said it successfully converted all the textures, sounds, etc., but only took a second or so to "convert" all of them. The t3d file was produced but there were no textures or sounds produced.

I switched back to version 0.50-DEV and no problem, it worked fine on all the same maps. The configuration paths to the conversion tools are exactly the same for both.

Also note that custom textures are not converted yet from U1/UT99
    Hmm... If by this you mean the hi res texture packs, I am using those, but they converted just fine with all older versions. Also the sounds and music weren't converted either.

Running Win 10 btw, in case that makes a difference.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 09-20-2015, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey

I cant get any UT3 map converted to UT4, it all stucks at 10%
    even without converting sounds and textures. I just want the layout of certain maps

Is this known? Any workarounds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    0.51 doesn't export textures, sounds, etc... It says it does but it only spends a second or two on conversion and there are no output files in the appropriate places. 0.5-DEV and earlier versions work just fine though.

And yes, I did configure the paths to nconvert and umodel... The exact same paths used in older working versions.
    Which map where u trying to convert? From which ut game?
    Provide some dl link (if custom map), so i can give a try
    The only folder that matters now is /Content/Maps/<convertedmapname>
    but considering people getting lost since this has changed i may revert it to
    /Content/RestrictedAssets/WIP/<convertedmapname> (like in <0.5 versions)
    Also note that custom textures are not converted yet from U1/UT99

Originally posted by smant View Post
    This is not the case for me. I do not see the files in the proper directories. And I searched thoroughly elsewhere.
    Which map was it?

Follow post here about material import
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post190540

Originally posted by cafe View Post
    Have you looked into getting static mesh or terrain conversion? It seems like those are the last essential things that need to be in place for proper map conversion.
    Yes some work has been done but is not finished at all.
    As for terrain only work for UT2004, i only succeed for now to convert properly the heightmap data with good scale
    but is "reversed" for the moment (top is bottom and vice-versa).
    Moreother the collision data is not working properly.
    Also need work on visibility data and texture layers (did not figure out yet how to do that yet in UE4 anyways), decolayers ...
    Well many work pending for terrain.
    For UT3 terrain no work has been done yet (data is not the same as in UT2004)

As for staticmeshes, for the moment is possible to export them (in 0.6-DEV version)
    automatically thanks to great program www.umodel.com.
    But they are exported in .psk(x) format which UE4 does not care about.
    I'm working on .psk -> .fbx but polygons are all misplaced for the moment.
    Only (long way) for now to convert properly the staticmeshes
    is to let converter export them with umodel then open up the .psk (need rename .psk -> .pskx)
    staticmeshes files with Blender software (need some plugin for .psk import) then export them to .fbx.
    Works but takes long time for a whole map to do it one by one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
    Same thing happens to me everytime. I just went with it--everything seemed done and I have been able to convert maps successfully despite that message.
    This is not the case for me. I do not see the files in the proper directories. And I searched thoroughly elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    0.51 doesn't export textures, sounds, etc... It says it does but it only spends a second or two on conversion and there are no output files in the appropriate places. 0.5-DEV and earlier versions work just fine though.

And yes, I did configure the paths to nconvert and umodel... The exact same paths used in older working versions.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 09-18-2015, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by smant View Post
    Whenever I try to convert a map (I've tried several from AS, CTF, DM, etc) from UT99>UT4 in 0.5.1 I get the "All done!" message, but progress is locked on 80% "Deleting temporary files." And will not finish. Any suggestions?
    Same thing happens to me everytime. I just went with it--everything seemed done and I have been able to convert maps successfully despite that message.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whenever I try to convert a map (I've tried several from AS, CTF, DM, etc) from UT99>UT4 in 0.5.1 I get the "All done!" message, but progress is locked on 80% "Deleting temporary files." And will not finish. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you looked into getting static mesh or terrain conversion? It seems like those are the last essential things that need to be in place for proper map conversion.

Originally posted by {MaC}hefer View Post
    Cafe, hello (we meet on irc channel saturday or yesterday).
    What up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chicken- View Post

If anybody figures out a way to scale the high-res textures properly let me know. If I use them in a map, they always come out scaled too large where-as the standard res works fine. I tried using math stuffs to convert the sizes and come up with a scaling # but it never worked out, best I could do was find a squarish box and play with the numbers and move the textures around till they short of look right but that's a lot of work to do on some maps.
    I experienced this problem as well when using hd textures.
    You need to rescale relatively all hdtextures.
    Shift + T select all surfaces matching same texture.

Try this:

Generally the relative scale is 0.25 but sometimes not ... better try 0.5 then you can apply again if still wrong scale making 0.5 relative scale change to 0.25, 0.125, ...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About huge light build time, first of all remove the "sky" brush (used in UT99, U1, U2, UT2004/UT2003) which sometimes is far away from main level part which makes the lightimportancevolume very large thus increasing greatly lightning time builds.
    Once the "sky brush" removed, shrink the lightimportance volume the level and build again, the light build time should be much better afterwards.
    I did try that first actually, for whatever reason this 1 map decided to be a pain and only changing the lightmap resolution made a difference in this case.

If anybody figures out a way to scale the high-res textures properly let me know. If I use them in a map, they always come out scaled too large where-as the standard res works fine. I tried using math stuffs to convert the sizes and come up with a scaling # but it never worked out, best I could do was find a squarish box and play with the numbers and move the textures around till they short of look right but that's a lot of work to do on some maps. The default textures just look so bad but aligned properly, whereas the extreme-end high-res ones actually look better than the stock epic textures in some cases but in order to resize and realign everything is a pain for some quick temp ports to play for now.

If I can get this texture thing figured out I can churn out a bunch of maps quickly.

Suggestion for UT3 convertor:
    A simple/brute way of converting some UT3 maps that has worked for me was this, at least it makes the map usable with BSP in place of where static meshes/blocking volumes would be. Perhaps you could experiment with automating this.
    Last edited by chicken-; 09-15-2015, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X