No announcement yet.

Maps are really, really big?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I dunno, I always liked smaller maps but I think most are fine in UT4 right now. Probably has to do with the overly effective projectile weapons which makes fighting in really tight quarters no fun.

Comment

Hmm, i was talking about DM maps, but ctf maps are also big I agree, takes alot of teleporting to get to other side!

Comment

For me the big maps for DM are the unique selling point for this game. I was going to start a thread saying make more maps like DM-SldCastle and DM-Temple as those two maps in there current state are strong maps. They feel fresh and new but classic old-skool at the same time while the smaller maps feel boxy, same-old generic shooter content.

Comment

Originally posted by DJswirlyAlien View Post
          For me the big maps for DM are the unique selling point for this game. I was going to start a thread saying make more maps like DM-SldCastle and DM-Temple as those two maps in there current state are strong maps. They feel fresh and new but classic old-skool at the same time while the smaller maps feel boxy, same-old generic shooter content.
          Temple is my favourite of the stock DM maps, after that SidCastle and Cannon are next for larger maps, ASDF and NickTest for smaller maps.

Comment

Definitely. Hate the big maps. Suppose you have this really huge, complex, multistoried, maze-like map for a 16 player (T)DM game. You spawn at random, and you might end up searching out an opponent for half a minute. Kinda kills the flow right there. Small, well-designed close quarter maps allow for terrific gameplay and flow. And for CTF, making a map bigger just too make it more difficult to cap quickly is just lazy design.

Comment

Agreed 100%

Comment

Agreed 100%

Comment

Working...
                X