Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to import level (Level was made in a newer version of the engine?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unable to import level (Level was made in a newer version of the engine?)



    I think the error speaks for itself, but I'll give some background info.
    The level that I placed in the UT folder was a level that was made with Unreal Engine 4.7.6.
    When trying to open the level in the most recent version of the UT editor this error pops up.

    Any clue what it could be?

    Thanks in advance.

    William Praat
    Attached Files

    #2
    Are you using the release branch?

    Comment


      #3
      Could you please elaborate? I never heard of release branch if I am being honest.

      Comment


        #4
        Are you using the launcher editor or GIT?

        Comment


          #5
          Ohhh, I think I know what the problem might be. UT doesn't use the standard Unreal engine, it uses a custom version. If the version numbers aren't the same you'll get that error. One thing you can try to do is open it up in the old version and just copy and paste it into a blank map of the new version. That might be the easiest and fastest way, there are other ways that I know of but they will probably take more time.

          Comment


            #6
            If you mean opening it in an older version of the UT editor, how do I get an older version?

            Opening the level in an older version of Unreal Engine (4.5 or something) gives errors and won't display the level.

            Comment


              #7
              You can't open backwards unless you're using a source editor.

              Change the engine version to 0. Search my posts, I've posted about this in the past.

              Comment


                #8
                I guess I should have been more specific. What I meant was to open the map in the version of the editor that it was originally saved in, then copy and paste the brushes into a blank map on the version you wish to use.

                Or do it properly as Raxxy said. Or just wait for 4.8 and it will resolve itself.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                  You can't open backwards unless you're using a source editor.

                  Change the engine version to 0. Search my posts, I've posted about this in the past.
                  https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post155240

                  Did a search and, amazingly, this was the post that didn't come up. But one of the posts that did come up linked to the thread. Eh.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    oh. ****ty search then

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Biggest problem with search is if you use multiple words that doesn't narrow the search down like you might expect. It increases the results because it finds all posts with any of the words. It'd be a lot better if besides searching for any of the words there were additional options to search for all of the words and exact phrases too.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                        Biggest problem with search is if you use multiple words that doesn't narrow the search down like you might expect. It increases the results because it finds all posts with any of the words. It'd be a lot better if besides searching for any of the words there were additional options to search for all of the words and exact phrases too.
                        I searched for "change engine version to 0" with Raxxy as the username and it only gave 4 threads as results. Considering it appears to have searched for 'to' and '0', you'd think it would show every post Raxxy ever made. :P

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Okay, so I have tried to follow these instructions:

                          Compile an editor with an engine version of 0 (UnrealTournament\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h)
                          #define ENGINE_VERSION 0
                          #define BUILT_FROM_CHANGELIST 0

                          But such location is not available, even when hidden folders are visible.

                          Also, I am not using source control
                          Last edited by WilliamPraat; 06-15-2015, 08:46 AM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by WilliamPraat View Post
                            Okay, so I have tried to follow these instructions:

                            Compile an editor with an engine version of 0 (UnrealTournament\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h)
                            #define ENGINE_VERSION 0
                            #define BUILT_FROM_CHANGELIST 0

                            But such location is not available, even when hidden folders are visible.

                            Also, I am not using source control

                            Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                            You can't open backwards unless you're using a source editor.

                            If the file doesn't exist, you're not using the source editor.


                            Just wait a week for UT to get updated, it will be on 4.8 once it does.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Any news on the update of UT 4.8?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X