Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollback Versions?

Decided to do some work after 3 weeks.
    Waited patiently for the updates through the launcher.
    Can't play in editor.

Is there a way to get the 5/28 build back, without the long Github/VS install?

Thanks.
    Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Can't join a server either.

Comment

There should be an option in the launcher to update when everything works correctly.

It shouldn't be forced.

Comment

... and wasn't it great they dropped this on a Friday afternoon! ... now, we got to go all weekend further delaying our projects!

... and to further annoy us, lets mess up the servers too so all maps need to be re-cooked but you cant because we screwed up the editor too! lol <---- lets avoid this again by not releasing updates on a Thurs or Fri!
        http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
        http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
          Can't join a server either.
          Uncheck the "Hide unresponsive servers" or whatever. Should work, I believe.
          ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
          CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
          , Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
            ... and wasn't it great they dropped this on a Friday afternoon! ... now, we got to go all weekend further delaying our projects!

... and to further annoy us, lets mess up the servers too so all maps need to be re-cooked but you cant because we screwed up the editor too! lol <---- lets avoid this again by not releasing updates on a Thurs or Fri!
            I had everything done in a level I was going to release, just had to rebuild a few things... now it's on hold until I can get everything working again. >.<

Comment

Did a long install. (Github & Visual Studio)

Play in editor seems to be working.

~Rich

EDIT: After cutting and pasting hours of mesh work from one version of the editor to another, I was able to play the map.
              But now....a simple asset duplication (Alt+LMB+Drag) causes a fatal error. Yay.
              Last edited by ~SPECTRE~; 06-29-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Currently there is no way for end users to roll back the version they have installed. When the update button populates currently you have the option to click it or not. You can still go to the .exe on disk and launch the editor from there avoiding any "forced" updates.

We're still in a "pre-alpha" state we appreciate your patience as we work on getting a fix out for the PIE crash.

Comment

Originally posted by RZE View Post
                  Currently there is no way for end users to roll back the version they have installed. When the update button populates currently you have the option to click it or not. You can still go to the .exe on disk and launch the editor from there avoiding any "forced" updates.

We're still in a "pre-alpha" state we appreciate your patience as we work on getting a fix out for the PIE crash.
                  Thanks for the update, it's definitely appreciated. I can understand others' frustration (myself included), but pre-alpha is pre-alpha. A PIE bug just means I focus on meshing more until the next build.
                  DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                    Thanks for the update, it's definitely appreciated. I can understand others' frustration (myself included), but pre-alpha is pre-alpha. A PIE bug just means I focus on meshing more until the next build.

And if the next build is a month away?
                    PIE is essential for testing without having to compile, cook, and pak every time. (but even doing that crashed the game)

I realize that this bug is "pre-alpha", but wouldn't it be much easier to put the build on a few non-dev machines to test before it's released?

And thank you, EPIC, for the quick turn around on the PIE fix.

Comment

To be honest, I'd much rather have had the texture alignment bug fixed than the PIE crash bug. The PIE bug really didn't affect me much in the first place, I rarely use it anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                      X