Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Welcome to the Finished Levels Forum!

This subforum should be used to discuss finished community maps which are not on the Marketplace. Work in progress maps, including beta releases should be kept in the Work in Progress forum. Once a map has been finished a mod will move the thread over.

Thanks, and enjoy!

This will be very useful in the future for determining which levels should be put on the marketplace.

Comment

I'm waiting for the next UT update to rebuild my DM-Delta map and re-upload it, so it will belong to this forum thread.
      Stevie's corner
      Maps, DM-Elik B1, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
      Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

I'm pretty sure vbulletin has the ability to have an image preview next to each thread, it would be nice to have that feature here so it's easier to sift through content if that's possible!
        CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Just to clarify: Once a map is finished, are Epic Games going to update the map themselves for the community periodically to make the map compatible with whatever the current build of the engine/game is?
          Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
            Just to clarify: Once a map is finished, are Epic Games going to update the map themselves for the community periodically to make the map compatible with whatever the current build of the engine/game is?
            Bumping the question

Thank you NATO for this forum. All finished maps belong to the Marketplace ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
              Not my call to distribute this info. Clawfist or RZE would know more!

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                Not my call to distribute this info. Clawfist or RZE would know more!
                Can someone give them a poke?

If the game itself is not finished, and the levels have to be re-cooked and (sometimes) redesigned and/or rebuilt, is it not the case that all levels are "WIP" and cannot by definition actually be classed as finished?

It's just...if Epic Games are not going to recook all levels listed here, and the 'mapper' will, then...all levels are transient; and the mapper is listing something which by design of Epic Games and the current state of the game by enforcement - surely framing a level as finished has no merit or worth?

In other words, what is the point of listing here; if at the next patch what is listed here will be unplayable?

Clarify.
                Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

The way I understand it, you put the level you consider finished. Then, the only thing the level designer need to do is recook the map if needed so it stay playable with the latest build.
                  Stevie's corner

Comment

Personally (i.e. my take, not informed by Epic) I would consider this the pre-marketplace pool. If you want something to be considered for the marketplace this is the best place to post it once you consider it 'finished'. As for updating marketplace stuff, that's another question which I'm unwilling to answer. I don't want to give the wrong impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                      The way I understand it, you put the level you consider finished. Then, the only thing the level designer need to do is recook the map if needed so it stay playable with the latest build.
                      Oh, I agree - except in instances where Epic Games change one of the following:

-Weapon RoF, Projectile Spread, DPS & new weapons
                      -Movement Speed and movement mechanics in general
                      -Lighting
                      -Game Modes (including adding new game modes)
                      -Music/Audio, including Audio Volume changes (which impact ambient sound)
                      -Character size

If any of the above are tampered with - the map cannot be simply recooked as it won't work as intended ab initio.
                      Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

This is most likely the graveyard of many maps. Since many level designers went off the UT4 train, maps will get lost on the next game update. Specially after such a long break. The concept of recooking for each update is deadly for modding community. We already lost amazing maps like DM-Hollow or CTF-Clouds.
                        Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

My maps :

DM-Delta
                          CTF-Infiltrate
                          DM-Aryth
                          DM-Aly

DM-Akar
                          Last edited by Stevelois; 01-12-2019, 11:41 PM.
                          Stevie's corner

Comment

Working...
                          X