• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks beautiful! It won't show up in my map list though :/
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

**** happens... I m putting the link out. **** it
      I'm sorry.
      Last edited by ConradJustin; 03-28-2016, 07:32 PM.
      For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Yeah, you've packaged the map with UE4.8 based UTEditor... So people using the launcher cannot run the map as they run UE4.11 based UTGame. I doubt there is anyone atm who still runs 4.8 game client.
        @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

Yep, somehow you should decide to re-build the map with current 4.11 version of the UT Editor, otherwise one needs to open the map in the console via command line, and maybe it's not even guaranteed that the map will fully work ....

So sooner or later, an upgrade of your UTE is necessary

Comment

Wow Conrad, that looks beautiful! Amazing custom content and I can't wait to play it.

I have to say, you are playing with fire messing around outside of whatever is the very latest UTEditor. IMO, you should be working in the continually updated UTEditor if you want to be able to have it properly run in game and also be able to distribute it.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

My bad. Last time I updated it (quite looong ago) map didn't want to open so I got this trauma thing going on, you know. I have slow connection so it is going to take a while, I am downloading it right now (25%). Cu around!

Comment

Share it asap! Wanna test and give some feedback.
                https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
                https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Hmm. So here is a problem:

• I updated (via Launcher) the engine to 4.11, the editor (and "verified") and the game
                  • I managed to open the map in the UT editor project in the new engine.
                  • I built geometry and lighting and tried to pack it
                  • It doesn't finish packing... I was waiting for like 2 or 3 hours and then gave up.Today I tried again with the same results!

Code:
                  [2016.04.02-02.09.27:681][919]Cmd: OBJ SAVEPACKAGE PACKAGE="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken_r02" FILE="../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken_r02.umap" SILENT=true AUTOSAVING=false KEEPDIRTY=false
                  [2016.04.02-02.09.31:487][919]LogSavePackage: Save=3737.74ms
                  [2016.04.02-02.09.31:487][919]LogSavePackage: Moving '../../../UnrealTournament/Saved/DM-Broken_r02E615EFFB40F003D69FDCAA8FCA8FDF7C.tmp' to '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken_r02.umap'
                  [2016.04.02-02.09.31:494][919]LogSavePackage: Total save time: 3787.93ms
                  [2016.04.02-02.09.31:494][919]LogSavePackage:Display: Finished SavePackage ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken_r02.umap
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.18:124][959]LogWindowsTextInputMethodSystem:Display: IME system now deactivated.
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.18:124][959]LogWindowsTextInputMethodSystem:Display: IME system now deactivated.
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.18:344][960]Cmd: QUIT_EDITOR
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.18:679][960]LogExit: Preparing to exit.
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.19:920][960]LogExit: Editor shut down
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.19:920][960]LogExit: Transaction tracking system shut down
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.20:140][960]LogExit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.20:195][960]LogDerivedDataCache: Shutdown
                  [2016.04.02-02.10.20:900][960]LogDerivedDataCache: Shutdown
                  The folder which normally is for .paks (StagedBuiulds) wasn't even created.

Code:
                  LogSavePackage: Save=30.89ms
                  LogSavePackage: Moving '../../../UnrealTournament/Saved/broken_a15192D73B41CEB1736EB79C9C61464E8F.tmp' to '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/Broken/textures/broken_a1.uasset'
                  LogSavePackage: Total save time: 32.03ms
                  LogSavePackage:Display: Finished SavePackage ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/Broken/textures/broken_a1.uasset
                  LogSavePackage: Save=13.27ms
                  LogSavePackage: Moving '../../../UnrealTournament/Saved/M_MeshEmi****er_MASTERB4E5031D42DCFE4D04EEDB9ED56242F1.tmp' to '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Outside/FX/WaterDrips/Unsorted/M_MeshEmi****er_MASTER.uasset'
                  LogSavePackage: Total save time: 45.78ms
                  LogSavePackage:Display: Finished SavePackage ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Environments/Outside/FX/WaterDrips/Unsorted/M_MeshEmi****er_MASTER.uasset
                  LogPackageContent: Starting to publish this level!
                  LogPackageContent: Starting UAT Task: /c ""F:/JUSTIN/UDK4/UnrealTournamentEditor/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat" makeUTDLC -DLCName=DM-Broken -platform=Win64 -version=3008043"
                  LogPackageContent: Publishing: Running AutomationTool...
                  And this is what Output Log showed today

My assumtions:
                  • When I updated everything the UT 4 editor files were created in a different folder then I had UT project before. I moved the contents and the map to the new location and it seemed to work. Maybe I should have moved something else? Or use visual studio for updating the packing builder?

• InstancedFoliageActor_1 Large actor recives a pre-shadow and will cause an extreme performance hit unless bCastDynamicShadow is set to false - I will fix that and update the post if it works.
                  • Maps need lighting rebuilt
                  • Some assets weren't found by the new version (map was using default stuff from the previous version of the editor)

So I am building th map again and I will see how that works, stay tuned!

Btw, guys this new engine looks better. For some reason everything appear to be clear and nice.Huge improvement.

Update: Same effect:
                  Code:
                  LogSavePackage: Save=3328.17msLogSavePackage: Moving '../../../UnrealTournament/Saved/DM-Broken15B20A2C43E3647A11EAF983D0E6BD52.tmp' to '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken.umap'
                  LogSavePackage: Total save time: 3352.36ms
                  LogSavePackage:Display: Finished SavePackage ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken.umap
                  LogPackageContent: Starting UAT Task: /c ""F:/JUSTIN/UDK4/UnrealTournamentEditor/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat" makeUTDLC -DLCName=DM-Broken -platform=Win64 -version=3008043"
                  What is this AutomationTool...
                  Last edited by ConradJustin; 04-02-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

when has you a Pak datei for us?

Comment

You are a god. Loving your work so far dude. Keep it up!

Comment

I'm sorry, Chris. I am trying but I can't pack the map. It just goes forever.

Code:
                        Cmd: OBJ SAVEPACKAGE PACKAGE="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken" FILE="../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken.umap" SILENT=true AUTOSAVING=false KEEPDIRTY=false
                        LogSavePackage: Save=3328.17ms
                        LogSavePackage: Moving '../../../UnrealTournament/Saved/DM-Broken15B20A2C43E3647A11EAF983D0E6BD52.tmp' to '../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken.umap'
                        LogSavePackage: Total save time: 3352.36ms
                        LogSavePackage:Display: Finished SavePackage ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken.umap
                        I found this thread (dude had same problem) but noone has responded. I will look some more.

Comment

[MENTION=245743]ConradJustin[/MENTION]:
                          Publishing/sharing/cooking can cause shaders being compiled. This can take a while. Check for a process "ShaderCompileWorker.exe".

You can also try running the automation process without having the editor open.
                          • Open a CMD (Win+R, type in 'CMD' and press [Enter]).
                          • Paste the following command (the one which is printed in the outut log when you tried packaging from within the editor)
                            Code:
                            "F:/JUSTIN/UDK4/UnrealTournamentEditor/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat" makeUTDLC -DLCName=DM-Broken -platform=Win64 -version=3008043
                          • Hit [Enter] to start the process and wait.
                          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Thank you Varelix, I appreciate that.

Thanks for the help RattleSN4K3. You are awesome, but I am unable to pak it nevertheless. I am reseting the whole UT4 setup. This will take a few days so in a mean time when I can't give you a .pak I decided I will share with you the glimpse of the map on the video. I talk a little about layout. Enjoy.

Sorry about that. I realy want to pak it. I will sort this out.
                            Last edited by ConradJustin; 04-05-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Oh man, now I want to check it out so badly! Looks amazing.
                              Not sure about the sewers idea, though.

Can't wait to see more.
                              @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

This is great, I like the style of the map very much. Looking forward to try it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X