• started a topic DM-Delta

DM-Delta

Download: Map, Readme
    Players: 6 – 10
    Version: 1.2
    Released: 10-11-2018
    WinMD5: 094eebc4500f7b6b5358efabe58b70dd

Story / Histoire:

The first groundwater extraction station in the Delta sector operated by Liandri. For reasons that are still unknown, Liandri canceled the commissioning of this station. However, it remains available for the organization of tournaments.

La première station d’extraction des eaux souterraines du secteur Delta exploité par Liandri. Pour des raisons qui demeure encore inconnues, Liandri s’est vu annuler la mise en service de cette station. Toutefois, elle demeure disponible pour l’organisation de tournois.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Details:

Delta is my first map for UT4 I was interested to play with the UE4 features and see what I could come up with. In the contrary to my previous UT3 maps, I didn’t had a layout in mind so my goal was to build something that look nice and fun to play. A simple FFA map if you like

Custom content:

Materials: 7
    Material function: 1
    Material instance: 7
    Music: stock game track
    Static meshes: 7
    Textures: 0
    VFX: 0

Dev:

Small fixes (bv's, materials and such).

Added the Lighting rifle and 3 ammo's pickup.

The final version of my first map for UT4 Compatible with the April 2017 build. THX for everyone who took the time to help me out or showing their support, encouragement in the WIP thread
    Last edited by Stevelois; 11-10-2018, 03:29 PM.

• replied
    ÐutchSmºke

LOL........................ merry xMassss to you

Megasporwic

Well, THX !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks amazing...great work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mon dieu, it's almost like xmas has come early! Thank you for the update!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Map as been updated.

- Lighting rebuild.
    - Reduce the map size (±40 MB).

Still at v. 1.2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for the compliment

Gameplay wise, it's not prefect, I know

Me, I like tight and open areas so I design my maps with both style. But in the end, it's all a matter of personal taste

Back in the UT3 days, I always released, alpha's, beta's, rc's and a final version of all my maps. Therefore, today, it's another thing. I don't have enough time to release several versions of my work. The time I can spend in the editor is not much so the dev process as been greatly reduce to 2 public versions, 3 at most.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Très belle map, il y a du taf derrière malheureusement niveau gameplay ça coince un peu. Ca ressemble un peu à un labyrinthe en dessous et certains couloirs sont trop étroits, ça manque un peu d'espace.
    Je pense que tu aurais du faire une version non meshé e en premier pour tester le gameplay. En général les joeurs n'aiment pas les maps avec des couloirs étroits et pas beaucoup d'espace.

Very beautiful map, there is some good amount of work, unfortunately as for gameplay-side, it's not that good. It looks a bit like a maze in the lower area and some corridors are a little bit too narrow. It lacks a bit a space.
    I think you should have made a non-meshed version first in order to test gameplay. Generally players do not like maps with narrow corridors and not so much space.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL

Good to hear!

Happy fraggin LoPingiacs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Highly appreciated Stevelois!
    On behalf of all LoPingiacs, we thank you for your GPU benchmarking maps, this update makes my little R9 380 strix cry a little less now.
    Keep It Up! Replays to follow!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for your constant support ÐutchSmºke ! ! !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you kindly sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map as been update to version 1.2. I made some small updates.

Download the map and readme in OP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX ÐutchSmºke and wishing only the best for you and your family too

Ah, I didn't know that ! Will take en eye on that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Best of Wishes for you & yours in 2018 kind sir! Map'On!
    Also a reminder, you can check (friends)replays as well! Ingame/Watch/Your Replays/Player to View/Player

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice to see players playing your map

Leave a comment:

Working...
X