X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by time_collapse View Post
    Hi ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ

Thanx for continuing the development of UT4X-converter, thats really great news

1.0.0 conversion, umodel_win32 (2020-03-15)
    - the overall process is much slower than 0.9.1,

Kindly
    Daniel
    Thank you !

I've done some tests, it's indeed much slower (about 5:30 min on my CPU Ryzen 7 3800X for DM-Heatray on 1.0.0 vs about 1:30 on 0.9.5 )
    Seems 4X slower.
    I have no idea why, i will dig into this problem when i will have some time.
    Ty for report.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ

Thanx for continuing the development of UT4X-converter, thats really great news

UPDATED NEW TESTS

Recently my interest for UT3 to UT4 is back. I've downloaded the v1.0.0 of the converter and just tried some map conversion.

0.9.1 conversion umodel_win32 (2018-09-15)
    - a few minutes
    - 3 folders, Sound, StaticMesh, Texture and a new .t3d file
    - sound: .wav format
    - mesh in the .obj format

1.0.0 conversion, umodel_win32 (2020-03-15)
    - the overall process is much slower than 0.9.1,
    DM HeatRay 41 minutes
    DM Morbias 36 minutes
    - 3 folders, Sound, StaticMesh, Texture and a new .t3d file
    - sound: .wav format
    - mesh in the .obj format

For some file vanishing problems, I've removed all older version and reintall version 1.0.0, since no file vanishing observed.

Kindly
    Daniel
    Last edited by time_collapse; 03-26-2020, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo powered by Unreal Engine 1 speaking of this level map geometry something went wrong with coordinates position.

You really should consider in future to make your converting tool having support at least for some cancelled games powered by Unreal Engine only.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For models, maybe. For the moment i'm working on terrain conversion for unreal 2 / ut2004 / ut3 games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will you consider in future to support model converting...etc.?
    I also have problems with importing udk assets to ue4 can you help fixing it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMe0Om4MQMg&app=desktop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Main purpose of this program is to convert old Unreal (2) (Tournament) maps to UT4 . Since these games share the same engine as UT, you might try this tool for these games. It might work good or not but probably not
    since folder structure might be different and unreal map to .t3d exporter binary missing or having different name. (ucc.exe in Unreal 1 / Unreal Tournament).

No support of these games is planned at all and it won't be.
    Last edited by ШιητεЯΙsСσmιηɡ; 01-18-2020, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So will this tool be supporting these Unreal Engine games?
    Adventure Pinball: Forgotten Island,Clive Barker's Undying,Deus Ex,Disney's Brother Bear,Dr. Brain: Action Reaction,Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone,Mobile Forces,Nerf Arena Blast,Rune 1,Rune: Viking Warlord,Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Fallen,Star Trek: The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard,Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror,The Wheel of Time,Unreal 1,Unreal Tournament 1999,Unreal 2,Unreal Tournament 2003,Unreal Tournament 2004,UDK->Unreal Tournament 3(already supported),Jazz Jackrabbit 3(also cancelled),X-COM: Alliance,X-COM: Enforcer,Advent Rising,America's Army: Rise of a Soldier,BioShock,BioShock 2,Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood,Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30,Brothers In Arms: D-Day,Brothers In Arms: Double Time,Dead Man's Hand,Deus Ex: Invisible War,Devastation,EOS Online,Exteel,Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,I Am Alive,Killing Floor,Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green,Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events,Lineage II,Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds,Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata,Men of Valor: Vietnam,Open Season,Pariah,Postal 2,Priston Tale 2,Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World,Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45,Red Steel,Shrek 2,Shadow Ops: Red Mercury,Shark Tale,Star Wars: Republic Commando,Surf's Up,SWAT 4,The Chronicles of Spellborn,Thief: Deadly Shadows,Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2,Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter,Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield,Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell,The Regiment,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow,Tribes: Vengeance,Unreal Championship,Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict,Vanguard: Saga of Heroes,Warpath,World War II Combat: Road to Berlin,World War II Combat: Iwo Jima,XIII,Abyss Odyssey,Adam's Venture,Crash Time: Autobahn Pursuit,Duke Nukem Forever,Afterfall: InSanity,A Hat in Time,Alien Breed Evolution,Area 51,Alien Breed 2: Assault,Deus Ex 3 : Insurrection(possibly it could be powered by Unreal Engine 3,but this was cancelled),Alien Breed 3: Descent,Crash Time III,Aliens: Colonial Marines,Unreal Engine/Editor 2.24 or newer,Alice: Madness Returns,Alien Rage,Alliance of Valiant Arms,Alpha Protocol,All Zombies Must Die!,America's Army 3.0,America's Army (v4.0) : Proving Ground,American McGee's Grimm,Angels Fall First: Planetstorm,Antichamber,Jazz Jackrabbit ios kismet demo tutorial,APB: All Points Bulletin,ARC Squadron,Army of Two,Army of Two: The 40th Day,Ascent: Infinite Realm,Assassin's Creed Chronicles,Asura's Wrath,Batman: Arkham Asylum,Batman: Arkham City,Batman: Arkham City Lockdown,Batman: Arkham Origins,Batman: Arkham Knight,Battleborn,Betrayer,BioShock Infinite,Black College Football: BCFX: The Xperience,Black Knight Sword,Blacklight: Tango Down,Blacklight: Retribution,BlackSite: Area 51,Blackwater,Bless Online,Bloodforge,Borderlands,Borderlands 2,Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel,Borderlands: The Handsome Collection,Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons,Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway,Bulletstorm,Butterfly Sword Online,CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars,Chicken Coup,Chivalry: Medieval Warfare,Choplifter HD,Combat Arms: Line of Sight,Contrast,Crimecraft,D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die,Damnation,Dark Void,Day One: Garry's Incident,DC Universe Online,Deadfall Adventures,Deadlight,Deadpool,Demons Score,Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon,Devil's Third,Diabolical Pitch,Dishonored,DmC: Devil May Cry,The Deadly Tower of Monsters,Dreamscape,Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock,Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale,Dungeon Defenders,DUST 514,Dirty Bomb,Drakengard 3,Earth No More,El Chavo Kart,Enslaved: Odyssey to the West,Fable Anniversary,Fable: The Journey,Fairytale Fights,Fatal Inertia,Flashback,Forge,Frontlines: Fuel of War,Fury,Game of Thrones,Game Party Champions,Gears of War 1,Gears of War 2,Gears of War 3,Gears of War: Judgment,Get Even,Gigantic,Global Agenda. Anyway Duke Nukem Forever development started in late 90's and ended in 2010's.
    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 01-17-2020, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you look at for how long the UE3 engine has been in development (From around 2003), which is when the conflict with take-two started, then you can indeed confirm with the facts I have given it's made with UE3.

While the engine may be right and DNF has been heavily updated up to as modern as 2011, it still has an older folder structure, older then the name UDK exists (they wouldn't have switched engine in the release year again lol).

Roboblitz uses the oldest UE3 and is on Windows, The folder structure of that game may be older than both UT3 black and DNF, if this is true, DNF is between UE3 version 2306 and UE3 version 3809, if this is false DNF is UE3 < version 2306.

This information is useful to get the editor ever working, however, wouldn't it be interesting to see the UE1 version of DNF?
    Last edited by kevincrans; 01-17-2020, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I heard CEO of Slipgate Ironworks Frederick Schreiber wanted to at least make a mod for Duke Nukem Forever, but Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford disallowed him due to something like ruining reputation of his company something like that. So I guess Duke Nukem 4 was made in UDK 2011. Mystery of unknown ue3 version has been solved for now on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Happy new year ШιητεЯ and Gamerz31w!

You could be right, because it reacts differently when putting "editor" as argument, which is behavior similar to UE3 games, however, it starts the game instead, and in a different mode with a splash screen. It gives me errors.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DNFEditor.png Views:	0 Size:	847.6 KB ID:	407899
    Click image for larger version  Name:	010820DNFError.png Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	407900
    Anyway, You're close to right about this being UE3, or it's just an early version of UE2 and maybe updated to pre-UE3.
    It also supports 4K which probably requires Directx 9, the latest version UE3 supports.
    The console edition and PC edition released around the same time (2011-2012).

On this site in a similar list (http://infogalactic.com/info/List_of...l_Engine_games), Duke Nukem Forever get's referred to as UT(99) Build 613, New Legends for XBOX is also listed as UT Build 613.
    I might check that out in the future, but since Duke Nukem Forever (2011) is probably more advanced than UE1, this is outdated information.
    Either New Legends is the game with the newest version of UE1 (and DFN prototype) and the newer games where using older versions, or at least a beta of DFN and New Legends are the earliest utilizing UE2.
    The folder structure looks more like UE2 and not like UE3/4 at all, so it's definitely UE2 which also looks impressive!

I don't think we'll get a prototype, so I have to dig in Xbox files, but there is a DNF release trailer in 2007, there is leaked gameplay and you don't know what you might find.

Wait a minute, yay UT4 converter is already at 0.9.5!

That's impressive, the progress is going really fast.

What where the historical changes in 0.9.4, I might have missed it.

However, I'm immediately gonna try it out!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kevincrans; 01-08-2020, 02:59 PM. Reason: I've proved it's UE2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I found only one bsp hole in testing AS-BP2-ACATANA level map in Unreal Tournament 4 editor. Well okay let me mention the other pc games powered by Unreal Engine.
    I guess this is the full list of all games made in Unreal Engine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Engine_games
    Do you think that unknown version of Duke Nukem Forever was just Unreal Engine 3?
    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 12-28-2019, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems I forgot to reply, super thanks for the new build! now BSP holes are fixed, levels finally appear near the same as in UE1! I hope you'll do mesh conversion in the future, so they can be automatically converted into meshes instead of disabled. Still I'm super happy with these new builds! Gamerz31w, I got no idea what you are talking about, because it would be better if he improved the fundamentals of the converter, to support every Unreal game in general instead of individually, however UE4 is a complex engine, thus that and Xbox cooked maps conversion will be difficult. But HP2 conversion is indeed easier since I pointed him the source code and with that, other games will be easier to convert as well. Still it already worked with the t3d of a custom editor (Unworld).
    Last edited by kevincrans; 12-27-2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: added a pause

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah update of your tool is finally available. Why it's again UT4 converter version 0.9.2 what happened with version 0.9.3? Okay I downloaded version 0.9.3 of UT4 Converter. Anyway are you planning ARK : Survival Evolved,Dark and Light,Fortnite(even if it's risky and might end up with lawsuits),LawBreakers,Radical Heights,Unreal Engine 4.24,Unreal Funhouse VR,Robo Recall,Batallion 1944,Mars 2030,Hello Neighbor,Jazz Jackrabbit 3,Jazz Jackrabbit ios(optionally),Squad, Bus Simulator 2018,PixARK,Rad Rodgers World One,Spyro Reingnited Trilogy,Unreal Championship 1,Unreal Championship 2,Harry Potter 1,Harry Potter 2,Harry Potter 3,Rise of Triad(2013),Deus Ex 1,Deus Ex 2?
    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 12-24-2019, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    0.9.3 download: previous post, click on link.
    Program convert maps to UT4 specifically not UE4.23. As said earlier, 4.23+ support is planned in some future.
    For import, instructions are given within the program UI after conversion is done The second video is pretty good as well maybe a bit outdated.
    When I'll have some time I'll do some proper detailled documentation or new tutorial video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems I have crash window. Here's what popped up(it seems to be just some error,right?)I mean occured after I tried to import AS_Frigate map from Unreal Tournament 1999 to Unreal Engine/Editor 4.24. Anyway where's this UT4 Converter 0.9.3? I mean in your github website there's only UT4 Converter 0.9.2 instead. You said in that video that this tool is not able(also not converting all actors because your tool is still in development,yet)to convert all static meshes of maps. Anyway which method of importing maps to ut4 editor should I follow? Because there's also another video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7EYKHg27M
    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 12-12-2019, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X