No announcement yet.

CTF-Azimuth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a little more effort into volumetric fog on 4.16.

gief 4.16 plz
    Last edited by Selentic; 07-14-2017, 03:29 PM.
    CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Hi Selenic,

not sure if you can reproduce it or if it just happens to mê/on my system, but whe i launch single player games (didn't test this online) several weapons like rocket launcher, flak, bio do not shoot visible projectiles on the connenction brigde where the udamage is. Entering the room on both sides/ends fro about 2-3m , the they work again... like there is any kind of specific volume on that bridge which impact projectiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
        Hi Selenic,

not sure if you can reproduce it or if it just happens to mê/on my system, but whe i launch single player games (didn't test this online) several weapons like rocket launcher, flak, bio do not shoot visible projectiles on the connenction brigde where the udamage is. Entering the room on both sides/ends fro about 2-3m , the they work again... like there is any kind of specific volume on that bridge which impact projectiles.
        I'll look shortly. The only volumes in the exterior are sound volumes, which should not affect this. There are some custom volumes in each pillar room, and at the other base exits that control the fog, but they are well within the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
          Hi Selenic,

I found the issue and fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Apparently overlap means block when it comes to physics projectile weapons, and the volumes for the fog were blocking them entirely. This seems like an error with UT, but in this case there's no reason for the volumes in question to affect projectiles, so I set them to ignore everything except pawns.

Here is the updated version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed7bgyb7aw...ditor.pak?dl=0

Comment

It's beautiful! Awesome intro video too, I loved that soundtrack from the other UTs
            Interior looks awesome(I like the yellow + dark grey), the bridge part as well.... nice map

Comment

Originally posted by Zaaji View Post
              It's beautiful! Awesome intro video too, I loved that soundtrack from the other UTs
              Interior looks awesome(I like the yellow + dark grey), the bridge part as well.... nice map
              aww shucks thanks

Comment

Azimuth? Than can't be a coincidence. I'm a fan of Brazilian music (and them) as well... :-D Even my gamer name means "Brazilian jazz".
                UT4: brazzjazz | Steam: brazzjazz | Flickr: brazzjazz
                This is what brazzjazz sounds like
                Use your computer to do good, use BOINC!

Comment

Originally posted by brazzjazz View Post
                  Azimuth? Than can't be a coincidence. I'm a fan of Brazilian music (and them) as well... :-D Even my gamer name means "Brazilian jazz".
                  I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. There's only 3 intentional references in this, one to previous UT, and two to weeaboo trash. The map name is just a word I picked that sounded cool.
                  Last edited by Selentic; 08-26-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. There's only 3 intentional references in this, one to previous UT, and two to weeaboo trash. The map name is just a word I picked that sounded cool.
                    I see, I was originally assuming that the word has only been used for that band. Apparently it has several meanings. :-)
                    UT4: brazzjazz | Steam: brazzjazz | Flickr: brazzjazz
                    This is what brazzjazz sounds like
                    Use your computer to do good, use BOINC!

Comment

wow, it's been almost two whole years since I released this!

I've been putting off doing the finishing touches for a really long time in the hopes that we would eventually get volumetric fog in UT, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. I've polished some things up to bring this in line with the fixed tonemapping that happened in the previous patch, I've also improved the fog functionality since the previous version. Here's the download link!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu8rcjyfx5...ditor.pak?dl=0

There's also all new images/flythrough in the original post if you didn't see it!

Enjoy!

Comment

THX for the update!

Beautiful work
                        Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

A very nice map indeed Selentic! It's good to see you still at!
                          I could imagine a very nice DM version of this with just the midfield enclosure.

Comment

Working...
                          X