DM-Broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Broken

This is a thread about my second map DM-Broken.

IN ORDER TO PLAY THE MAP:

1.Download the .pak file.
    2.Place it here: \Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks
    or here: \
    UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks
    3. Launch the game and choose custom singleplayer match -> custom
    4.Choose DM and search for the map in the drop down map list
    5.Map works with bots now, 8 players is optimal number
    6.Have fun!

I have made sketches and basic models. Before I publish the alpha version I wanted to make a real 3D model from wood of 3 buildings to get the general idea for the map. Tell me if you support the approach and I will post the change-log as I progress through it.

Map is happening outside in the city made of stone and wood. There is a river going through the environment and bending in the middle. There might be some nature and old ruins stonework.

These are sketches I made (apart from hundreds of others on my shelf... )

OLD................................................................................................ NEW
    Click image for larger version  Name:	broken1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	574.3 KB ID:	393057
    OLD............................................................................................... NEW
    Click image for larger version  Name:	broken5.jpg Views:	3 Size:	539.8 KB ID:	393056

OLD............................................................................................... NEW
    Click image for larger version  Name:	broken4.jpg Views:	3 Size:	478.1 KB ID:	393055

V 14

Download (315MB)
    drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeWawNl18I1OUFpUUVia3dMUkU

Pak name:
    DM-Broken-v14-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Checksum:
    f86516f25a1637a0143c091df7d6bb1c

FILE PATH:
    /Game/Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Broken-v14.umap

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA (https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

Version 6:

Map will be interactive. Meaning there will be some rotating objects (water turbine, windmill) destructable objects, old wooden mechanisms, elevators, one or two wooden cranes and river current that can affect the gameplay. Let me know what you think about this idea. I was also thinking about making the polish/english video tutorials about creation of meshes and texturing them. Do you think the style will fit the game? Or maybe I should change it so it is more like castle Titan Pass or industrial Outpost theme?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ConradJustin; 09-11-2017, 05:42 AM.
    For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

REALLY looking forward to watching this progress Conrad!
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I am excited as well, M^uL
      Here is a quick update of the models

I recorded polish tutorial now I am translating it into english so I can export it to YT. Stay tuned!

EDIT:
      Added water turbine. I want it splash the water slowly and creak hard! I was changing things as I modeled so it took me 45 minutes to make it. I will try doing it again quickly for tutorial's sake (or maybe go in timelapse?

Thanks to Archer now I focus more on the atmosphere of the map. Most likely night, gloomy and magic. I kind of want to make it clear and easy but at the same time deep, dark stuff... I will look more closely on existing maps and try to figure out where I am going with it. Tomorrow I am byuing the playwood for model...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ConradJustin; 12-15-2015, 02:01 PM. Reason: new stuff

Comment

All right. I am begining to mesh the scene inside UT4 and I made wind turbine with cloth mechanics. I really enjoy possibilities of this engine!

I will try to post the screenshots of the UTE meshwork as fast as possible!
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting. Great to see the progress.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Looking good! Do you have a layout worked out? Little worried your nice mesh work will go to waste without a more concrete plan.

Comment

awesome!! do stream!
              ps. thanks for answer i will contact to u soon
              https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
              https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Thanks Nato! Don't worry I have sketches of the layout and I try it with Bots every day. This is the preview screenshot from 3dsmax and UT4
                Here is the window element:

There is additional roof part

And the screen from UT

Yo, no problemo, mr. Designer. Glad to see polish designer! Milo mi! Do zobaczenia!
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool aber bitte Pak erst wenn schachbrettmuster duch Meshes ersetzt wurden

Comment

Comment

Woah! Conrad, quite an impressive peace of work you will deliver us here with DM-Broken.
                      this really looks fantastic and I am pretty much impressed by your mapping and meshing skills. Wonderfull work so far and I believe this map will look really great in its final version. Looking forward to get an early version so that the community can playted a bit and provide game flow related feedback.

keep going! This looks awesome in your video!

Van.

Comment

when come a pak?

Comment

Impressive so far!

That windmill - and overall architecture - reminded me of that old unreleased UT99 mod, The Chosen One.

Anyway, this looks sweet. Keep it up!
                          Last edited by insomnaut; 12-30-2015, 05:12 PM.
                          @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

It looks awesome!!! I want to run it on the map.
                            My old WIP maps!

Comment

Woah! Amazing skills. We have a great artist on the forum, good for scene.
                              https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
                              https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Working...
                              X