The potential of UT Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The potential of UT Maps

Hello dear UT lovers, i'm here tday to discuss one important element about maps. in my opinion, it would be better if we added more player activated traps and mechanisms in the maps cause a)it will add strategic depth to the maps. 2) possibilities for more fun and creative frags. 3) it will provide variation and liveliness to the gameplay. forcefields. lava and acid pits. whatever you can imagine.

another idea i have about maps is that we could hide certain easter eggs that will reveal a bit info about the ut universe and wil make the maps more relatable to the story and the player himself.

finally, i think that having unlockables ( that will become available after some achievements or gathering certain bonuses) like turrets in a map could further enhance the strategic depth of the game.

i honestly hope someone of the developing team shares his/her valuable opinion on these comments. have a great day.

I think environmental hazards are great fun in maps. Or triggered ones, like DM-Pressure from UT99. I agree here.

Easter eggs are also nice, if they are not to obstructive to the gameplay. But I think this point, and the previous one are up to the personal taste of indiviual mapcreators.

The third point, I'm not really sure of. A strength of UT in my opinion is the fact that everyone starts of with equal chances. Being able to unlock (or can I say, have a 'level' in the RPG sense of the word) feels strange. Of course, cosmetic unlocks could be cool.

Comment

I love EASTER EGGS!

Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

Originally posted by Basalt View Post
        I think environmental hazards are great fun in maps. Or triggered ones, like DM-Pressure from UT99. I agree here.

Easter eggs are also nice, if they are not to obstructive to the gameplay. But I think this point, and the previous one are up to the personal taste of indiviual mapcreators.

The third point, I'm not really sure of. A strength of UT in my opinion is the fact that everyone starts of with equal chances. Being able to unlock (or can I say, have a 'level' in the RPG sense of the word) feels strange. Of course, cosmetic unlocks could be cool.

how else can we boost the strategic depth of the game. other two ideas of mine are the timer of pickups to be unloackable for the best player of the round. and to have certain neutral regions were you get pentalty if you frag someone while he is in that somewhat narrow space/ region.

Comment

Working...
        X