No announcement yet.

DM-Broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to second Nato here. I see a lot of skill in the environment art but no user tests of the layout. If you want this map to meet success, make sure you put the effort in its guts first -> the layout.

You can get awesome, unexpected and most useful feedback by providing a playable version, even if you consider it early / too early. There is a reason Epic goes through BSP first
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Thanks, guys! I had absolutely no time at all to make any maps so I had a little 'break' however now I am back and motivated to finish this. (**** I also need to finish something I stupidly started in the other game...)

Sorry for not being able to respond: I had important exams and projects. Now I have one week off and I intend to work on the map as much as possible. I will keep in mind that posting early layout is a go however the layout is a flexible thing and some places are unfinished... Its' not that I don't listen to you guys, I just don't want to release something that looks like its been just started and so chaotic...

I have been working on materials and models and most importantly trying to figure out the layout of the map.
      Here is some rough 3d sketch and the roof model.
      Attached Files
      For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Good to see you back at it ConradJustin! Keep it Up!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Im happy too! Some screenies (still super rough but hopefully you can now see where this is going) for you:

The most unclear layout ever. This might be by far the most complex map I have ever tried making.

This is a dark alley

And this would be a deadly ledge (don't worry! I will put some railings here and there... )

This blue blocky thing is supposed to imitate waterfall .... Don't hate me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Much more clear now...
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks really awesome man, keep it up, I'm eager to walk around on this map

What do the colors mean btw in your layout pic?
              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

your website is dead... pls paste a url to your tutorials
                https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
                https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
                  What do the colors mean btw in your layout pic?
                  I'm gonna guess they imply height, so you can calculate at a glance how much of your map is at a particular height.
                  Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Ai ai...

The colors actually were different heights however the map will be kind of complex so such top-down view with colors is never good preview... I have been working on the models and drawing a little lately! Here are the models screen from 3dsMax:

I will post drawings and more clear layout sketches so you can understand it.. The layout is finished. Now I am fixing collision and meshing the map .

Designer:
                    The website is dead? ...Server just likes to restart and crash. My brother should fix that problem (I hope)
                    I don't rly have tutorials on the YT channel. I think of myself as a beginner so I didn't make any yet. I posted some tutorials (text)on a different forum for a different engine though...

Masz co konkretnego na mysli, przyjacielu? Zebralem juz nieco doswiadczenia i moglbym zrobic tutorial. Powiedz tylko co by Ciebie zainteresowalo!

Attached Files
                    Last edited by ConradJustin; 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Really looking forward to this one too, looks great

p.s.: you got mail
                      WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                      Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

so awesome work! My favorite mapmaker
                        https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
                        https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Awesome concepts.

Comment

Thank you Barsam2a, Designer and ChA1NsaW (nice nick btw. If I could I would call the map dM_BrOkeN so the name would reflect its character). Not finished but there was pretty hard work until this point so I am posting the screenshot of main windmill structure (Designer's approach with modeling most of building inside 3dsMax with some changes):

Any comments on this idea? It's not finished (it will be slightly more complex - additional windows and parts sticking out of it and it will be taller, textures will be probably different and have different alignment)

I was doing some small layout changes but I think its done. Now meshing, which could take some time I am afraid. As soon as the map is playable I will post .pak!

Thanks for comments and support!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ConradJustin; 02-26-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

And more news on the main windmill: I gathered assets I can now use as modular pieces for basically EVERY building in the map. Thats sooo crazy!

And that's just a beginning...

Anyway: I record what I do. If I was to make tutorials it would slow me down so at this point I am just gathering content.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Exporting new models, some of them modular, some not...

Edit: Tiles use bump map, I didn't model each and every one of them.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ConradJustin; 03-06-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X