CTF-Azimuth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
    Has this been recooked for the most recent build? I would like to upload it to unrealpugs
    yes .

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
    Cool map Age I hope Epic Games takes the same as already Pistola in the official game I wish you in any case

Very bombas Map guy

Last edited by Envieous; 10-20-2016, 12:07 PM.
    CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - Check out my game!

Comment

Yeah if I had a vote I'd say this should be looked at for the next marketplace pass. Awesome work!

Comment

This looks great! In game I'm not getting textures though, just a grey checkerboard pattern on everything. Am I missing something? I'm running on OS X.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
          Yeah if I had a vote I'd say this should be looked at for the next marketplace pass. Awesome work!

Originally posted by ericcarl View Post
          This looks great! In game I'm not getting textures though, just a grey checkerboard pattern on everything. Am I missing something? I'm running on OS X.
          vOv

Probably an issue with the OSX version of the game. Try poking around the troubleshooting forums or the discord to see if anyone can help you out.

Comment

Updated for the new build.

I've been having an issue with this for a while where this particular spot performs very poorly in comparison to the rest of the map. According to the editor it is rendering nearly 900 decals from this position. There are only 2800~ in the entire map, and most of them cull very aggressively. I'm at a complete loss as to why this is happening, and can't figure out what is causing all of these decals to render from this position. If anyone here has any insight into what might be causing this I would greatly appreciate it.
            Last edited by Envieous; 03-15-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Just downloaded it and played a botmatch to check it out. I really like the looks of the map and the rain effects!

I noticed a few thingies all around which I'm not keen on:
              - Once I grabbed the flag from the enemy base, went to the terrain outside the base, was about to enter my base by taking the left path... and it turns out it's a total deadend! I can understand the decision of not opening any door to the base on one side, but I think such a deadend should have some other use apart from holding 3 meaningless ammo pickups. Perhaps it could have a route or a jump pad to the top of the map? It really needs some other way to get out of there IMO.
              - The bottom floor of the bases, under the Flag, is also a deadend which might confuse new players. I think having a jumpad behind the flag, from the low floor to the Flag floor, could be an interesting addition. Just make the jumpad strong enough so it keeps players in the air for some time, making them vulnerable.
              - I didn't like the placement of the 2 healths shown in the 6th screenshot. That kind of single-jump spot is too flow-stopping IMO, and not cohesive with the way that all the other double healths have been placed in the map.
              - I noticed an 'invisible wall' collision problem in the hallway from Stinger to Armor. I think it happens on both bases.
              - The rain kills my framerate... Not sure if there's something you can do about this, though. It looks great, but perhaps you could get rid of it only on lower detail settings? Inside the bases performance gets noticeably better here.

That's all I can remember. Congrats on finishing such an awesome map!
              Last edited by TheGlecter; 11-11-2016, 12:18 PM.
              DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
              My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
              My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
                - Once I grabbed the flag from the enemy base, went to the terrain outside the base, was about to enter my base by taking the left path... and it turns out it's a total deadend! I can understand the decision of not opening any door to the base on one side, but I think such a deadend should have some other use apart from holding 3 meaningless ammo pickups. Perhaps it could have a route or a jump pad to the top of the map? It really needs some other way to get out of there IMO.
                It's an inelegant spot, and a holdover from the original layout, but I haven't come up with any ideas for fixing it that would also look good, and since it's so minor (players may go there once, realize it's not a path, and then not do it again) I haven't really touched it. If I come up with a good idea for it I'll do something with it.

- The bottom floor of the bases, under the Flag, is also a deadend which might confuse new players. I think having a jumpad behind the flag, from the low floor to the Flag floor, could be an interesting addition. Just make the jumpad strong enough so it keeps players in the air for some time, making them vulnerable.
                The flag room is designed to act as a soft spawn room for players, the pit, alcove, and the area under the window where players spawn are meant to be worthless space to the other team. My absolute least favourite part of ut ctf is that spawns are typically scattered all over in places that are totally unpredictable unless you've played the map a dozen times and learned every single one. I'll take players potentially being confused once, before they've explored the map, over having players spawn in illogical spots.

- I didn't like the placement of the 2 healths shown in the 6th screenshot. That kind of single-jump spot is too flow-stopping IMO, and not cohesive with the way that all the other double healths have been placed in the map.
                Now that you point it out, yeah, that spot sucks, I'll move them next build.

- I noticed an 'invisible wall' collision problem in the hallway from Stinger to Armor. I think it happens on both bases.
                pics of the spot and I'll look into it

- The rain kills my framerate... Not sure if there's something you can do about this, though. It looks great, but perhaps you could get rid of it only on lower detail settings? Inside the bases performance gets noticeably better here.
                Unfortunately there isn't a setting to toggle, that I can find atleast, what detail level particle emitters are enabled on like there is for meshes and decals. If there is then I'll definitely disable them on lowest settings.

That said, what are your specs, because I haven't found them to be very demanding on my system, and am consistently being held back by the map's couple thousand drawcalls.

That's all I can remember. Congrats on finishing such an awesome map!

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post
                  It's an inelegant spot, and a holdover from the original layout, but I haven't come up with any ideas for fixing it that would also look good, and since it's so minor (players may go there once, realize it's not a path, and then not do it again) I haven't really touched it. If I come up with a good idea for it I'll do something with it.
                  Honestly, I wouldn't call that a minor issue. The level architecture is attracting you to the deadend, because the deadend path is much wider than the Belt doorway you're supposed to take. I wouldn't expect players to be trapped at the deadend just once... And yet, you're right... It's super-hard to come up with a good idea for that spot!

What about adding a force-field instead of a wall, from the deadend to the LinkGun? By force-field, I mean some kind of wall you can shoot through but you can't walk through. It would still be a deadend, but there would be a new strategic line of sight which could make it a little more useful. You might even want to enable translocating through it perhaps, and it could actually be some kind of window instead of a force-field...

You could also place Sniper Rifles in the deadends since the map hasn't that weapon currently, or move those nearby groups of vials. If the reward is nice enough, the deadend might actually make some sense.

And last but not least, the lights of that zone could be toned down a little, and the decal arrow on the wall pointing to the right should be removed IMO.

The flag room is designed to act as a soft spawn room for players, the pit, alcove, and the area under the window where players spawn are meant to be worthless space to the other team. My absolute least favourite part of ut ctf is that spawns are typically scattered all over in places that are totally unpredictable unless you've played the map a dozen times and learned every single one. I'll take players potentially being confused once, before they've explored the map, over having players spawn in illogical spots.
                  Many people are against spawn rooms and predictable spawn locations because they may encourage spawn-raping. It's an interesting topic for discussion, though...

Anyway, I don't see why having a jumpad behind the flags is incompatible with your spawn room idea.

Pics of the spot and I'll look into it
                  Stinger spot. Try to run next to the wall. It's quite easy to notice actually.

Unfortunately there isn't a setting to toggle, that I can find atleast, what detail level particle emitters are enabled on like there is for meshes and decals. If there is then I'll definitely disable them on lowest settings.
                  I think those settings are hidden somewhere inside the Particle System editor, but I can't confirm it...

That said, what are your specs, because I haven't found them to be very demanding on my system, and am consistently being held back by the map's couple thousand drawcalls.
                  Lenovo Laptop | i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz | 16GB RAM | GeForce 755M | Win10 x64
                  Last edited by TheGlecter; 11-11-2016, 03:21 PM.
                  DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                  My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                  My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't call that a minor issue. The level architecture is attracting you to the deadend, because the deadend path is much wider than the Belt doorway you're supposed to take. I wouldn't expect players to be trapped at the deadend just once... And yet, you're right... It's super-hard to come up with a good idea for that spot!
                    While my actual human testing of this has been very limited, none of the small handful of people I've played this with have ever been confused by that area.

You could also place Sniper Rifles in the deadends since the map hasn't that weapon currently, or move those nearby groups of vials. If the reward is nice enough, the deadend might actually make some sense.
                    I don't like the sniper rifle outside of big ut vehicle maps. It's made totally redundant by the shock rifle.

And last but not least, the lights of that zone could be toned down a little, and the decal arrow on the wall pointing to the right should be removed IMO.
                    The decal is gone, as for the lights, I'm already running a very delicate balance between just bright enough to see clearly, and too dark so making that darker isn't really an option.

Many people are against spawn rooms and predictable spawn locations because they may encourage spawn-raping. It's an interesting topic for discussion, though...
                    Except ultimately if you play the map enough you're going to know where they are anyway, and there's nothing more aggravating than stealing the flag and escaping with like 25 hp or w/e and having someone kill you because there happened to be a spawn in some random spot that made no sense, and you couldn't have possibly predicted.

Anyway, I don't see why having a jumpad behind the flags is incompatible with your spawn room idea.
                    Because then you have to run through the pit to get to it, kinda defeating the purpose of an area that is meant to not be important beyond the spawns it houses.

Stinger spot. Try to run next to the wall. It's quite easy to notice actually.
                    One of the level meshes generated its own collision and enabled it after the recent patch. I have no idea why, because I definitely didn't do it, but that's been solved, and a quick check of the map hasnt revealed any other instances of this happening.

I think those settings are hidden somewhere inside the Particle System editor, but I can't confirm it...
                    There's something here called max significance level that looks like it may cover that, I'm testing it now. E: nvm found it

Lenovo Laptop | i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz | 16GB RAM | GeForce 755M | Win10 x64
                    I tried ut4 out on my thinkpad with an external 650ti a while back, and it all ran terribly. Judging from quick google of the 755m, it's about half as powerful as the 650ti, so I'm not shocked it runs poorly for you. The new version has rain disabled on lower settings, give it a spin and tell me if it improved things for you.
                    Last edited by Envieous; 11-11-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Updated to new version:

https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak

Changes:
                      Fixed a serious collision error
                      Rain particles will not render on low settings

Comment

Updated for current build. Download in original post.

Comment

Thanks Selenic! downloading..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
                            Thanks Selenic! downloading..
                            Np dude let me know if you run into any issues. Sometimes the version change causes weird problems to pop up, and atm I don't have time to go do any thorough testing beyond loading up the map and playing it for a couple minutes.

Comment

For some reason, the version I downloaded is incompatible with UT. Is the old one RC3 and the new one RC3 also? Do you think you could update the one on your PlayUnreal account instead of MPF since most admins have switched to that?
                              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                                For some reason, the version I downloaded is incompatible with UT. Is the old one RC3 and the new one RC3 also? Do you think you could update the one on your PlayUnreal account instead of MPF since most admins have switched to that?
                                Oh, weird I guess I forgot to update the link. Could've sworn I did, but oh well.

Here, try this one: https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak

nvm that one is out of date too somehow, I'll compile a new version tomorrow
                                Last edited by Envieous; 01-29-2017, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X