PIE crash work around (June 26th build) - HOTFIX NOW ON LAUCHER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIE crash work around (June 26th build) - HOTFIX NOW ON LAUCHER

The current launcher version of the editor crashes when you try to play in editor. The current work around is;
    • Navigate to the UE4Editor location (should be 'Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\Engine\Binaries\Win64')
    • Open up UE4Editor.exe
    • Open the UT project when prompted to select a project

This may however take longer to open than via the editor portal, but it seems to load everything correctly.

tried several time this dosent work for me. editor loads to 45% then stops responding. waited 40min and nothing.
    AKA TwocensT

Comment

Not crazy about the 4.8 update. In addition to the PIE crash, the editor hangs every time I try to build paths.

Trying to open via the alternate method you're proposing in the OP here, but I've been sitting at 72% of the load of Unrealed for over a half hour and have no reason to think that it's going to complete.

Comment

If it's taking a long time to load, check Task Manager for any ShaderCompileWorker processes. If there are some, it's building shaders, just wait.

Comment

ShaderCompilerWorker is indeed running. Will post again if the editor loads.

Comment

why not try to remove all your content first and load it back a little at a time...(packages before maps)

Instead of having it compile 350+ assets, + the new broken references, + changes to health vials and pickups and all your content.

p.s Nav building seems messed up, textures are still messed up, no enforcer in example map...
            Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
              Not crazy about the 4.8 update. In addition to the PIE crash, the editor hangs every time I try to build paths.
              Have you tried deleting all 3 "nav" actors, rebuilding and saving, then make a new bounding box and rebuilding again?

I haven't finished downloading the editor update yet but that's always worked for me in the past when it was crashing while building navigation.

Comment

wow so after 50 min waiting for the unreal editor to compile. it opened. and I browsed to the project file and selected the editor and it quickly closed out and it lunched the unrealtourniment editor stuck at 72% but its compiling so we will see where that leads us...
                Last edited by platnumspider; 06-26-2015, 08:45 PM.
                AKA TwocensT

Comment

The UnrealTournament editor has loaded. Still has 7000 shaders to compile though. PIE does work, too afraid to test the navigation yet, will do so after the shaders are done.

Comment

Shaders are compiled, PIE still working, navigation still causes the editor to balloon to 9gb of page file and then hang.

I tried your recommendation, Mox, no luck.

Comment

Just crashes constantly with PIE, and most of the previous bugs are back.
                      Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Finally got the editor downloaded...

PIE crashes for me too but not having any other problems yet, building maps with no problems. Navmesh builds fine too, if anything the navmesh looks slightly better (goes into alcoves, nooks and crannies and across uneven surfaces a little better than before).

Maybe the navmesh building crashes others are reporting are related to available resources? Less memory, drive space or something? For reference I have Core i5 4690, 8G DDR3 1600, 35G free on my C: SSD (where compiled shaders go) and 53G on the HDD where the editor is installed.

It is giving errors on all my UTLiftExits and a couple 25 health packs, none of which generated errors in the old version. That's probably not a big deal, the bots never did use the liftexits that are there for liftjumps and would walk on/off the lifts properly at other places even when there where no liftexits at all in the map. The 25 health packs are just a couple in spots that are easy enough for players to navigate, and do have navmesh under them, but might be a little awkward for the pathing code to figure out.

Still pak'ing (taking a while) so I can check if the rebuilt map will load. None of my old 4.7 paks will load in the game now, looks like all custom maps are going to have to be rebuilt. Will update if it loads in game or not once pak'ing finishes.
                        Last edited by MoxNix; 06-26-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Finished pak'ing... The map loads and plays in game fine, even shows up in the custom map list so there's no need to load from the console either.

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                            It is giving errors on all my UTLiftExits and a couple 25 health packs, none of which generated errors in the old version. That's probably not a big deal, the bots never did use the liftexits that are there for liftjumps and would walk on/off the lifts properly at other places even when there where no liftexits at all in the map. The 25 health packs are just a couple in spots that are easy enough for players to navigate, and do have navmesh under them, but might be a little awkward for the pathing code to figure out.
                            LiftExits currently need to be close enough to the navmesh to link to it, even if they're for jumps. However you don't need to do LiftExits at all for standard walking exits anymore in most cases, the path builder figures it out by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                              Finally got the editor downloaded...

PIE crashes for me too but not having any other problems yet, building maps with no problems. Navmesh builds fine too, if anything the navmesh looks slightly better (goes into alcoves, nooks and crannies and across uneven surfaces a little better than before).

Maybe the navmesh building crashes others are reporting are related to available resources? Less memory, drive space or something? For reference I have Core i5 4690, 8G DDR3 1600, 35G free on my C: SSD (where compiled shaders go) and 53G on the HDD where the editor is installed.

Still pak'ing (taking a while) so I can check if the rebuilt map will load. None of my old 4.7 paks will load in the game now, looks like all custom maps are going to have to be rebuilt. Will update if it loads in game or not once pak'ing finishes.
                              Don't think it's related to that. I have 16gb DDR3 and 315gb free on the disk, with a core i5 3750k.

Bots do use liftexits for jumps, but they seem to have a very poor assessment of what constitutes a jump they can complete. The bots don't even attempt jumps that are hard for a human, and will often either not attempt or attempt and fail most jumps that are anything other than trivial.

Comment

Working...
                              X