You, sir, are a master.

Comment

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
        You, sir, are a master.
        Not much to add, I concur.
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Looks great! Time to provide a an early, playable version for feedback from us

Comment

Holy Moly! I remember seeing your first sketch and thought "man, this is quite ambitious, it will be hard to get it done." But, here you are getting it done! Most impressive sir! I don't make maps, so I have little perspective on what you are doing, but to me it looks so cool! I want to play this! I won't mind getting killed a 100 times in this map haha. Well done!

Comment

;-) waiting for playable version!
              https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
              https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Thank you a lot, Vlad, DutchSmoke!
                MaxCarnage, Designer: I know, I know... give me more time for collision and architecture.

Some updates (so you know I'm not that lazy...)
                I am so excited about this roof thing! I hope this idea will be playable and accepted by community

The tree I have been working on. It took a while... But I try to focus on "more important" things too! Don't worry!
                Attached Files
                For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
                  Thank you a lot, Vlad, DutchSmoke!
                  MaxCarnage, Designer: I know, I know... give me more time for collision and architecture.
                  Ha, take your time, but yeah I can't wait to try this out as well!
                  DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Great work man! Looks so good

Comment

Danke, Danko! And thanks, Tidu!

Okey, so here it is (BUGS)

I can't compile lighting (finishes at 87% and then just stops and lighting isn't built.)
                      Brushes copy themselfs and crush the program...
                      And landscape has weird black spots (happened when I was painting on it)

Ah: I am using lightmass and within: Skylight, Light Source, atmospheric fog and exponential fog
                      Any ideas?
                      I would love to release beta but I just cannot compile lightmap and landscape gives me weird square shadows... Maybe landscape is responsible for lighting rendering? Or maybe my computer sucks?

And it was going so well... :/

PS: At this point I am trying to go around this problem. Making mesh that will replace landscape and hopefully everything will be ok.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ConradJustin; 03-26-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Are you building the map using the Unreal Engine editor or the Unreal Tournament Editor? Cafe was having some problems when it came to lighting when using the Unreal Engine editor, once he switched to the Unreal Tournament Editor they went away.
                        PayBack

Comment

How much RAM do you have Conrad? Given the complexity of your map, it's possible you're running out of RAM. Next time you try a build, monitor your RAM usage to see if it's clipping.
                          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I am using UT 4 editor 4.8.0 (I did this tutorial https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Gettin...eal_Tournament to get it) although I haven't been updating it for a while (I must admit I am slightly scared of doing that as last time I had problems with opening the map on newer version) I got 32 GB of RAM and 2 days ago windows forced update to 10.0 on me. (I still feel violated). CPU is i7-6700K which is at 100% while building and Ram is only at its 30%.

I tried killing some processes and reducing lightmaps as well as the lighting quality. I will try to post a screenshots when its built.

Comment

There we go! I am so sorry guys! I have made a mistake (I set the "sky Distance Threshold" on the Skylight extremely high and it was screwing the lighting up. Have to remember not to pull any sliders that I don't know what they do and then forget about it.)

So first version is relatively large (I didn't compress the textures much) However it should play well. There are not much spawn points at the moment so Bots are respawning mostly in one place. The lighting is basic as well as structure and details. Basically this is a very rough stuff so don't expect flawless gameplay.

I am so happy! Here it is:

(sorry for it.. I will fix it)

Screenshots:

General idea:
                              There are three main areas: A,B,C plus several other like D which is extension of A and many platforms on different heights (this IS LEVEL designing after all ) There should be an access to the rooftops and to the buildings. Map has one area (the one on the left) which is opened and dedicated for sniping. This is also a place where you could fall to your death, so mind your footing (so to speak). Other areas should be cramped enough to allow short combats (flak, link). And finally there is extreme elevation (rooftops) that allow for what I like to call death from above (RL, Shock). This is a DM map, so I expect you to kill each other on it and I am planning to add some destructables in the future.

What would be awesome:

So Layout: Its flexible, if you feel like a path is too wide/narrow, rooms are too far apart, flow isn't there or anything I will be more then happy to hear your feedback. At this point Layout and Scale are the most important!

So Pickups: They seem too random? You can't find your weapon/ have too much/less ammo, health, armor? Just let me know.

So Visuals: General ideas and direction. Map isn't finished and it might appear ugly in some spots. at this point it would be nice to have it at the stage: "Ugly but working" as soon as possible to begin texturing, polishing and meshing everything out properly. What do you think about it? Does "Broken" somehow reflect it's name with its character? Or maybe the whole idea is kind of "broKeN"?

Enjoy!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ConradJustin; 03-28-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Nice one ConradJustin! check your inbox
                                LoPing
                                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Working...
                                X