Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT4X Converter - 1.0.0 - [22/02/2020]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ

    The whole story was:
    First I tried 1.0.0 with umodel_win32 (2020-03-15) and it shows so slow that I stopped before the end. I checked with 0.9.1 and umodel_win32 (2018-09-15) (the last version I used and I know the reactivity) (I remember morbias conversion was around 3 minutes) and it works.

    second I tried again with 1.0.0 with and umodel_win32 (2018-09-15) until the end (slow but at the end there were no files in the convert folder
    try with 0.9.5 umodel_win32 (2018-09-15) and same thing no files in the convert folder.

    I have not really understand the fact that the files are missing (may be umodel version and UT4-converter versions have an issue) ?

    during this story, UT-converter 1.0.0 was on hard drive C:, UT3 on HD E: , UE4 and umodel on hard drive H:

    After that I removed all versions, unsinstall 1.0.0, reinstall 1.0.0 with umodel_win32 (2020-03-15) and it works but slowly (OK I've time actually we are confined at home ...)

    UT3 on HD E: , UT-converter, UE4 and umodel on hard drive H:

    Hope it is clear...

    My PC intel core i7 2600K...

    After conversion and importing without any changes the obj files there are UV mapping problems and It looks the terrain in heatray have some scale issues but I did not go in depht)

    Anyway really big thanks for the time you spend to develop this converter.

    Kindly Daniel

    Comment


      Hey user WinterIsComing did you test if level maps geometries are looking fine in Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo?

      Comment


        Hi all

        Just an old WIP of HeatRay with v0.9.1 and ported to unreal engine 4.21 (see HeatRay 1)

        My Workflow:
        1 Conversion with UT-Converter to unreal tournament (engine 4.15), importing into UT4 as described in the Morbias movie with some differences:
        I have no to do the fbx conversion as I get .obj files for the static meshes and I import the .obj files with import all and scale =1
        2 Ported from unreal tournament to unreal engine 4.15 using the migrate command (rigt click on a folder -> migrate)
        3 save the maps in UE 4.15
        4 migrate again to any UE engine (may some issues, not tested with version higher than 4.21)
        5 Post working to solve some issues, to get the right materials or to enhance unsing UE 4 features

        Main Issues:
        My workflow generates bad UV mapping and the world is a little too big for the UE mannequin (see HeatRay 4 scale and HeatRay after importing)
        The lights needs to be tweaked in order to get the right mood
        as mentionen in a previous post; for recent tests with version 1.0.0 the scale of the terrain is too large (tested with HeatRay) and the conversion process is much slower. (see HeatRay terrain scale)

        best
        Daniel
        Attached Files

        Comment


          Will you at least consider also only Jazz Jackrabbit 3 support just like you did with Unreal Tournament 4, please?

          Comment


            Hi ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ

            2 things

            1 - it seems that the conversion of land is limited to those having a size less than 256x256

            the conversion of dm-sanctuary from UT3 give me this warning



            2 - I've tried the UDK to UT4 command using UT4X-converter 1.0.0

            I use UDK-2010-10, last version with VCTF-Sandstorm level, level I tried to convert.

            when I start the conversion, I never had to give any reference to the .t3d file, and the ;3tD button is greyed out. In previous version (tested with 0.9.5) after clicking convert, I need to give the path to the .t3d file obtained by copy-paste from UDK to a text file.

            At the end of the conversion process, only the new .t3d file was written (below the log file).

            "
            16:30:09 746 - INFO - Writting log file C......\Documents\UT4X-Converter\Converted\VCTF-Sandstorm\conversion.log
            16:30:09 770 - INFO - *****************************************
            16:30:09 772 - INFO - Conversion of VCTF-Sandstorm.udk to Unreal Tournament 4
            16:30:09 773 - INFO - Scale Factor: 2.2
            16:30:09 774 - WARNING - Shader materials are not yet converted
            16:30:10 029 - INFO - Scanned 222 .upk files
            16:30:10 035 - INFO - Exporting VCTF-Sandstorm.udk LEVEL package (mode: Level t3d)
            16:30:58 838 - INFO - Converting t3d map PersistentLevel.t3d to Unreal Tournament 4 t3d level
            16:30:58 976 - INFO - 0 actors read
            16:30:58 977 - INFO - 0 converted actors
            16:30:58 996 - INFO - Written file VCTF-Sandstorm-UDK.t3d
            16:30:58 998 - INFO - Identifying staticmeshes textures

            16:30:59 001 - WARNING - Impossible de déplacer le fichier vers un lecteur de disque différent.

            16:30:59 467 - INFO - Map was succesfully converted to C.....\Documents\UT4X-Converter\Converted\VCTF-Sandstorm\VCTF-Sandstorm-UDK.t3d
            16:30:59 552 - INFO - * * * * * * * * I N S T R U C T I O N S * * * * * * * *

            .....
            "
            The warning in red (french) means Unable to move the file to a different disk drive.

            Any idea how I can go further ?

            Thanks in advance
            Best
            Dan
            Last edited by time_collapse; 04-04-2020, 11:06 AM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by time_collapse View Post
              Hi ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ

              2 things

              1 - it seems that the conversion of land is limited to those having a size less than 256x256

              the conversion of dm-sanctuary from UT3 give me this warning



              2 - I've tried the UDK to UT4 command using UT4X-converter 1.0.0

              I use UDK-2010-10, last version with VCTF-Sandstorm level, level I tried to convert.

              when I start the conversion, I never had to give any reference to the .t3d file, and the ;3tD button is greyed out. In previous version (tested with 0.9.5) after clicking convert, I need to give the path to the .t3d file obtained by copy-paste from UDK to a text file.

              At the end of the conversion process, only the new .t3d file was written (below the log file).

              "
              16:30:09 746 - INFO - Writting log file C......\Documents\UT4X-Converter\Converted\VCTF-Sandstorm\conversion.log
              16:30:09 770 - INFO - *****************************************
              16:30:09 772 - INFO - Conversion of VCTF-Sandstorm.udk to Unreal Tournament 4
              16:30:09 773 - INFO - Scale Factor: 2.2
              16:30:09 774 - WARNING - Shader materials are not yet converted
              16:30:10 029 - INFO - Scanned 222 .upk files
              16:30:10 035 - INFO - Exporting VCTF-Sandstorm.udk LEVEL package (mode: Level t3d)
              16:30:58 838 - INFO - Converting t3d map PersistentLevel.t3d to Unreal Tournament 4 t3d level
              16:30:58 976 - INFO - 0 actors read
              16:30:58 977 - INFO - 0 converted actors
              16:30:58 996 - INFO - Written file VCTF-Sandstorm-UDK.t3d
              16:30:58 998 - INFO - Identifying staticmeshes textures

              16:30:59 001 - WARNING - Impossible de déplacer le fichier vers un lecteur de disque différent.

              16:30:59 467 - INFO - Map was succesfully converted to C.....\Documents\UT4X-Converter\Converted\VCTF-Sandstorm\VCTF-Sandstorm-UDK.t3d
              16:30:59 552 - INFO - * * * * * * * * I N S T R U C T I O N S * * * * * * * *

              .....
              "
              The warning in red (french) means Unable to move the file to a different disk drive.

              Any idea how I can go further ?

              Thanks in advance
              Best
              Dan
              Maybe try to export this level map from UDK 2015 instead of UDK 2010 instead? I don't know.

              Comment


                Hi Gamerz31w

                Thanks for the advice but all UDK all versions later than version 10-10 no longer contain the Sandstorm Map.
                cheers
                Dan

                Comment


                  So is this map available in UDK 2009?

                  Comment


                    Hi
                    I suppose for the UDK3 version before 2010 sandstorm will be present, but not checked.
                    best Dan

                    Comment


                      Hey user WinterIsComing! Are you interested in adding Valorant to list of your UT4Converter tool? It's Riot Games new arena shooter I hope this game won't end up like Unreal Tournament 4,Radical Heights,Jazz Jackrabbit 3. Because speaking of data mining just like in case of Fortnite(this game is not like Minecraft when you can easily and freely mod the game) level maps it won't be easy to extract them or Epic Games won't allow it.

                      Comment


                        Hi, i'm not working on converter right now. Sometimes you just no longer want to code and do something else ...
                        Maybe in a couple of weeks/months who knows ...
                        I do not plan to support other games and add major features in the program.
                        Next versions will be focused on fixes or add slight improvements.

                        @Gamerz maybe try to execute program in administrator mode, maybe you have some file in some protected folder (?). Normally no since the converter generates files in C:/Users/<XXX>/Document/UT4X-Converter

                        @Time_collaps yes terrain is limited to 256X256 for the moment. I plan to add >256X256 support later if possible.
                        yes uv mapping bad sometimes since converter can't convert "shaders" so it's using the closest material possible which might not have the same scale ...
                        Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 04-19-2020, 10:14 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by time_collapse View Post
                          Hi all

                          Just an old WIP of HeatRay with v0.9.1 and ported to unreal engine 4.21 (see HeatRay 1)

                          My Workflow:
                          1 Conversion with UT-Converter to unreal tournament (engine 4.15), importing into UT4 as described in the Morbias movie with some differences:
                          I have no to do the fbx conversion as I get .obj files for the static meshes and I import the .obj files with import all and scale =1
                          2 Ported from unreal tournament to unreal engine 4.15 using the migrate command (rigt click on a folder -&gt; migrate)
                          3 save the maps in UE 4.15
                          4 migrate again to any UE engine (may some issues, not tested with version higher than 4.21)
                          5 Post working to solve some issues, to get the right materials or to enhance unsing UE 4 features

                          Main Issues:
                          My workflow generates bad UV mapping and the world is a little too big for the UE mannequin (see HeatRay 4 scale and HeatRay after importing)
                          The lights needs to be tweaked in order to get the right mood
                          as mentionen in a previous post; for recent tests with version 1.0.0 the scale of the terrain is too large (tested with HeatRay) and the conversion process is much slower. (see HeatRay terrain scale)

                          best
                          Daniel

                          Hi,

                          I actually worked on this map some years ago (PhysX variant - here ) and have the following remarks to your points:

                          1) Run UModel directly on the map file and use other options in UModel, such as using UNCOMPRESSED *.TGA files, GLTF 2.0, and run an import/export loop out of 3DMAX using the Scripts by Gildor here if you have the chance to run PSK/PSKX conversions, this is the best way to do it. It is also advisable to use the 'uncompressed UE3 file name structure' inside of UModel.
                          IF you prefer the OBJ files, then you can bulk convert them using Autodesk FBX Convertor here, and to make the output conform to FBX 2013, as this tends to be extra stable, I've found.
                          There is another choice for you regarding exporting out of the engine, and that would be to use UDK, and, import all of the folders/packages into it. Once there, you should be able to select ALL objects in a map inside of UT3 Editor, and simply paste them into UDK. From there, you can run the same trick, but using an EXPORT AS OBJ option, which you THEN could bring into 3DMAX, and run an Unreal Datasmith conversion for unreal engine 4.XX - but these are just options/paths you could take.

                          2) See (1)
                          3) See (1)
                          4) See (1)
                          5) See (1)

                          Your Issues:

                          Bad UV...flatten inside a 3D modelling tool...but the scale, I think I used 2.14637895 as my scale, that felt right to me, the slides made corners just fine. Try 2.0 and work up from there on the env.

                          Lighting...soften the lights by using a larger size of lights, which is actually better for low-fog/humid env. That will punch through the rain nicely.

                          Terrain...if memory serves, the terrain is actually 3 'bits' and these are waaaaaaaaaay better exported as FBX/OBJ for the interior sections, and the basic road and mortar hole, just use a very simple strip along that section, with another much smaller one for the hole, and then basic flat meshes/BSP for the area behind those buildings at the end of the road, beyond the navigable area for the player. As it uses such a basic material instance, the perf cost is very low.

                          The animation of the characters is possible to export btw (the hologram etc) and import the PSA into UDK and then export as an FBX, run a conversion in FBX convertor, and it become importable into UE 4.xx quite easily.
                          Maps:

                          DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

                          DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

                          Comment


                            It's good to see you're still about ШιητεЯ! And on behalf of the players.. Thank you.
                            That was enjoyable indeed Mitch!
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

                            Comment


                              Hi Mitch

                              thank you far all your informations and advices. I'll test your proposed workflow for the exports during my next conversions experiences.

                              2 years ago I have planned to make several map conversions and to fix once and for all the problems I had, I've extracted using umodel all packages (ASC, HU, LT, NEC...) from UDK and UT3. Convert the meshes using 3DSmax from pskx to fbx, extract the textures and create the related materials based on these used in the UDK or UT3It was a long work but now I have the packages in the UE 4 format. Now I have these packages available as assets for UE4 (so far I can use it in all UE4 versions I've tested)
                              Further I convert the maps using the UT4-converter.
                              - First Import sounds, materials and meshes (import directly the .obj created by the UT4-converter) in Unreal Tournamant, and create the MAP using .t3d import.
                              - Second migrate to UE 4.15 and then migrate to any other UE engine version.

                              Then I replace all meshes from the conversion by the meshes from the converted packages

                              Still have to work on BSP, lights and scale issues. For the terrain in Heat Ray, I created one from scratch.

                              For the moment, all conversion work is pending.

                              Actually I'm looking how I can port Bungies Marathon to UE4 https://alephone.lhowon.org/


                              Not choosen if I use the FPS (only arms) or a FPS-TPS approach
                              I use the UT4 pistol and linkgun and the TPP character from unreal tournament4 (modeling will be in the futur)

                              I'm hard working on the animations, weapon switching and firing.

                              See some early screenshots below

                              best
                              Daniel
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ View Post
                                Hi, i'm not working on converter right now. Sometimes you just no longer want to code and do something else ...
                                Maybe in a couple of weeks/months who knows ...
                                I do not plan to support other games and add major features in the program.
                                Next versions will be focused on fixes or add slight improvements.

                                @Gamerz maybe try to execute program in administrator mode, maybe you have some file in some protected folder (?). Normally no since the converter generates files in C:/Users/<XXX>/Document/UT4X-Converter

                                @Time_collaps yes terrain is limited to 256X256 for the moment. I plan to add >256X256 support later if possible.
                                yes uv mapping bad sometimes since converter can't convert "shaders" so it's using the closest material possible which might not have the same scale ...
                                Okay I'll try in the newer version.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X